That Night

My Black Rose

      Youngjae stayed in his room, practicing a dance routine he, and his other friends have been working on. 

 

"Yeongwoneul yaksok (sok) haetdeon nanaldeul,

geu sunganmankeum kkeuttorok jeoldae itji ankesseo.

(Yes I remember.)

​I remember!"

 

      After the song ended Youngjae fell onto his bed in exhaustion. After a few deep breaths, he turned his head towards his nightstand and saw the CD sticking out of the pocket of his backpack. He got up and grabbed the CD and read the cover.

     "...C-Clown." He walked over to his stereo and inserted the disc. "Hmmm... oh yeah! Track two." He said as he pressed the "next" button. 

 

"Meoreojilkkabwa naega sirheojilkkabwa


Malhago sipeotneunde ibi


Tteoreojijiga anasseo."

 

      Youngjae repeated the song about twice before he decided to listen to the rest of the tracks. "They are really good!" He took his phone and dialed Ray.

      "Yeobosayo?" 

      "Annyeong! Ray, I heard the song." Youngjae said with a smile.

     "Oh, you like it?" 

      "I love it. The other tracks were really good too." 

      "Yes!" Youngjae heard a round of cheers in the background. Then the noise shot down. "Mian. I'm with the guys. So, you really like the tracks?" Ray asked, leaning on the sliding door, looking out the balcony.

      "Yeah you guys' vocals really go with the beat, it's amazing." 

      "Glad you like it. You can keep the CD if you want." 

      "Really?" 

      "Yep." 

      "Oh thank you!" 

      "You're welcome hyung. See you tomorrow." Ray smiled and went back inside the dorm.

      "See you." Youngjae hung up the phone and went back to listening to the CD.


 -JaeHwa's House-

       "Jagi, tomorrow, you should wear something nice tomorrow. Not too nice, but nice. You know?" 

       "Wae?"

       "Just do it. After school, I'll pick you up and we'll go."

       Right before JaeHwa could respond, Hyun-Ah called. "JaeHwa! Jongup! Come down, appa, umma, and oppa are here!" 

       "Alright, babe, I got to go, they're here." 

       "Okay, tell them I said 'hi'!" Jongin said as JaeHwa hung up the phone.

       JaeHwa ran down the stairs to greet the other part of her family that came from the states.

      "Umma! Appa!" She hugged them both and turned to her oldest brother, Jun-Young. "Oppa!" She hugged him the tightest. "I missed you guys!" 

       "Hyung! Umma, Appa!" Jongup rushed to them and hugged them tightly.

       "Wow, Jong you're getting really strong!" Jun-young said as he dropped his bag.

       "So how was America?" JaeHwa asked.

      "It was... different. People there are so into partying and going crazy, but other than that, it was fun." Umma replied.

      "We got you some gifts!" Jun-Young opened his bag filled with candy, jewelry, backpacks, and books. He handed some of the gifts to JaeHwa, then to Jongup, and then to Hyun-Ah. 

        "Hyung! This is amazing!" Jongup said with a mouthful of chocolate.

       "I know." Jun-Young replied filling his mouth with his own chocolate pieces. 

        "Well, it's been a long trip, I feel really tired. I was hyper during the plane ride." Appa said, going upstairs.

        "He was watching this one show the whole ride, and I think he finished the whole season." Umma said, following him.

        "Well, goodnight, Umma, Appa!" All four kids said.

       "We should clean up in here." Jun-young said as he started to put the candy in the kitchen.

         "Yeah. We should." Hyun-Ah picked up one bag and carried it upstairs. Jongup grabbed the other two and helped out. JaeHwa fixed the shoes at the front door, and went upstairs.

        She went into her room and stood in front of her closet. "Now, what should I wear?"