Chapter 12:

What Were the Odds?

I felt tears roll down my eyes as I gave off a giggle. “You’re joking right?” I said wiping off the small teardrops.

 

He ignored me and stayed quiet. “YAH… CHO KYUHYUN!”

 

“What do you think am I saying you pig?! You’re so dumb that you don’t even get that I’m saying that I like you!” he said standing up. He stepped towards me and my heart started to bounce again. I saw him walk towards me and was relieved that he just walked pass by me. He threw away the container of his coffee and headed towards the car.

 

“Let’s go home”

 

 

 

“Oppa!” I jolted at the sound of Siwon-oppa’s voice. “Okay then… I’ll be right there!” I said as I hurried down to my bedroom and changed my clothes.

 

After what Kyuhyun has said to me last night, we went home directly without saying a single word to each other. By the time we arrived, Taeyeon-unnie and Ara-unnie were waiting for us. I headed directly to my room after saying hi and Kyuhyun went to his games.

 

 

Siwon-oppa called me and told me to meet him. I hurried to our meeting place and saw him standing in front of his black Porsche car. He was talking to someone on the phone when I arrived, seeing him, I called out his name. “Siwon-oppa!”

 

He saw and immediately said goodbye to his caller and waved at me. “Soo!” my heart melted as I saw his smile. Out of nowhere I remembered Kyuhyun giving me the same smile lest night. Darn! Forget about that Kyu! I shook my head and smiled to Siwon-oppa.

 

“What’s up?” I said playing it cool as I gave him a high-five. I am actually nervous whenever I’m with Siwon-oppa.

 

“Soo… Thank you for coming!” Siwon-oppa looked really excited.  I wonder. My heart skipped a beat with the excitement. I entered his car and we drove off. “I want to give you your present personally since I gave the others’ their gifts via mail.” He said as he steered off.

 

“Oppa… You really didn’t have to.” I said shyly.

 

 

We arrived at a music shop a few minutes later. I never knew Oppa knows that I like classical music. Kyaaa~! So unexpected! I giggled to myself at the thought. We entered the antique-looking music shop. I followed him as he went to look for someone and finally he saw who he was looking for.

 

A beautiful girl with a very cute smile showed up and he hugged Siwon-oppa and gave him a smooch on the cheek. “This is Hwang Tiffany. I asked her to make you your music box you asked from me years ago.”

 

“Hello. I’m Tiffany, call me Tiffany-unnie if you like.” She smiled at me.

 

Why is she still slightly-hugging Siwon-oppa?! Who is she and what relationship does she have with my oppa?

 

“Here” she showed me a small piano replica. It was a grand piano and as I opened the lid, Boa’s “First Love” started playing.  I didn’t actually know what to feel or think when she gave me Siwon-oppa’s present. I should’ve been thankful since Siwon-oppa gave it to me but I feel kind of distracted by the fact that she gave it to me.

 

“Oppa… thank you so much. Unnie, thank you as well.” I said hiding my jealousy.

 

 

After a few hours of introducing and chatting, Siwon oppa decided to drive me home. That Tiffany girl is kind of cute actually. I gave out a sigh as I stared outside the window shield. Really…

 

“What’s wrong Soo?” Siwon-oppa asked me suddenly. “Don’t you like my present?” he turned the wheel in the next curve again going straight to the university.

 

“No… Oppa… Uhm… I really like you’re gift…” I said bluntly.

 

“Then what’s wrong?” he said keeping his eyes on the road.

 

I didn’t answer directly since I was too upset about the gift. I gave out a sigh. Come on Sooyoung! You can do this! Just tell him you like him already! My knees wobbled at the thought. I looked down at my knees as I the edges of the piano replica. “Oppa…” I trailed off as he neared the university. “I have been wanting to say this…”

 

“What is it Soo?” he said still not looking at me.

 

“I like you oppa…” I said as I resisted the tears from coming down. I gave out a sigh in relief as I blurted out my big confession. Siwon-oppa gave out a smile as he parked at the parking lot of the university.

 

“Soo… I like you too… You’re my perfect little sister…”

 

 

I got out of the car and waved to Siwon-oppa as he pulled out from the lot. I can’t believe it. I actually said it. I said to myself as I headed to my cooking classes.

 

“Soo… I like you too… You’re my perfect little sister…”

 

The words that Siwon-oppa left me. It hurts. I can’t believe that I’m actually hurting. I said to myself while the instructor discussed in front of the class. I kept on feeling my chest as I went through my usual routine. Hyoyeon and I went to our cooking classes but I skipped the last two hours to head off the library. Hyoyeon called me if I was fine and sent Yuri to talk to me.

 

“Really… What’s wrong Soo?” Yuri said as we exited the library.

 

I decided to tell her everything that happened with Siwon-oppa. I repeated the last sentence of Siwon-oppa as she looked at me, worried, “Soo… I like you too… You’re my perfect little sister…”

 

“What are you talking about Soo? Come on!” Yuri blurted out as we arrived at a vending machine. She got two cans of soda and handed me the other one.

 

“Yuri… I… I was rejected! I was rejected by Siwon-oppa!” I sobbed as I buried my face on her shoulder. Yuri patted my back in comfort but it didn’t seem to work. Tears kept on falling from the corners of my eye.

 

“Soo… You’re a Choi as well. No wonder Siwon-oppa treats you as his sister.” She said jokingly.

 

I snapped her a look, and whammed her head lightly. “I’m devastated here already you…” I hugged her again and continued sobbing.

 

“There, there Soo… You still have Kyuhyun…” she said putting another yet fishy tone in her sentence. At Yuri’s sentence Kyuhyun’s last sentence last night came rushing back in my head.

 

 

“What do you think am I saying you pig?! You’re so dumb that you don’t even get that I’m saying that I like you!”

 

 

I hugged Yuri for the last time and gave her a smile. Thinking of some idea to ease the pain I rushed off to our apartment.Where is he? He can make me laugh right? Yeah… He can… He’s a stubborn guy… He should make me laugh. I thought to myself unknowing that tears are already falling from my eyes.

 

 

I scanned each room inside our apartment but no one was home. I sobbed in the middle of the living room with two bowls of instant ramen (just in case I needed them). It was two in the afternoon and my eyes hurt. I rubbed them and sniffed a little before I finally gave in. I closed my eyes as sentences came echoing inside my head.

 

“Soo… I like you too… You’re my perfect little sister…”

“What do you think am I saying you pig?! You’re so dumb that you don’t even get that I’m saying that I like you!”

 

 

Thursday. I rubbed my nose as I opened my eyes. Something’s on fire. Something’s on fire. I smelled the smoke floating from the kitchen. I stood up from my sleeping position and immediately went to check what unnie was doing inside the kitchen. As I entered the kitchen, a slim figure met my eyes. He was panicking as he tried to kill the fire from the stove. I finally snapped myself from reality. Kyuhyun was cooking something but ended up burning the food.

 

“YAH… CHO KYUHYUN! STEP BACK!” I said as I pointed the fire extinguisher to the burning pan. White mist covered us. The next thing I heard was a big thud and I felt myself being covered by a big body of solid rock. As the smoke cleared I finally manage to get a clearer view of my position.

 

Kyuhyun was on top of me, face down in front of mine. I, I was below him. Buried flat.

 

“YAH!” we both screamed. He stood up from where he was and also did I.

 

He went to the stove, his face brushing red and pink colors. I frowned as I went to check what he was doing. “What were you planning to cook actually?” I said as I leaned on the stove beside him.

 

“Fried… Rice…”

 

I hissed and before I knew it, I forced myself to calm down. But when I saw Kyuhyun ditch the burnt stove and went immediately to his game, he ain’t getting breakfast if his not gonna help. I stood beside the outlet as he focused on his game. I secretly pulled the plug and went to the kitchen acting innocent.

 

“YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! “He shouted.

 

“Hel me clean up YOUR mess CHO KYUHYUN!” I said. To my surprise, he immediately followed my instructions and went over to help.

 

 

Because of his heroic act, we were forced to eat instant ramen for breakfast.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update! ....