Moon Jason

Beyond Those Memories

 

 

Doojoon’s POV

 

I clicked the send button and the message sent to Yoseob. I was in the bedroom, holding my phone tightly as Chaewon’s crying sound roaming in a room. That room was Jason’s room. I walked toward the room and opened the door. Seeing Chaewon lying on a single-size-bed while hugging a pillow, make my heart crushed into pieces. I walked in and sat on the bed. Chaewon slowly lift up her head, she crawled towards me and hugged me. I hugged her back as she buries her head in my chest, crying hardly.

Chaewon really love Jason as she was the only one who spent so much time with him. Even on our first date, she was busy calling and texting Jason. She brought presents for him and not for me. At first, I was a bit jealous but after Yoseob told me about Jason, I understand. After that, I always went to her house to meet Jason.

 

He is a friendly and cheerful person. The ways he speaks and behaves was really look like Yoseob. That is because Jason grown up with Yoseob, so I can say that Jason was influence by Yoseob a lot. Jason and I always play video games together. Frankly speaking, he was really good in video games. We become so close even my mother can say that Jason was her son.

 

Sometime if Chaewon can’t company Jason to hospital, Yoseob, Gikwang and I will go there with Jason. Every week, Jason needs to be examined by a doctor and frankly speaking, his condition is not so good. He has to stay home all the time so he will not expose to the air pollution. That why Chaewon take a really good care of Jason. A slight mistake can make his condition worse. Chaewon’s parents can’t only focus on Jason because they need to work hard to search money for Jason’s treatment. So they really depend on Chaewon.

 

After I finish collage and found a job while Chaewon further her studies in medical, we decided to get marry. I still remember the only wedding present that she wants is…she want Jason to stay with us. I understand her feelings and agree. At first Jason was shocked at his sister decision because he don’t want to burden us. It takes us a week to make him agree. After 3 month Jason stay with us….

 

~Flashback~

 

No one POV

 

Chaewon was preparing breakfast as Doojoon make his way to the kitchen. He sat on a chair while fixing his hair.

 

“Where is Jason, yeobo?” Doojoon asked.

 

“I think he doesn’t wake up yet…” Chaewon remove her apron and said “I will wake him up…”

 

Chaewon entered Jason’s room and saw he was still on the bed. She walked closer and shakes his body.

 

“Jason-ah, wake up…you need to eat breakfast…”

 

“Ah…5 minutes more, noona. Later okay…”

 

“You need to eat you medicine on time. So wake up now…”

 

“5 minute…just 5 minute more, okay. I promise I wake up” Jason makes a puppy-dog-face to his noona. Chaewon smiled and nodded.

 

“Okay…but just 5 MINUTE…then wake up” she went out of the room and walked toward the kitchen.

 

(….)

 

“Yeobo, it’s already past 5 minute… I think Jason is still asleep” Doojoon told her as he looked at his watch.

 

“Aish… that boy. He said he will wake up” Chaewon once again went to Jason’s room.

 

Doojoon’s POV

 

I continued to eat my breakfast as Chaewon went back to Jason’s room.

 

“JASON, YOU BETTER WAKE UP OR I’LL DRAG YOU OUT OF THE BED!!” Chaewon yelled.

 

That weird, Chaewon never yell at Jason before.

 

“YAH!! WAKE UP!!”

 

I went to his room and saw Chaewon was shaking Jason.

 

“Yeobo…just let him sleep for a while and yo-” I stopped as Chaewon look at me with teary eyes.

 

“Doojoon-ah, please wake him up…he doesn’t listen to me”

 

I came closer and sat on Jason’s bed. As I hold his shoulder, there was something wrong with him. I quickly checked his pulse but nothing. I moved my hand toward his face and felt his breath. Nothing…

 

“Chaewon-ah… Jason’s pulse stop and I can’t feel his breath…”

 

“W-What are you talking about?! J-Jason…he… must be joking…” Chaewon pushed my aside and started shaking Jason again.

 

“YAH! STOP JOKING AND WAKE UP!! Jason! This is not funny, okay?!” Chaewon was shaking him even harder but still no respond. She pulled him so hard until his body almost fall from the bed.

 

“CHAEWON, STOP IT!” I hold her but she kept struggle.

 

“Let me go, Doojoon! I must wake him up!!” She said as tears kept falling down, non-stop. I hugged her tightly until she stopped struggle.

 

“Chaewon-ah, Jason is gone… we can’t do anything now…”

 

“Stop…s-stop lying to me…” she looked at me straight in the eyes “…5 minutes ago, he talks to me and he promise me that he will wake up…h-he promised... Jason never breaks his promise…I know it…”

 

I can’t hold my tears any longer. The memories of Jason kept replaying in my mind. His smile…his laugh…his sadness…his tears…his words…

 

-“DooDoo-hyung, let’s play video games…”-

 

-“Yah~~ that my desert. Give it back, hyung!”-

 

-“Haha…you lose…and the winner goes to…MOON JASON!! That is ME…”-

 

-“Stop making my noona to make your lunch. She is not your wife, okay…”-

 

-“Doojoon-hyung! That not fair…you’re cheating!”-

 

-“DooDoo-hyung, Saranghae <3~~”-

 

-“Doojoon-hyung…”-

 

-“..hyung…”-

 

-End of flashback-