Midnight Swimming

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are you taking me?” I asked. I had a feeling that we were not going to somewhere we should be. I felt Kris smiled beside me.

“You’ll know later,” he said.

“They’re on the seashore,” I muttered curtly. “Where are you planning to take me, Wu Yi Fan?”

“Shh,” he hushed and chuckled. We entered beside an empty room, which I guess is the linen room. It felt creepy there. I watched as he swiftly tiptoed and reach for the highest cupboard and took out a robe and then his tall stature leaned down to take two unused towels. Thankfully we went out the room in less than a minute. I decided not to annoy him by going silent. We stopped at a wide sliding door, in fronting a large swimming pool. There were flowered bushes surrounding the pool, two recliners, a table and two chairs, and thick towering granite walls enclosing the place.

“Inform me where are we exactly,” I said, smiling slightly. I looked up to his handsome face, only to be taken aback by the extreme solemnity I saw on his face. A faint smile touched his lips, and he leaned down to kiss me. Or so I thought. A swoosh of air resounded when he heaved and walked away from me with three gigantic steps.

“We are on one of the pools here inside the hotel,” he said, yanking the door to the side. Kris walked closer to the pool and placed the towels on top of the recliners. He snatched his phone out his pocket and placed it on top of the table. The lights around the place were pretty and bright, yet the stars above us were much prettier.

I s my arms around him. “We’re having a private night swimming, am I right?” I teased.

He fought back a smile. “For only a while,” he answered.

“You’re sneaky,” I narrowed my eyes. “You only wanted to keep me for yourself.” I accused.

Kris cupped my face and touched the tip of his nose to mine. “Something like that, I suppose. However, this idea only entered my mind as you were drinking milk.”

Kris helped me remove the thin blazer I was wearing before taking his shirt off. I gulped to myself when his chiselled chest came in parallel to my eyesight. He smiled haughtily before examining my whole outfit. I was wearing a knee-length yellow dress. His mouth twisted in disapproval.

Without a word, I pushed him to the pool and he waggled his body for balance but, as expected, he failed. It threatened me to see that the water reached up to his chin, then went up to his nose. He didn’t scream, instead, his face was rather composed and serious. The depth of the pool is no joke. I was never a great swimmer.  

 I sat down on the border of the pool, making the lower half of my dress drenched with chlorinated water.

“You have to make this up to me.” I grumbled.

“Why?” he asked, lunging forward. His hands rested on my lap, his chin resting above them. “You don’t like to swim with me?”

I pouted. “This pool is six feet deep.”

He bursted out laughing until the corner of his eyes starting to water; I pouted more unattractively. Kris started to grip on my wrist and thigh, forcing me to plummet down the water. I allowed him, since I know he would never let anything bad happen to me. But it seems like Kris was in the mood to fool around. As soon as I was completely on the water he let go of my waist.

My eyes widened and my feet squirmed, I couldn’t find the floor. I reach out and grabbed him, pressing my body tight against his. He only chuckled much to my chagrin. Kris welcomed me in his embrace. “Don’t you ever dare do that again,” I snarled, throwing deadly glares at him.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled. “I wanted you to stick on to me,” he added.

“Are you actually stepping on the base of this pool?” I querie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter