Ten Years Later...

What Were the Odds?

 

Hi. My name is Choi Sooyoung. I'm 31 years old. Yep. I'm that old. And yet I am still dateless. Sigh.

 

I enjoy my job as a head cook in a famous restaurant in Japan. I earn enough money, if not, more. I love my co-workers, my boss-sss. Hence, I really don't mind being single... Even in this age. :)

 

 

So, I'm pretty sure you've known me. You have read the rest of the previous chapters right? Keke... So what do you think happened?

 

 

Well, pretty much the things that happen in a typical love story, but with a tragic ending... After he went to the States, for the first three years we kept in touch. During the fourth year after his departure, he stopped contacting me. Well, you know what happened next right?

 

 

That time, I felt like I could break his arm or leg or his entire skeletal structure. I didn’t know if I was sad because the man whom I thought would finally make a difference in my life left me or just mad at him because he did what he did. Don’t be disappointed though. I am very much contented living a single life. With all my friends around? Tsch… No big deal…

 

Anyways, Taeyeon-unnie married her guy three years ago. Now she’s busy watching her first kid. A boy named Tae Seuk. Got the looks from his cute mom as well. Yuri and Hyoyeon didn’t come with me in Japan. Yuri stayed in Korea and became a choreographer for a famous talent agency called SM Entertainment. I don’t know how she does it but I bet she’s great.

 

 

Hyoyeon on the other hand, flied to Australia and decided to take her Master’s Degree for Culinary. I wish I could come but I didn’t have the money. And like what I said, I enjoy my work and the people here in Japan.

 

 

 

So I woke up late this morning that I forgot that today is Siwon-oppa’s wedding day. Tiffany of him decided to get married after ten years of relationship. My gosh are they old? Haha… Anyways, Its already eleven in the morning and I have to get my present for them as well. I’ll be late for sure.

 

Oh, did I forgot to mention that the whole gang is here? They live in a hotel near the wedding venue. In an old Church near the main park.

 

“Sooyoung!” Yuri snorts at the sight of me. “I told you you’ll be late…”

 

“Yes, yes. I know. So please take this and I will go change now.” Yuri gets  the present and lets me run to the dressing room.

 

As I change into the blue and white silky gown, Yuri knocks.

 

“Sooyounggie? Siwon-oppa and the others are here, please hurry up.”

 

 

“Yeah…”

 

Yuri enters into the room wearing a frown. I don’t even know if it’s a frown.

 

“Aish… Really, I can’t believe you’re 31 Sooyoung.” Yuri murmurs in front of me as she looks through the assorted make-up kits.

 

“You’re 31 as well, isn’t it unbelievable too?” I answer teasingly. Yuri just shrugs her head.

 

Yuri pauses her make-up-ing as she giggles. “Kyaa… I wonder when Yesung-oppa will propose to me!”

 

“Will he ever?” and for that I get a hard punch on my arm. I just laugh it off.

 

“Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Of course Yesung-oppa will! He told me he loves me and he has asked me about marriage plans twice as well!” Yuri pouts. She then changes her expression and returns to my make-up. “Sorry Sooyounggie…”

 

“About what?” I ask her raising both my eye brows. I laugh then I punch her soft on her rib. “Palli… Tiffany-sshi wouldn’t want her made of honor to be late would she? Don’t worry about me. Come on, hurry…”

 

Yuri continues to fidget the brushes on my face and I continue to be silent. I sigh as she gets another brush. “What’s wrong?” Yuri asks.

 

“Nothing really… I just wonder when I’ll get my happy ending. I’m not getting any younger. So I really want to find that someone fast.” I stop, looking down. “I don’t know what happened to Kyuhyun as well. No one has ever told me anything about him. Where he is, how he’s doing… As much as I hate him these past ten years, I kind of want to see him…”

 

“And tell him in his face that you hate him? That you’ll never forgive him??” Yuri continued for me.

 

I nod. Someone knocks on the door just after our little conversation. Hyoyeon comes in with her bouquet. “Guys… Its time…”

 

 

Hyoyeon, Yuri and Taeyeon-unnie were the brides maid. I, was selected as the Made of Honor.

 

The three went ahead of me and I let a few more seconds pass before I start to walk.  The motif of the wedding was blue and white. All of the bridal entourage wore blue and white silks. I wore the same.

 

Siwon-oppa stands handsomely and waits for his bride to arrive. He smiles humbly as he stares at me walking to the altar, leading his soon-to-be bride’s way. I return his smile and mouthed him. “Good Luck and God Bless!”

 

Before the end of the first song, a familiar voice broke the silence.

 

“YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG! STOP THIS WEDDING RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Annyeong!~~ ^_________^ How are you all? How do you find the fanfic? Is it boring? Keke.. If it is, tell me! :) Anyways, are you all excited what will happen to Sooyoung's life? Will she get here Happy Ending? LOL! Anyways, Any bets on who the 'familiar Voice' is?? haha! Find out in the nest chapter! Don't forget to comment! Thanks to the new subscribers! I love the readers! You guys are great! The best! Thank you for the full support! :) God bless us and Hwaiting to all AFF Writers!