The Cold

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri stared at the ceiling of her new room. It’s still very early in the morning and since she woke up she couldn’t bring herself back to sleep. Yuri cut off all means communications that her family and friends could use to contact her. She’s positive that her family will find or possibly hire an agent that could find her rather than announcing her being missing in public. “So, I’m free for a while.” She murmured.

She sat up. “It’s a brand new day Yuri Kwon! Start this day happily.” She chirped and danced her way to the bathroom. She took a long relaxing bubble bath. This day, she decided to wear her comfortable white sweater and blue denim pants. She combed her wet hair neatly and put on her favorite scent. She found her way up to the living room and realized no one was there.

*They’re still asleep? Or have they gone somewhere else?* Yuri slowly went for the main door and went down the front step. *It would be a nice experience to feel the morning air here in China.* she thought and smiled to herself. She immediately saw a tall lean figure standing in front the fountain. His back were facing her, but she easily recognized the guy. Quietly, she went closer and when the wind rustling with her, blowing her hair to Kris’s direction, she stopped short. Kris stiffened upon inhaling a sweet girly scent and felt a strong presence behind him and he smiled knowingly and pretended that he didn’t noticed. His smile became wider as he heard soft little steps coming closer.

Yuri didn’t intend to approach Kris this way. *Like I’m going to surprise him.* But surprisingly, she couldn’t find the courage to call him. She just went closer and closer and closer. Kris turned around in purpose and bumped toughly on Yuri’s soft body. “Eommayah!” she yelled in surprise and fright. Kris eyes widened immediately upon realizing what happened. But thanks to his great reflex, he had caught her in the waist before she could fall. His arms perfectly surrounded her small slender waist and pulled her body to his.

Yuri blushed upon the contact and grabbed Kris’s shoulders for support. Her knees were feeling wobbly. They looked at each other’s eyes. Yuri blinked a couple of times. *Oh my. His stare is so deadly.*

“Kris-ssi…” Yuri murmured. Kris let go of her and cleared his throat.

“I’m sorry, mei mei.” He said.

“It’s okay, Kris. But, Yuri. Just call me Yuri,” she requested.

“Yul, er, Yul, Yu—” he stammered inaudibly with his super deep voice. He was having difficulty saying his name. Yuri’s laughed chimed in the air. And Kris thought Yuri had heard the most appealing and pleasant laugh in the whole world.

“Oh my, Kris! You’re so adorable!” she beamed. “You’re giving me a nickname?” she laughed. Kris couldn’t believe how stunningly and effortlessly beautiful and kind this girl is right in front of him.

“Yul…” *You are so perfect.* he wanted to say. “Yeah, it’s a nice name for a pretty girl like you.” He said with intense seriousness. Yuri is very used in receiving compliments from people and they had praised her more than what Kris had called her, but coming from the person she likes, it felt like it was the first time she ever felt that pretty.

“You think I’m pretty?” Yuri asked.

“Well, you are.” Kris said, trying to hide his slight embarrassment. Yuri smiled contentedly and breathed in a big amount of air. The morning air felt so cold because her sweater wasn’t that thick. She shive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter