Trust

Beyond Those Memories

Gikwang’s POV

 

After Yoseob done with his examination, he laid down on a sofa in Chaewon noona’s office. There were only two of us. Chaewon noona had gone to check the result of the examination.

 

“Gikwang-ah…,” Yoseob uttered my name. “My condition is getting worse day by day. I’m tired. Tired of everything that happened in my life.”

 

“Including Sooyoung?” I asked him.

 

“She’s the only reason why I’m still alive,” said Yoseob.

 

“Then why? Why don’t you just be honest with her? Tell her everything and don’t burden this yourself, Yoseob,” I said to him.

 

“Because I love her that I can’t tell her. She is my everything and I don’t want to break her heart,” said Yoseob.

 

“But you already broke her heart, Yoseob. She thinks that you have another woman, you know. Stop making thing worse.

 

“You don’t understand,” said Yoseob as he sat up.

 

“No. I completely understand. I know how Sooyoung is and how weak she is…but please, don’t lie to her like this.” I was holding my anger towards him.

 

The room was silent after I said that. Yoseob closed his eyes as if he was thinking about something.

 

“I made a promise to myself after I knew my condition that I would tell her everything if… if I can get eyes donor. But until now… there is not even a single eyes donor that fitted my eyes. Every single day I prayed so that I can get one but, nothing. Chaewon noona works day and night just to find an eyes donor for me,” explained Yoseob.

 

Even though I wanted to speak up but my throat was aching as I hold my tears. Why? Because as if it was already written on Yoseob’s face ‘I give up. There’s no way I’ll survive’. Yoseob is a friend that I cherish the most. Seeing him like this really break my heart. But I don’t want to see Sooyoung and Yoseob break up because of a lie. How my heart aches to tell Sooyoung the truth.

 

“Gikwang, I… I might not even get an eyes donor. I might go blind forever,” said Yoseob as tears started to form in his eyes.

 

“Don’t say that!”

 

“But it’s possible. It not easy to find eyes donor and frankly speaking… I already give up. Did you know how many time I’m thinking of ending my life? Each time I see Sooyoung, I’ll end up making her cried. I hate myself for making her life miserable. She supposed to be happy. She deserves someone who can make her happy and that someone is not me!” he continued and roughly wiped away his tears. “I love her. I really do. After we got married, I thought of having beautiful marriage life with her, I thought of having children, a happy family then we grow old together. Why? Why must I go through all of this?!”

 

That was the first time I saw Yoseob bursting into tears. It was non-stop and he cried like a baby. I went near him and give him a hug. No words can describe how miserable Yoseob is during that time. Even I shed tears as I hugged him.

 

“Don’t you worry about Sooyoung. I’ll keep my eyes on her and take a good care of her. I’ll make sure she’s okay and I’ll be with her every time she needs me,” I said as I tried to comfort him.

 

“Thanks, Gikwang. You’re the only one that I can trust to take care of her. Please support her in my place as I can’t be with her any longer,” said Yoseob as he released the hug.

 

I placed my hands on his shoulder and said “No. You can’t give up. There’ll be a chance that you can get an eyes donor. So, please don’t lose hope.”

 

“But promise me one thing. Don’t tell her about this. Please,” begged Yoseob.

 

I closed my eyes for a moment and answered, “I won’t. So rest assure”

_______________________________________________

Hello my fellow reader...

I know what're you thinking....it's TOO SHORT.

Sorry..T_T 

I do want to make it longer but I'm afraid it will take a long time

so I hope you understand. 

Do comments and subscribe...

Till the next chapter ...

Have a splendid day