Chapter 13: His Way of Comforting Me

What Were the Odds?

“Yah… Cho Kyuhyun, you could have called me for help with the ramen.” I said as I got another bowl of ramen. He and I were eating our breakfast which was supposedly to be fried rice with lots of toppings. He didn’t answer instead he continued eating.

 

I didn’t notice it until now that he and I were the only ones in the house. What surprised me is that I didn’t feel a bit awkward with the guy being alone with me. I do remember that I was looking for comfort from him yesterday though… After my obvious rejection… I sobbed in silence as I placed my bowls in the sink after eating three rounds of ramen.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun… Where are Taeyeon and Ara-unnie?” I said.

 

Kyuhyun was yet again turning his video games on and started playing. “Ara-unnie and Taeyeon-noona went for a business trip. They’ll be gone for about four days.”

 

“Ah… Okay then…” I nodded not thinking what I just heard. As I continued my washing, I just realized what he had just said. “WHAT?!” I said freezing up.

 

Kyuhyun ignored me and continued playing. “CH—CHO --- CHO KYUHYUN! WHAT IS THIS?” I said stepping back hiding myself from him.

 

Kyuhyun paused his video games and went near the kitchen. He had a grin on face…

 

I HATE THOSE GRINS! WHAT DOES HE THINK HIS DOING?!!! WAAAAAAAH! HE’S GETTING CLOSER!

 

“What?” He said, still grinning.

 

I shook my head in nervousness. He smiled and went near me; his face almost touching mine. He smiled as he stared at me with evil-ish eye, “Don’t worry… You just have to trust me…” he grinned before taking his face off of mine.

 

“What do you think am I saying you pig?! You’re so dumb that you don’t even get that I’m saying that I like you!”

 

He likes me after all… I nodded and continued washing the dishes.

 

I was bothered by the fact that I am alone with someone who likes me but, because of the time I have spent with him, it makes me want to trust him. A lot…

 

 

As I continued to wash the dishes, I can’t help but think of my rejection. Little did I know that Kyuhyun was already calling out my name. I had no idea what or why he was calling me though but I continued to ignore him even after I already heard him. I placed the dishes in the dish rack and cleaned the sink to wrap things up.

 

“YAH… CHOI SOOYOUNG… What are you doing?” Kyuhyun called out again, this time, standing up. He went straight to the kitchen counter and stared at me as I wiped off the water from the sink. “Something’s wrong is there?” Kyuhyun smirked leaning closer.

 

I was taken aback from his sudden question. “Bwoh? No… No… Nothing’s wrong…” I lied.

 

“YAH… Tell me…” he said.

 

I shook my head not bothering to give a loud answer. He went back to videogames and continued playing his game. What? How the? Sheesh… This guy… Gosh… I went out of the kitchen and sat beside him on the living room. I was silent and he was as well. Every now and then he would shout at his monitor and curse the controller.

 

I sighed and looked away. Still can’t believe I was rejected… what’s worse is I got a rejection from Siwon-oppa…I buried my face on my palms and curled like a ball. This is pointless… Whining over something… as I took my hands off my face, I saw Kyuhyun’s face staring at me.

 

“YAH!” I shouted at him leaning back.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Kyuhyun said, with (omo) concerned eyes. “If you’re not gonna tell me, then just play with me so that you’re worries will fly away.” He smiled. An evil smile if you ask me.

 

I shook my head in refusal. He stared at me and then continued to convince me. I shook my head one more time. He sighed and placed both his hands on his hip while standing. “If I win, tell me your problem but if you win…” he trailed off looking for something to say. “I will buy you food…”

 

I hesitated at his condition but I used to play video games as well so I guess I shouldn’t have anything to worry about. I nodded and gave him an assuring look. I sat next to him and got the other controller ready.

 

“Let’s have best two out of three.” he said. He manipulated his controller and so did I and the game began.

 

 

After two hours of screaming and shouting and cursing to each others’ controllers I won against him. I won two rounds and he won only once. He cried and sobbed childishly as I laughed over him. I gave out a good laugh as small tears began to fall again as I remembered Siwon-oppa. I excused myself to the kitchen as I tried to hide my tears. I opened the fridge in order to get water. Kyuhyun surprised me (again) as he stood at the fridge with a look. I hate this little ‘come on’ look.

 

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. “You…” he paused, leaning his face towards me. “You get dressed now… We’re going out… Remember that its winter okay?”

 

I felt my cheek get hotter. I stepped back in shock and embarrassment. “Yah… Why do you do that?” I said.

 

“Because I know you like it…” he grinned and went to the living room.

 

I hissed but ignored him and just went to my room. I decided to wear the pink sweater Hyoyeon and Yuri got me for my last birthday and my favorite scarf. When I went out of the room I saw Kyuhyun waiting for me with his normal usual casual look. He was staring at me which made me feel embarrassed again.

 

“Yah… Let’s go…” I said.

 

 

We went to a restaurant near the mall a few kilometers from our apartment. We sat at the far end of the restaurant. “Okay… What is it?”

 

“I’ll have two Seol Leong Tang please.” I gave him a smile and he grinned in return. He nodded and called the waiter.

 

“Two Seol Leong Tang please.” He smiled and turned to face me.

 

“Wait… wait… aren’t you going to have any?” I said confused with his actions. He just grinned and chuckled. I hissed in return.

 

 

After we ate, there was an awkward silence between me and him. He was silent and I wasn’t comfortable with it. I tried to open up to him since he is now my room mate. “You know… I was rejected yesterday.”

 

His eyes immediately met mine and I was shocked that he had this concerned eyes. “Sorry about being like this all of a sudden but I have never liked anyone else except Siwon-oppa.”

 

Guilt came in rushing to me right after my last sentence. How could I say this to a person who likes me at present?

 

“You can continue…” he said and then his stare went from serious to gentle.

 

“Well… I don’t really… Uhm…”

 

“Soo!” I was cut by a familiar voice called out from afar and I jolted immediately after seeing who it was. It was Siwon-oppa with Tiffany.

 

I immediately froze up and Kyuhyun noticed this directly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update!!! Please enjoy this chapter though^^