FINALE

What Were the Odds?

 

“YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG! STOP THIS WEDDING RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!”

 

Everyone in the chapel turns their head to see a tall lean guy with a brunette hair standing just next to the main entrance. He stands bravely in the middle of the isle and proceeds towards me. His milky white skin hasn’t change at all… and so does his eyes. The same emotionless eyes I knew from way back then. His nose is still the same though the thin lips became a little conscious.

 

He grabs my bouquet and throws it aside before completely grabbing a hold of my hand. He tries to drag out of the chapel but I resist. “Yah… You… Let me Go…” I say to him in a rather cold voice. “You’re ruining everything… “ I was angry. Angry at him, and angry at myself. I shouldn’t have kept him with me. And she should have kept his promise.

 

He then tries harder to pull me out of the chapel but then suddenly, my free hand, flies over his milky cream and a red mark suddenly appears.

 

“What was that for…” Kyuhyun complained.

“What was that for? What was that for?!”I shout at him.

 

“Sooyounggie?” Siwon-oppa suddenly calls out which remind me that he is waiting as well.

 

I grab his hand before exiting completely from the chapel. “Oppa! Continue without me!” I shout even more.

 

I drag Kyuhyun outside of the chapel by his collar. He resists at first but then obeyed.

 

“YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” I shouted at Kyuhyun. “I couldn’t believe you! You’re ruining everything! God! Why do you have to show up?”

 

“What are you talking about? You are the one who’s ruining everything! You are the one who’s getting married with the man who once broke your heart! “ Kyuhyun stopped.

 

His last sentence made me laugh really really really hard. What the heck? “So this is what it’s all about? You’re jealous?” I manage to say in between my laughs. I continue on laughing.

 

“Yah!... Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Cut it out! I’m being serious here!”

 

I stop. “What? Is that what you call serious? You were never serious in the first place! What are you doing here anyway? After ten years of disappearance you suddenly appear and ruin a special day for everyone! Is that what you call serious?!”

 

“Why are you marrying him? Him of all people?!”

 

“YOU’RE NOT LISTENING CHO KYUHYUN!” I said tears already clogging my eyes. I’m hurt. Very bad.

 

“I was waiting for you for ten years! I waited! I still am! WHY DO YOU THINK I STILL HAVE YOUR STUPID RING AROUND MY NECK HUH?!”

 

I paused to breathe. This is too much. He walks towards me and holds my hand.

 

“I’m sorry…” he hugs me tightly. I let him. After all, I miss him after these years.

 

“Siwon-oppa… He’s getting married with Tiffany-sshi… Not me…” I say to him, feeling his warm embrace.

 

“I’m glad…”

 

I push him away and give him a dagger stare. “YAH… Don’t hug me. Don’t talk to me. Don’t come near me.”

 

“What?! What the…?”

 

“Why? You got a problem with that?” I give him my mean stare no one can ever resist. Then I walk away from him, returning to the chapel leaving him alone and flabbergasted.

 

 

“Where’s Kyuhyun-sshi?” Yuri whispers to me as I return to my seat.

 

“I left him outside.” I answer leaving a confused look on Yuri’s face.

 

***

“As the made of honor of this couple and as a very close friend to Siwon-oppa and Tifanny-sshi, I want to propose a toast to the newly weds!” I say as I stand in front of the guests.

 

After the one-hour ceremony, all of the guests headed to the resort two-hours away from the wedding venue. Kyuhyun didn’t leave.

 

I smiled in front of the guests and of course in front of everyone, but every time I meet his eyes, I can’t seem to feel anything. It’s just like the song I heard once, “I remember the boy, But I don’t remember the feeling anymore…”

 

I ignore Kyuhyun’s stare and continue my duties as the made of honor. I took pictures with the couple and assisted the guests.

 

“Sooyoung-san!” a familiar voice calls out to me at a far table. Five guys seated in one of the guests of honor tables. They were Japanese.

 

“Ninomiya-kun…” I bowed in front of them as I neared their table. “You guys were perfect! Thank you for singing in the wedding. We appreciate it so much.” I stand beside Ninomiya and Ohno.

 

“It’s not like we can refuse the request of our favorite chef?” Matsumoto commented.

 

“Ninmoya, in particular didn’t want to miss this wedding.” Sho added.

 

“I bet he just wanted to see Sooyoung-san in her made-of-honor dress” Aiba teased, and to this, Nino smiled shyly.

 

“Sooyoung!” Yuri calls out for another picture. I bow before them and walks away.

 

“I’ll see you around then. Thank you again.”

 

***

 

The day went by fast. Everyone stayed in their cottages for the night, but most of the other guests went home. ARASHI, went home as well. Too bad, I was hoping to play starcraft with Jun and Nino.

 

You know, starcraft, the game I used to play with him.

 

It’s already 12: 02 in the morning. I refused to sleep. I don’t want to. Knowing that he is sleeping in a cottage somewhere away from me.

 

I got out of my bed wearing only a light dress. The moon is shining bright tonight, I noticed. I walked slowly beside the shores of the bay. The water is kind of cold. I liked it though.

 

I saw a figure standing few feet away from me. I knew it was him. A part of me didn’t want to go. And a part of me wanted to go and run towards him. I chose to be neutral. I just walked.

 

As I reached him, he greeted me. “Hey, you shouldn’t go out at night all by yourself.”

 

“I know. But I’m not alone now am I?”

 

It was quiet for a moment. “Sooyoung…”

 

“What took you so long? Why were you so far away for a very long time? Why did you have to make that promise? Why did I have to get hurt by waiting?---“

 

I got taken aback. He kissed me.

 

I don’t know what to do. He kissed me! But I kissed him back. I missed him.

 

“Sooyoung…” he said, after our soft kiss.

 

“Marry me…”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I slapped him on his face for the second time of the day.

 

“You leave me for ten years and now you’re asking me to marry you?! In your dreams!”

 

I ran off after pushing him in the waters.

 

Dear God,

               

                I don’t know how I did it, but I found love because I waited. I found myself, happy in the arms of the person I never expected would have a great liking to me. But still. I love him. And despite the long wait, he came back and fulfilled his promise. Thank you.

 

Love,

Choi Sooyoung <3

 

He followed after me and got to me, we kissed again and he hugged me tight.

 

“I love you Sooyoung…”

 

“Me too.”

THE END

 

Author's Note: Finally!!!!!!! It's done! It's done!

I have a request to make... can you rate this story from 1-10...? 10 is the highest. Thanks a lot! Thank you for the support! For the love and for the comments! Thank you soooooooo much! Mwah! I love you guys! God bless you all!!! Love lots!!!! XD

 

Oh, this is my new fic... Enjoy!

A Little More Complicated