Chapter 9: Secrets

What Were the Odds?

“Bye unnie!” I waved to Taeyeon unnie as she left the apartment leaving me and Kyuhyun’s sister alone. It was kind of awkward being with her since we are not that close yet. I proceeded to the kitchen with a magazine and leaned on the counter.

 

Ah. Her name is Cho Ara right, so I guess I should call her Ara-unnie.

 

“So you’re Sooyoung?” I heard her as she came to the counter. “I’m so sorry I haven’t got the chance to introduce myself properly. My name is Cho Ara. I am Kyuhyun’s older and only sister.” She offered her hand for a shake and I took it with a nod.

 

“Yes. I am Choi Sooyoung…” I said trailing off. “Can I call you Ara-unnie then?”

 

She nodded and gave out a bright smile. “So you’re Sooyoung, eh? You’re cute!” she said smiling off again. Darn, what’s with the smiles? I thought as I gave off a shy smile as well.

 

“You’re birthday is on February 19 right? And you’re a culinary arts student.” She said.I am now officially freaked by their family. They seem to know everything!

 

“Uh- eh… Unnie… Mind if I ask you something?” I said brushing my hair to the side. “How do you exactly know all that stuff?”

 

“Well… first of all, my daddy is the director of your school so he keeps a lot of records. Names, Profiles, and the like. Me and Kyu… we just like to have fun with dad’s work.” She grinned.

 

“Have fun?” I couldn’t believe these siblings. They get all the informations about some student just to have fun?

 

“Well… Kyu on the other hand is very picky…” she said grinning her way to the living room. “He only reads about stuff with the people he finds interesting… or rather the people he likes.”

 

I ignored her statement and scratched my head. I went back to reading my magazine when what happened last night came back to me. I had second thoughts on asking her but I want to find out why the heck he acted that way.

 

“Unnie… Can I ask you something again?” I said closing the magazine and went near her. “Last night, I was kind of bothered by how Kyuhyun acted when I got out of the house alone.” I trailed off hoping that I didn’t sound too stalker-ish.

 

“Well, Kyu is pretty protective. He is how should I say, kind of very territorial.” She said.

 

Territorial huh.I nodded at her response and sat silently for a while.

 

“Four years ago, he had a girlfriend named Seo Johyun. She was a very timid girl, the type you would expect to be the good girl. Kyuhyun started to change when he started going out with her, and I was really happy about it as well. I knew that she was the first girl whom Kyuhyun really loved.” She paused settling herself in a more comfortable position facing me.

 

“But she died in an accident. She was heading to our house at Kyu’s birthday. It was around eight in the evening when she planned to go see Kyu despite her schedule as a council member of their school.”

 

That shocked me. I didn’t expect…

 

“Kyuhyun returned back to his old self after that accident but he was more protective to the ones he has gotten attached to. “She gave off a shy smile. “Sometimes it even bothers me but I guess God has a reason for everything. Maybe Johyun and Kyuhyun weren’t just meant to be. But thanks to her though, Kyuhyun now knows what and how love and trust goes.”

 

“Oh.” Was all I could say. I didn’t know that he was such a guy. Now I think I know him better.

 

“Well… Let’s keep this a secret between us though… Okay?” Ara-unnie said smiling at me. Again with that smile.

 

“What secret?” a familiar voice interrupted.

 

“Ah, Kyu… You’re back already?” Ara-unnie said stalling him. “Secret? Well, it’s kind of for girls only…” she lied before looking at me then smiling at Kyuhyun.

 

 

It was ten o’clock already and I had to get going to school. I have three subjects today so better get going. I thought making my way to my bedroom. I changed into my usual sweater and headed off. “Unnie… I’ll be going to school first, since I have class today. I’ll be back right after work as well… please take care.” I bowed before going out.

 

 

“Really? He did that? Why?” Hyoyeon asked bluntly.

 

“Who knows…? I don’t care either.” I said lying about the “know” part. We are heading to our second class. Hyoyeon and I are taking up culinary arts together. She is, like Yuri one of my closest friends.

 

I noticed her giving me a grin and I, without any second thoughts, smacked her in the head. “Leave me alone…” I said.

 

“Fu fu fu fu… Soo… Don’t tell me you…”

 

WHACK.

 

“What’s that for?” she scratched her head where I hit her.

 

“I said leave me alone. And he isn’t the type of guy who would fall for someone like me anyways.” I murmured. I hope.

 

“He only reads about stuff with the people he finds interesting… or rather the people he likes.”

 

“Well, Kyu is pretty protective. He is how should I say, kind of very territorial.” She said.

 

I DON’T LIKE HIM FOR THAT DO I???

NOOOOHHHH!!!!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : I won't be updating often these next day so bear with me^^