Knowing

Beyond Those Memories

 

“Yoseob. Where are you? It’s time for your medical checkup and you still not here” Chaewon noona called me.

 

“Sorry, noona. I just… I don’t have the feeling to do medical checkup today. Bye” I ended the call.

 

Huh…what am I going to do with my life? Sitting on a bench at a park wouldn’t help. As soon as I stood up, something when wrong. Of course, that blackout thing. A sudden vibration from my phone shocked me and I dropped it. It kept ringing and I did try my best to find it, but what you expect from a person who can’t use his own eyes. I ignored it until it stopped ringing.

 

After several minutes, my sight came back. I saw my phone on the ground and picked it up. It was Gikwang’s call that I missed earlier. Looking at his contact number, I make my decision. I called Gikwang and we met at a café.

 

“Yoseob, I really need your explanation. Sooyoung said you don’t even talk to her, is that true?” asked Gikwang as he stared at me.

 

I didn’t utter a word to him as I felt scared. No, I can be afraid now. I have to tell him the truth. He is the only one that I can trust to take care of Sooyoung.

 

(Gikwang’s POV)

 

“Gikwa-,” a sudden call interrupted Yoseob’s words. His phone was ringing on the table. Even though Yoseob tried to cover it, I saw the caller id, it was Cheawon noona. He rejected the call and put back the phone on the table. Somehow he looked nervous.

 

“Gikwang-ah, I don’t really know how to say this and I don’t even know if you going to believe me or not-,” said Yoseob but Gikwang suddenly interrupt.

 

“You have another woman?”

 

“NO! I w-would never cheat on Sooyoung,” answered Yoseob.

 

“So, what? Just tell me the truth!” shouted Gikwang.

 

Yoseob dropped his head and stayed silent. He didn’t even move an inch until his phone rang again. Both of his hands were tapping on the table as if he was searching his phone. When he reach it, he randomly slides his phone to left and right and accidently turns on speaker. He quickly put it near his ear and awkwardly saying “Is.. Is this C-Chaewon noona?”

 

It is obviously Chaewon noona as it shows her contact id. What is wrong with him?!

 

“Yoseob-ah, where are you?!,” the voice of Chaewon noona was heard through the speaker. It looks like Yoseob doesn’t realize that.

 

“N-Noona, it happen again.. h-help me,” said Yoseob on the verge of tears. “This time, it’s longer than usual.”

 

“Okay, Yoseob. Relax. Now tell me where you are and are you alone?” asked Chaewon noona.

 

“At a café… with a friend,” answered Yoseob.

 

“Now give this phone to your friend,” ordered Chaewon noona.

 

“NO! He can’t-.” I got up and grabbed Yoseob’s phone away from him. “Wait! Gikwang, no!”

 

“Hello, it’s me Gikwang,” I greeted her as I answered the phone.

 

“Gikwang? Thank goodness Yoseob is with you. Okay, now I want you to bring him to my hospital. Immediately!” said Chaewon noona.

 

“But why? Why is he like…this?” asked Gikwang.

 

“You’ll know later,” Chaewon noona ended her call.

 

I stared at Yoseob. He was looking at me but his eyes did not focus on me. He stayed silent and wait like a lost child. I grabbed his hand and he startled a bit.

 

“I’m going to send you to Chaewon noona’s hospital.”

 

Like an obedient child, he stood up and he tried to reach for something as if he search his way. Without knowing why I reach my hands towards him and led him to my car. We were silent on the way to the hospital until I noticed he started to look around. Then he broke the silence.

 

“Gikwang, I’m sorry,” said Yoseob.

 

“For what?” I said that without looking at him.

 

“Everything. I didn’t mean to break this news like this. I never expected that this blackout thing occurs during that time,” said Yoseob.

 

“Wait, what? Blackout? What’s that? Okay, I don’t understand any of this and I want you to explain to me everything in details.”

 

As Yoseob told me about his illness, it was quite unbelievable. After we arrived at the hospital, Chaewon noona quickly led Yoseob to the examination room. She had a worried face when she saw Yoseob. Chaewon noona said that it might take a while for the examination and she asked me to stay with her. I asked her about Yoseob and I can’t deny it anymore.

 

Yoseob is sick, seriously sick.

 

Like a thunderstruck, I felt a gush of guilt. All this time I only heard stories from Sooyoung side, and I never knew what going on with Yoseob. 

 

_________________________________________

Hello my fellow reader and silent reader...

I know I didn't update in a long time..sorry for that.

I'm too busy facing reality but I still try my best to update.

To the reader, who still reading this fanfic, "Thank you so much, you're the reason why I keep writing this fanfic"

Do subcribes and comments cuz' it really boost my mood to keep writing. 

Well then, see you later. 

Have a happy life...