Chapter 1

My Black Rose

     "YAH! Jongup wake up! We are going to freaking late because of you! YAH!" JaeHwa yelled as she started to jump on her older brother's bed. "Yah! Don't you hear me!? Come on let's go!"

      Out of frustration, she pushed the lump on the bed and onto the floor. Expecting to hear a loud thud, JaeHwa walked over to the other side for an explanation for the lack of sound.

       "You're so stupid, dongsaeng. I honestly don't understand how in the world you're in your junior year already." JaeHwa jumped and ly to see her brother Jongup already dressed with a toothbrush in his mouth. 

*No wonder why he felt so light....*

       "I was just... uh...er... umm... why in the world would you have your pillows under a blanket like that!?" JaeHwa said while her cheeks turned red with embarrassment. 

       "I just wanted to see if you would react like how mom did yesterday when I did that." Jongup giggled. 

      "Ugh. You're so immature." JaeHwa said as she walked out into the hallway and down the stairs. She grabbed her bag and yelled, "Hurry up Unnie Hyun-Ah is waiting for us outside!"

      "Why are you yelling at me?! I'm right behind you." Jongup said annoyed. "Shotgun!" he yelled running towards the front seat. 

       "No fair! Urgh!" JaeHwa said following him.

       "Yah! Don't dent my car now!" Hyun-Ah yelled towards her two dongsaengs.

       "I didn't." The two shouted back.

       "I don't understand why I have to keep dropping and picking you guys up. You two are already old enough to drive and you two have a driver's license! I'm only 26 years old, and I feel like I have teenagers already, but you two are my younger siblings..." Hyun-Ah said while waiting to turn.

       "Umma said she can't afford us a car yet. We still need to fix everything first then we can have whatever." JaeHwa said while looking out the window towards the big, open, green park.

       "....What about the bus? There are a lot of kids on the bus. Even I had to ride the bus!" The older sister pointed at the bus that crossed their path.

      "The bus is full of crazy people! ...and there's always a fight or something. Plus mom doesn't want us to, she thinks that the kids on the bus will teach us bad things." JaeHwa replied with a disgusted tone.

      "Why do you do that?" Hyun-Ah complained.

      "Do what?" JaeHwa shot back with a little attitude.

      "Act like you're 'all that'. Like a little princess. You're old now. So you should just drop it." JaeHwa scoffed. Jongup started laughing in agreement.

      "Don't you dare *scoff* me, and Jongup, you are on your last year of high school, but yet you still act like you're twelve." Jongup went silent and JaeHwa laughed to herself.

      "Well... here is your stop. Remember I'm going to pick you up next to the field again. Bye!"

     "Bye Hyun-Ah." They waved back.

     "Dang. We only have five minutes to get to class now." Jongup panicked.

     "If only Hyun-Ah didn't take the long way again. It would have saved all of us about fifteen to get to where we are going." JaeHwa said as she started speed walking to her class.


     Jongup found his class right at the bell, but JaeHwa was still looking. 

    *Ugh. I'm already late.* 

    A few minutes later, and JaeHwa still couldn't find her class, then she spotted it. JaeHwa started speed walking so fast she didn't even notice that there was another student dashing through the other hallway.

 

CLASH ~

 

     "Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there! Here let me help you." JaeHwa said as she kneeled down to help the other student with her books.

     "N-no I'm fine." The shy girl said, almost sounded like she was afraid. 

     "No it's the least I could do." JaeHwa noticed the expression on the younger girl, and she tried to sound as nice as possible while she handed the girl the last book. "I'm Moon JaeHwa."

     "I-I'm Chae Hana... umm... do you, by chance, know where Room 183 is?"

     "Oh so you're a sophmore?" JaeHwa said as she walked the girl to her class. The girl nodded, avoiding eye contact. 

     "Oh cool.... Well you'll like Mr. Yang. He's funny." The new junior said with a smile. 

     "Really?" The younger girl asked as she hesitated to believe, since the only teachers she had known were very old and strict. 

     "Yeah. He also hardly gives any homework."

     "Oh.. Well that's a stress relief." Hana giggled. 

     "Yeah. A lot." The two were already standing in front of the door with the sign "183" going down the side. "Well.. here it is. Room 183."

      "Oh thanks." The sophmore anxiously grabbed the handle and turned it.

      As the door opened, the old, crazy teacher in front of the board announced, "Well here she comes. Ms. Chae Hana." The girl looked at the man with eyes like a baby deer's when encountering a hunter.

      "I w-w-was lost sir. I was running around looking for it. Only to find out that I had past it about three times."

      "Well then. You should've had a map." The old man said with his hands on his hips and trying to put on an angered look on his face.

      "I-I-I" The new student stuttered. 

     "She was with me. I was showing her around." JaeHwa said loudly as she came into the classroom. 

     "Oh Ms. Moon JaeHwa. Shouldn't you be in your class as well?" Mr. Yang said angrily.

    *But... she said he was funny...*  

     "Don't even try to act angry mister. I can see right through you." Mr. Yang broke out of his character and started to laugh hysterically. The class joined in about ten seconds later. "Anyways.. I honestly forgot where all the other half of the classrooms are since I hardly been to that area. Mr. Yang. So sorry I caused her to be late."

    "That's what really happened?" 

    "Yes, sir." JaeHwa said with a perfect poker face. 

    "Well here is a map, and since you stayed out to help out a fellow school member, I'll write you a pass for your class."

    "Thanks Mr. Yang" JaeHwa quickly took her pass and headed for the door. 

    "You're welcome.. and STOP DITCHING!" He yelled as the door was closing which made JaeHwa giggle to herself.


    "Finally I'm here." JaeHwa said as she took a breath. 

    "Oh look, well if it isn't Ms. Moon JaeHwa. We were all waiting for you." Mrs. Jung said with a piercing stare. 

    "Yeah... I was with Mr. Yang helping a student..." she replied slowly passing the pass towards her teacher. "..And how did you know my name?" 

    "Well you're the only one that wasn't in class while I was calling attendance. Now take a seat so class can finally begin."

    "Ohhhhh... alright."

    JaeHwa scanned the room for a seat when she finally spotted one next to her best friend Krystal. 

    "Now, since everybody is here. Everyone please take out a piece of notebook paper and let's get into the wonderful works of biology."


    The rest day went by slow, but to JaeHwa, it lasted about twenty minutes. While everyone was getting to know each other, JaeHwa sat at the back reading a page from her pink notebook labeled "Memories" from years ago.

 

January 14, 2009. 

Happy birthday to me. :P

Haha. Happy birthday to my baby Jonginnie. :)

Hey, you know what I want? ;)

No... but I have an idea..

What is it then? 

I'd rather not say.

Well I just wanted some ice cream. haha. What did you think I was gonna say?

Nothing.

Mhmm.. You dirty girl. You were thinking wrong weren't you!? .... so young and already thinking that way.

I didnt.

Then what did you think?? 

Umm... ponies.

YOU DIRTY GIRL! I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR FACE THAT YOU'RE LYING! Don't lie to me :( It's my birthday! Have you no shame?!

Okay fine. I was.

Mhmm. You can't lie to this face.

Haha ok.  

 

Omg. >,< Jongup is making me really uncomfortable with him just sitting like a meter away from me.

He doesn't even notice we are passing notes. He's just on the computer. So stop being so paranoid. It's not like anything we said in here is bad... Well, what I said at least.

I didn't even.. whatever. xD Well, hope you have a good birthday :)

Well, I'm with you. So I already am. :P

 

     JaeHwa smiled to herself as she replayed the scene back in her head, but then she snapped out of it when Krystal started talking. "Yah! Jae! What are you doing?" 

     "Nothing!" JaeHwa looked up from her notebook.

     "Sure." Krystal smirked as she slid back into her seat.

 

*RING ~ !*

 

     "Aish! The ending bell is even louder than last year!" Krystal yelled as she covered her ears.

     "It's better than listening to Mrs. Jung for three hours." JaeHwa said as she got into the crowd in the hallway.

     "Totally. She's so plain. I'd rather fail and get Mr. Yang again, but sadly, I'm gonna need the credits for this year." Krystal said as she looked for her sister, Jessica. JaeHwa followed until she felt someone tap her arm. Taken by surprise, JaeHwa turned around and noticed that it was Jongin. 

      "Hey, Jae." Jongin looked at her with those eyes she missed looking into.

      "Umm... hey Jongin." JaeHwa said nervously.

      "I haven't seen you in a while.." She nodded and stood there staring at the one she desparately wanted back. Without noticing, she whispered "I miss you." His head instantly shot up pretending to not hear what she said, "What?" 

 

"Nothing." JaeHwa quickly walked away to avoid him.

 

"I miss you too." He whispered to himself as he walked away.

 

 


Author's Note...

Well yeah. I know I'm not the best writer in the world. I just wrote what came to mind. I am pretty sure I have a lot of errors here, but since I am pretty lazy and want to finally have a chapter, I will just leave it for now. 

I started this story as practice, I posted it publically so other's can optionally and openly (?) give some advice and/or criticism to help me improve in my writing. x)

This is my first story that I actually plan on giving a lot of thought to and finishing it. 

If I had anything that sounded a lot like a certain other's story, I would like to just point out that I wrote whatever comes randomly to mind, [already said that DX] so it was not intentional.

So yeah.... lol  

I hope you guys enjoy My Black Rose :)

-ChibiAngelBunny x)