White Dress

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hurry on then, you don’t want to be late,” my mother said, shooing me away. “Kris, take care of my daughter, okay?” she sniffed.

“Certainly,” he responded and pulled me close as we both smiled in amusement at what my mom said. So, apparently our honeymoon destination is of another island. It wasn’t that far, he had told me, but we definitely needed a yacht to go there.

We stopped at the docks, and there the small yacht floated in an inviting way.  Kris led the way down the long line of white yachts fastened in the night-blackened seawater. He hopped in inside and placed the bags down.

I on the other hand, couldn’t feel my legs and follow him.

“Wait,” my voice trembled. “Don’t tell me you’re the one who will navigate the yacht.”

“I am not only a pilot,” he winked.

My mouth gaped open. Well, knowing Kris, he had like a lot of hidden abilities. There’s like only a little for him that he couldn’t do.

“Of course,” I muttered. I took his hand and jumped off the small distance before finally landing inside the deck.

“You sound troubled,” he take note.

“It’s because you’re trouble.”

“Okay, I get it. You’re upset because I didn’t tell you that I can sail a yacht.”

“No... It’s not that. I was upset because it made me feel like I don’t know you that well.”

Much to my chagrin, he laughed. What was so funny that he actually had the energy to laugh the subject off? Or was I being so silly for thinking like this?

“Yul,” he placed his hands on both of my shoulders, sending his own warmth to the bared skin there. I had changed into a white bubble dress. “We have an eternity to know each other well.”

He was right though…

“Nice dress,” he said. “Reminds me of the very first time I saw you.

My forehead wrinkled. I was sure as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter