Chapter 6: A Pig can Dress up Too

What Were the Odds?

“Yah…” A familiar and unwanted voice distracted me. “Yah…” it went again.

 

I tried to kick the legs I saw in front of me but it didn’t budge. I sat up rubbing my eyes and focusing my blurry vision to the furrowing guy in front of me.

 

“YAH! I THOUGHT I HEARD YOU SAY THAT BY THE TIME I WILL WAKE UP, I WILL NOT SEE YOU’RE FACE ANYMORE AND NEVER WILL!” I said, trying to get through his stubborn head.

 

“What time do you think is it already that you’re still in you’re covers!” he shouted back walking out of the room. I noticed another voice but I was very unfamiliar with it. I went out to get me some food regardless of how I looked.

 

“Unnie… Are they any breakfast left for me?” I scratched my head scanning the whole view. There were some luggage in front of the doorsteps and unnie is scribbling in the kitchen. Kyuhyun is lying lazily on the floor with (surprisingly) his video games and I also noticed a girl laughing with the guy.

 

“Good morning… You are Sooyoung?” She smiled happily.

 

Kyuhyun coughed while snapping me a stare. “A guest is in the house… You might want to look proper sometimes.”

 

I jolted to reality. I evaluated myself and realized that it was already eleven in the morning, a guest is in the house and I have a class after one hour. “Wah! My apologizes unnie! My name is Sooyoung but I think I got…to…go now!” I scribbled to my room, got some clothes prepared, washed myself, got changed and got out. I grabbed some bread on the table, got my bag and headed off.

 

***

“Was that her? She seems cute…”

 

“And clumsy…” Kyuhyun sighed trailing off. “And a cluts as well…”

 

“Ara-unnie… Please help yourself…” Taeyeon placed her dish on the table as the Cho siblings gathered to eat it. “Sorry, my cooking isn’t as good as Soo’s but please enjoy the meal.”

 

The girl nodded and started eating; Kyuhyun joined her right after turning the TV off.

 

“Ara-unnie, please forgive us with regards to our house. We haven’t been cleaning” Taeyeon gave a shy smile and bowed to the girl in front of her.

 

“Ah… It’s really okay Taeyeon… My apologizes for barging in without any invitations. It appears that the apartment building I was renting bailed the business. Thank you for your warm welcome Taeyeon. “ she replied, getting another spoonful of kimchi stew.

 

“If by warm welcome you meant being greeted with your pj’s on then I’d be happy to tell the pig your gratitude noona.” Kyuhyun said resisting his laugh.

 

The girl laughed as she heard her brother’s joke and continued eating. “Taeyeon… How’s the shop?”

***

 

“Whoa… Are you for real Soo?” Yuri joked as she heard my story; were at the courtyard just outside our department building. Yuri is one of my closest friends in our circle.

 

I nodded to her. “I really that brat… He is such a pain-in-the-neck! Even bringing her sister to our house! It was soo embarrassing!” I covered my face with both of my hands as I lied down on the snowy grass of the courtyard.

 

I felt a sudden change of atmosphere and immediately knew what was going on to my best friend. Yuri sat up with a grin on her face leaning closer to me, “So… Do you have any suspicions why he’s staying at your place?”

 

“Nope… and I really don’t care.”

 

“Why he chose your apartment of all places?”

 

“He has no money and his credit card has been cancelled by his father.”

 

“Why he saved you when you were attacked?”

 

“Mmmhhh… It was probably a coincidence.”

 

Yuri pouted declaring her defeat. She rested her chin on her palm and sighed. “Soo, you’re no fun…”

 

“It’s because I never wanted to see let alone speak to that troublemaker in the first place.” I said while poking her cheek. We got up from the snowy grass and decided to eat. My tummy has been growling ever since this morning. I thought to myself as reached to for my beeping cell phone.

 

We walked on the snowy streets of Seoul as we decided to go the pay the coffee shop a visit. “Bringing this up, I forgot that it’s Monday. I have work today.” I gave out a smile as I brushed my hair under my beanie.

 

Yuri followed me as I ran off further.  I live moments like these. I really do. That’s why I keep them treasured.

 

 

“Well then… I’ll be heading off first Soo!” Yuri said standing up from her table. She waved at me for the last time before turning her back.

 

I smiled in return and proceeded to the kitchen.”Sungmin-ah… What time will you be off today?” I said leaning on the kitchen counter.

 

“I’ll be working overtime for a while Sooyoung-Ah… I need real time money right now.” Sungmin shrugged with a smile.

 

Out of curiosity I asked him, “What do you need the money for Sungmin-ah?”

 

“Well… I’m thinking of visiting my parents in Japan. So I need some budget for my trip.”

 

Ahh… so his parents are in Japan.

 

 

“Unnie… I’m home!...” I froze right after seeing “his” face having to greet me.

 

“Oh, the pig’s back from work…” he teased. He was still playing his video game. I evaluated the whole apartment but I didn’t see any Kim Taeyeon or his sister. I forgot his sister’s name!

 

“Change quickly.” I heard Kyuhyun say as he turned off the playing station. He stood up and got himself water. Now that he mentioned it, he is kind of dressed.

 

“You going somewhere?” I said showing off not much of an interest. I went inside my room and started picking some casual dresses.

 

“Pick something that’s not too flashy. We’re going to noona’s homecoming.”

 

I ignored him and decided to put on something I would usually wear on picnics. I froze as I remembered the season. It’s winter Sooyoung. I told myself. I shook the thought out of my head and got a checkered sweatshirt. I changed my pants as well. I put on some skinny jeans and then grabbed my favorite scarf before coming out of the room.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at me making ma a bit embarrassed. He must be laughing at me right now.

 

“Wow… For a pig I know you can actually pick some cute dresses there.” He said emphasizing the word cute with a stern glare. I felt for my cheeks as they were about to explode.       

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Weeee~! Sorry for this chapter! It's kind of crappy so mianhe! Anyways.... What do you think of Cho Ara (Kyuhyun's real sister) being in the story?