Chapter 2: What does he want?

What Were the Odds?

“You know, for a stubborn guy I know, you’re pretty quite…” I said gazing outside the window. The streets were full of lights and if I were smart enough, I’d know all the meat being cooked already just by smelling the smoky aroma.

 

“If I know you any better, you’re already hungry right? Probably since your Choi Sooyoung.” I turned to look at him at the sound of my name. He was still silent though, but this time he’s smirking.

 

“How’d you know my name? Are you a stalker or something?” I said. And as I was saying this, I knew my face was showing all the emotions I’m feeling right. I don’t trust this person; not at all.

 

Kyuhyun laughed. What a jerk. Gaaah! I hate him! I should’ve never come with him in the first place! I stabbed myself on the inside. “Yah… What are you laughing about?”

 

“Your face is just priceless.“ I saw tears of joy just there. Cute. The next thing I knew, I was laughing together with the stubborn boy.

 

 

He parked at the farthest part of the night market. I opened my door and finally I smelled the wonderful meat. I jumped like a kid excited to open her new Christmas present. Kyuhyun was once again laughing while leaning against the car. “What are you a three-year-old kid? Quit fooling around and follow me if you want to eat.” He proceeded and I followed him.

 

We arrived at a small tent a few meters from were he parked the car and entered. The first thing that caught my attention was the numerous fresh meats or rather numerous soon-to-be-grilled-meat-inside-my-tummy which were laid down on a table right were a man was fanning some barbeque sticks. The guy turned and waved at our direction. Seems to be an acquaintance of this stubborn guy, I thought.

 

“Maknae!” the guy shouted. “Come in! Come in!”

 

Kyuhyun proceeded without even bringing me along to his side. Hey! What’s with you! You could at least say ‘Come with me’ or ‘Come on’ since you know my name already, I furrowed at the thought. “Yah… Do you want to eat or what?” Kyuhyun distracted me from my thoughts.

 

Kyuhyun gave his “hyung” a high-five then a manly-hug after we got to his spot. They talked about for a few minutes and yes, the stupid guy seemed to have forgotten than a girl is with him. And so without any word I just sat down at the small table and mocked. I scanned the place instead.

 

I was almost gonna die when Kyuhyun’s so-called hyung approached me. “Hey, are you with Kyuhyun?” he said, showing off his small dimple. I nodded and went back to my mocking. He left me without any other word and surprisingly, he came back with Kyuhyun at his side. “You guys stay there for a while, a friend of mine will be replacing me in watching over the grill so until then, please help yourself.”

 

Kyuhyun then faced towards me and sat there silently. Awkward, I thought.

 

I thought of the perfect way to start a conversation. “You know… being rich and all, I never thought you’d come to a night market like here, not to mention during the winter.” I tried to keep my gaze at anything besides his face. He was reading some old magazine which was placed at the table.

 

He answered without moving his head. “Just because I’m rich that doesn’t mean that I don’t visit the traditional night markets in Korea. “He flipped a page and then decided to close the mag. “You hungry yet?” he said giving me a stern look.

 

I was about to answer when my tummy did it for me instead. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and almost curled like a ball. I finally nodded in response to his question. He stood up without saying any word and after a few minutes he returned with a bottle of soju and some barbeque.

 

I would have preferred some hot porridge but since I don’t get to eat meat that much so I got one stick in each hand and began eating. Though it felt weird being observed by a nearby stranger I kept on eating. I could really savor every juice from the meat. Aah… heaven!

 

After finishing four sticks I paused and decided to share some to my companion. “Aren’t you gonna eat? You were the one who said that you’re hungry right, here.” I gave him the remaining three sticks. He picked up one and returned the two to me. Even though I’m still hungry, I didn’t want him to spend all of those sticks for me. I have conscience too you know!

 

“Please… Please have some more…” I pushed the plate with the barbeque towards him but he didn’t move an inch. I didn’t say anything as well. There was a moment of silence. I hate quiet moments! Especially with someone I’m not used to hanging out with! So please speak up darn it! I thought to myself again.

 

I couldn’t help myself so I got the remaining sticks and ate it. I don’t care what he thinks. I finished it off with two shots of soju and finally I felt satisfaction. I almost forgot to keep track on time and finally when I peeked at my watch, I was surprised to see how time seemed to fast that I didn’t even notice it. “It’s already seven in the evening” I murmured.

 

 

After his friend came to us we chatted but guess what? Yeah, Kyuhyun even forgot to introduce me to his friend. How rude is that? Anyways I’m sitting once again beside him in his car strapped unto the seatbelt. We headed back to the university and he parked the car just about ten-meters away from our apartment.

 

I got out and then walked immediately to the gate of our apartment. I didn’t notice but Kyuhyun seemed to follow me until I arrived at the gate. I waved him goodbye and then shouted a “Goodnight” before entering the building. I entered the elevator and waited until to the ninth floor of the building.

 

I opened the door and noticed that unnie still isn’t home yet since the door is still locked. I opened the door and entered our apartment. The lights were off so I turned it on and immediately went to see if the guy still hasn’t went home yet. I could still see his red Ferrari below so I decided to come down for a bit and chat with him.

 

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING CHOI SOOYOUNG?!I slapped myself with both of my palms and woke up.

 

I went to the kitchen and made myself a hot coffee. I sat for a moment at the kitchen counter and tried my best to sleep when I remembered I had to prepare honey tea for unnie.

 

A few minutes after preparing the tea, no one still arrived and Kyuhyun’s car is still outside. I wonder what the guy wants. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's note: How's the second chapter? Is the length okay?? Reader's and friends, do tell if the chapters are way too long...kamsam^^