Meeting The Parents

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jitters, yeah I have the jitters,” Yuri muttered to Lay.

“Relax, Yuri, everything’s been doing great,” Lay encouraged and patted Yuri’s back. She just nodded a bit unwillingly, not sure if she can relax herself. Lay couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle.

“What’s funny?” Yuri asked, curious.

“I just find you cute being jumpy and all,” said Lay. “And I know duizhang does, too.”

“He’s never seen me in that state,” she snapped back at him, breathlessly. He only smiled amusedly at her.

“When will his parents arrive?” Yuri asked.

“It’ll be around, thirty minutes or so…” Xiumin said.

Yuri grumbled a low ‘okay’ and sighed. Luhan waved at her and encouraged her to smile.

“Thanks, Luhan,” she mouthed. Yuri turned to Lay and grabbed him in the arm and pulled him towards the dining room.

“I hope they’ll like this breakfast we cooked for them,” she muttered. Lay looked at the table and the dishes as if he was examining them.

“Everything’s good… but Yuri, I understand you.”

She heaved a sigh. “Will they like me, though?”

“Give me one good reason why they cannot.” Lay challenged.

She couldn’t find, for the life of her, find a possible answer to that question. Right.

“You’re just being paranoid and nervous…”

She looked at his eyes. “I guess so…” she muttered weakly under her breath.

Then there was a fated silence, and a car honk.

Heartbeat’s stopping then rising up a notch, she was suddenly trembling. She knew it.

Lay spoke. “They’re here.”

She almost nodded absentmindedly. “Yeah,”

“Let’s meet them….” He held her by the elbow, just like the first time he did when she first came in the house. “Gee, Yuri, you’re shaking!” he chuckled. “Don’t worry, it’ll be fun.”

Fun. So, Lay does know that word.

“Remember, you are wearing the lucky charm I brought you.” He eye smiled. “Nothing’s going to end up terrible.”

“Lay…” she glared at him.  “This is not a lucky charm.”

“It is. Starting now,” he said firmly as she pushed her forward.

As soon as she and Lay went to the living room, Luhan opened the door and there they were: Kris, whom she first laid eyes on as he was the attraction of her being, Tao, and his parents, his mother had shoulder length hair and her body was petite yet very imposing.

Kris’s father had a smile on his face as he set her eyes on Yuri. Luhan, Chen and Xiumin greeted the newcomers and the Wu’s smiled at him in gratitude. Chen and Xiumin went to meet them and offered help with their suitcases. Luhan did, too and they all went upstairs to place them on one of the vacant rooms.

“My, my!” Mrs. Wu exclaimed merrily as she danced her way to Yuri. Yuri swallowed the lump on as she smiled, Lay moving far away from her. “So, you are my son’s girlfriend,” she said in Mandarin. She patted her cheeks and pulled her for a warm hug. Yuri was taken aback at first, her eyes widening and her heart beating faster.

“I’m so happy to finally meet you, Yuri dear,” she smiled sincerely that made the corner of Yuri’s eyes b with tears. There’s something about her motherly affecti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter