Lay’s Day Off

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s my day-off today.” Lay declared casually. Luhan and Xiumin didn’t bother to comment but Yuri looked at him with a delightful expression.

“Really?” she beamed.

“It’s Friday. His permanent day off is always Saturday.” Xiumin said.

“So he works on Sundays?” Yuri asked.

“That’s right mei mei.” Xiumin answered.

“And what does Lay do if he’s on day off?” she asked.

“Ask that unexciting person, Yuri.” Xiumin replied in speedy Korean.

Yuri expected Lay to ignore the snide comment, which of course, he did. Luhan plunged his earphones on his ears and played on some music. He stood up without saying a word carrying a solved Rubik’s on his hand.

“Luhan, where are you going?” Xiumin called out and followed after him. Xiumin put his arms around Luhan’s shoulder and they both disappeared out of sight.

“So, what do we do now?” she slowly mouthed each word.

“Well… we can go outside. You know, like shopping or eating in a fine dining Chinese restaurant. My treat,”

*It wouldn’t be bad right? As if there are flyers of my face posted everywhere saying; ‘Have you seen this girl?’ or something.* Yuri thought.

“Come on, Yuri. You don’t have to worry, I got you covered.” Lay convinced.

“You always have, Lay.” She said meaningfully. Lay just smiled at her in agreement.

“So, you’re coming with me?” he asked.

“Where to, anyway?”

“Anywhere,” he nodded his head as he spoke.

“Could you please tell me where so that I can choose the proper attire to wear?”

“Any clothes will do.” He said.

“Just give me a minute. I’ll go change,” she said.

“Nah, I’ll give you twenty,” Lay said jokingly.

“Whatever you say, Doctor.” She saluted before leaving him.

***

Lay went to the side of the building and punched out numbers in the automatic steel doors. Yuri looked at him curiously.

“What is this?”

“The garage,” he replied coolly. At that moment, the door had already swung open.

Yuri’s eyes and mouth widened in shock. She wasn’t shock about the cars, just the thought that Exo-M owns the very famous ones and that this is the first time that she’d seen their cars. There were three slots unoccupied. Meaning, those three free slots were where Chen, Tao and Kris’s cars had been.

“I never thought that you guys had this gar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter