Dead to Me

My Black Rose

     JaeHwa and Mina met up at lunch. They decided to just walk around the halls. 

     "So why are you crying? Or.. were?" Mina said with concern in her eyes. 

     "It's just that, a lot is going through my mind." JaeHwa wiped her tears.

     "You know you can tell me right?" 

      "I can't really trust anyone right now... I'm sorry.. You're a good friend and all, but I just don't feel ready to trust anyone right now."

      "Okay... Then we won't talk about it... How's your brother?"

      "He's still upset at Jongin."

      "Well, I would understand why.. he did it with no shame at all."

      "Past is past. Okay?!" JaeHwa shouted.

      Mina looked at her annoyed. "Jae. You are being delusional. Yes, past is past; but still, what he did, you can't really change all that quickly, well this much."

      "Damn it, Mina! It's been two years!" JaeHwa's eyes became more intense.

      "JaeHwa," Mina said calmly. "You can't just be with someone for years then cheat on them with their own freaking best friend out there in the damn open, with no damn shame in what you're doing. You can't keep seeing them and doing things after all this time then go back to the person you hurt two freaking years later to promise you won't do it again and then go out and stick to the thing that lost your first chance!"

       JaeHwa grunter and turned around quickly.

     "Yeah! Run away to that piece of ! You're being stupid!" Mina yelled out and stormed to the other side of the hallway.


     JaeHwa went out to the rooftop  for the rest of lunch.

     "It's like everyone is out there to get me. First, Krystal.. What a . Then Jongin.. Then Mina? Just .. what the hell!" She slammed her palm on the rooftop ledge. "Damn it!" She rubbed her now-red hand and fell to her knees. "I can't really talk to anyone.. Krystal and Jongin are basically the root.. Jongup is still a little irked about it all.. Hyun-ah wouldn't understand... ugh!" 

   After a few minutes she collected herself and went downstairs.