Youngjae Knows

My Black Rose

     Youngjae stopped in his track to look at the really long line. "Really?" He shrugged it off and decided to get a bag of chips from the vending machines. *Maybe I should get one for JaeHwa.* Youngjae looks for her favorite and decides to buy it. He goes back into the hallway and goes to her regular hangout, the choir room.

     "Hey Oppa!" JaeHwa sprang up to give him a hug. "Hi Jae. I got you some snacks, your favorite." 

     She smiled widely, "Thanks, oppa! I was going to get some right now, but now I don't have to." He smiled back and took a seat in the big circle next to JaeHwa. 

     "So.. JaeHwa, I was wondering if--"

    "Babe! It's your turn!" JaeHwa said as Jongin came through the doorway. Youngjae was caught off gaurd. Jongin came to the middle of the circle and started to harmonize.

    "I'm sorry, what were you saying, Youngjae?" JaeHwa turned her head from Jongin and focused on Youngjae.

   "Umm.. nevermind. It's not important anymore." He became quiet and started to stare at the ground. 

   "Youngjae, you can tell me." JaeHwa put her hand onto his arm. He pulled his arm back. 

   "It's not important, really." He took his bag and left the room.

   "What did he want?" Jongin said as he sat down.

    "I don't know. He was going to ask something and just stopped." JaeHwa stared at the door. 

   "Well, whatever it was, it must have been really hard for him to ask." Jongin said, taking her snacks.

   "Maybe." She took a peice and popped it into .


      Youngjae's POV

-Rehearsals- 

    "Hyung! What's wrong with you!? It's like you're not even trying!" Jongup rubbed the red spot on his arm that I accidently gave him.

    "I'm sorry. I'm just not in my mind right now." I said quietly as I looked down.

    "Obviously! My arm is really red!" Jongup took some of his cold water and rubbed it on his arm. "What happened anyway?" 

     I shrugged. "It's nothing." 

     "It's because of a girl, isn't it?" Yongguk asked teasingly. I started to turn away.

      "Youngjae's face is starting to get red like Jongup-hyung's arm!" Zelo said.

      "Tell me about this girl." Jongup stood up and walk towards me. "Umm... today I saw her with another guy. She's taken now." Yongguk looked at me surprised.

      "Forget about that girl. You have me." Daehyun brushed his hand on my jaw.

     "Yah! Let's just get back to rehearsals. I'll try harder this time!" I got into formation, and soon after everyone did the same.

     "What are you looking at?" I shot at Yongguk.

      Yongguk looked upset, then started off the dance. 


     I laid in bed. Throwing a small ball into the air, I started to get lost in my thoughts.

*Why did she go back to him? Why is he planning to hurt her again? I was the one she was holding when he changed. He hurt her so bad. Why do girls do that? If only I took that chance. Man, why was I so stupid? He knows he's just going to hurt her with his fake act.*

    A tear rolled down my temple. 

    I wiped it as I heard my phone rang. I didn't even check the caller ID and just answered.

   "Yeobosayo?" 

   "Youngjae. I knew about it for a while." Yongguk hyung said on the other line.

   "Hyung? Why? What-- how?"

   "Sunday morning/Saturday night, I think. I saw her leave the house while we were sleeping, and I followed her all the way to the park." He said slowly, as if he were trying to remember.

   "Then?" I said impatiently.

   "She was talking to Jongin, he seemed like he were crying. Then when they were done talking, they both seemed pretty happy about it."

   "And you didn't even say anything at all?"

   "No. Because I wasn't sure where they were headed. Remember, she was upset as well as really angry towards him. I didn't know if they were going to go back together or that they reconciled and became friends." 

   "Well, what do you remember from the conversation?"

   "I heard, 'meet me at the school rooftop' or something and then she agreed." Yongguk said sharply.

   "Damn. Well, thanks hyung." I said sarcastically.

   "Look, I'm sorry. It's just that. It's her, I don't want to force her into thinking otherwise. I hate him too, but I don't want to make seem like I'm controlling what she does. She's basically still in the fragile state and it would be wrong to force her. I know it works for some people, but not her."

    "It's been two years!"

    "Yo, Youngjae. My grandmother is the exact same state JaeHwa is in, but it's been forty-three! You know that if we ever try to force JaeHwa into anything, she is just gonna end up doing the exact same thing we were trying to drive her out of."

    "You're right."

    "Of course I'm right. I'm always right."

   "Hyung. Really?"

    "Yeah, really."


It's Short Again :/