Chapter 30: Plans

What Were the Odds?

 

Kyuhyun parked the car just outside the main entrance of the big house. Before getting out of the car, Kyuhyun and Victoria glanced at each other. “You sure you want to do this?” Victoria said as if holding her breathe.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “Don’t regret this Kyu okay?” Victoria gave Kyuhyun a hesitant smile before opening the car door.

 

 

“Stop this madness this instant mother.” Kyuhyun barged into his mother’s office. She was reading some files on top of her table when Kyuhyun uninvitingly intruded her personal hour. She stared at him through her thin spectacles. Kyuhyun froze at the stare of his mother. Victoria silently entered the room at the sudden silence.

 

“You have the face to call me mother because your so-called friends are suffering?” his mother retorted.

 

Kyuhyun froze thinking of the word suffering. He shifted his stare at his mother. “What do you mean?”

 

Mrs. Cho groaned at the failure of her original plan. She wanted to buy the whole building where Kyuhyun’s friends live. Kick them out so she cold get to Kyuhyun. To make the story short, use them to convince Kyuhyun.

 

 She had noted it at the time she came back from the states that Kyuhyun was acting differently. She assumed that it was all because of that tall girl named Choi Sooyoung. She smirked at Kyuhyun and looked down at her papers she was working on earlier. “Right now they are about to leave the apartment.”

 

“Why? How could you!”

 

“Well, simple, I bought the establishment and tripled the price of the rental. It’s easy as that…”

 

“Omma!”

 

“Auntie… Please… Ara is already in the US because of you. She wants to finish her medicine there because of you. She never wanted to be a doctor… why are you doing this to her? And now Kyuhyun?! Kyuhyun is already an architect student here in Seoul… What do you want from him? Don’t---“Victoria interrupted but then Mrs. Cho cut her sentence off. Kyuhyun stood there awe-stricken and in a daze, he continued to their conversation.

 

“Victoria! I haven’t seen you in a while. And don’t you go shouting at me like I did something wrong! I only did what I think is right! Im concerned about my children! I am there mother and I only want what’s best for them!”

 

“Auntie… Please leave Kyuhyun and his friends alone… I beg of you.”

 

Mrs. Cho smirked in disgust. “You may leave the room right—“

 

“I’ll go…”

 

Victoria froze at Kyuhyun’s shaky voice. She looked at Kyuhyun and pitied him. “Kyuhyun…”

 

“I’ll go… I’ll go and study in States and end this…”

 

“I didn’t know that Sooyoung girl gave a quite influence to you…” Mrs. Cho said coldly.

 

Victoria couldn’t say anything but she definitely did not understand what Kyuhyun is planning. She looked down admitting defeat and stepped back. She heard Kyuhyun step forward to his mother’s desk. “Omma… I will go but I will be the one to choose when to leave…”

 

“When?”

 

“On the 25th of December…”

 

Victoria was shocked. “Kyuhyun… Why?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Another late update! kekeke... omg! I can't believe it! my subscribers increased! Gumapta!!!! ^^ I'm so happy right now! Kekeke... Thank you for commenting and subscribing to this story! I hope you will be with me until the end!!! :) Enjoy the update! God bless and Thank you!