Seeing Old Friends

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Welcome back, Ms. Yuri.” The maid named Erika bowed down to her and then looked at Kris.

Yuri managed to speak out when she felt that Kris is somehow irked. “Thank you,” she said to her.

Erika turned her attention to Yuri from the wondering look he had given Kris.

“Yuri,” a dominant and firm voice called out. It was Mr. Kwon.

“Appa…” she muttered and watched the authoritative looking man in his mid 50’s. Beside him was Yuri’s mom. Both looking too dignified and serious. Kris turned to look at Yuri and reached for her hand.

“Kris…” she muttered. Her eyes were sad and meaningful.

“It’ll be okay,” he assured her.

Finally, her parents were now infront Yuri and Kris. “Who is that guy with you?” his father asked purely dissatisfied.

“Don’t be too harsh on them…” *That boy must be her boyfriend. Not bad, hmmm.* “Our daughter just got back home,” Mrs. Kwon soothed her husband’s shoulder.

“Hah! Should I be glad? Yuri, answer me! Who is that guy?” he looked at Kris furiously.

Kris bowed down to greet them. “Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. I am your daughter’s boyfriend, Kris Wu.” He smiled a little and looked at them both straightly at the eyes.

Yuri’s father was taken aback. *He seems like a very reliable and fearless young man.*

*Junmyeon will look like a kid with him that tall!* Yuri’s mother thought.

“Yuri…” her mother held out to her.

“Mom…” she called with longing. Kris let go of her hand and she went to hug her mother.

“I’m so sorry, Mom. I’m sorry I made you worry. But you should know, I haven’t had any regrets,”

“Yuri, you don’t have any idea how hard it is for us. You left and now…” she looked at Kris.

Mrs. Kwon approached Kris. “You are from China, right? You’re Chinese?”

“I am Chinese, Madam.” he replied.

“But it seems that you speak Korean very well,” she nodded approvingly.

“I had been to Korea regarding some business matters and I have two Korean housemates in China and that’s how I learnt to speak the language.”

Mr. Kwon cut off. “What do you have as your work—”

“Oh, please, let’s not talk about it now, I can hear that’s Junmyeon coming.” Her mother chirped.

“WHAT?” Yuri hollered.

“You are going to meet your husband, Yuri.” Her father declared.

Kris eyes glowered a little.

“Dad, I don’t… have. a. husband.” she said through clenched teeth.

“Forgive old people like us, Yuri,” her mother giggled shortly. “We get overexcited at times and we overwork with things. What your father meant was that you are going to meet your soon-to-be husband.”

Yuri looked at K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter