Wedding

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mom on the side looked at me strangely, like I was someone she’d never seen before and thus, she totally adores. I felt self conscious all of a sudden when Kris’s dad stooped and stared at me. I gaze at my face in the mirror. I saw my face, a light make up and tiny glitters under and on my eyelids for emphasis of my light toned eye shadow gave me a glowing aura.

 The wedding gown Taeyeon made was laid nicely on the bed. I saw then, my dad coming out of the room until only Taeyeon, Tiffany and the hairdresser were left with me inside.  

“So, Taeyeon… staring at Yuri, you don’t feel any jealousy or regret? Like I want to get married too, I wish I could be as beautiful as her—”

Taeyeon smacked her by the elbows. “Show me a little bit of kindness at least, or I’ll rip your dress!”

I laughed and Huang Fei, the hairstylist, laughed with me. She is a professional stylist and worked in Korea with Taeyeon. Apparently, Taeyeon hired her but she stayed with her family when she came to her hometown and promised to catch up before the wedding. Which thankfully, she did.

“There,” Fei said with satisfaction. “A little color here,” she applied a pink lipstick on my lips, “that’s all you need and you are officially perfect.” With a self-congratulatory smile, she turned to the girls. “So, what do you have to say?”

“Brilliant.” Taeyeon said. 

“It seems like it came right through your nose,” Fei commented which made Tiffany show her glorious eye smile.

“I told you, she’s just jealous,” Tiffany squeaked and helped me up. Taeyeon smacked her and picked up the dress. She made me wear it, guiding me on how to put it on perfectly.

Fei jumped. “Hurry up! I still need to do her hair!”

“Alright, alright,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes boringly as her sweet tiny feline hand pulled the zipper up.

The gown hugged my frame perfectly, and the long cloth flowed to the floor like a sea of soft silk. I turned around to have a better look of myself.

“Wow,” I heard them say.

True enough, it was so beautiful that I even wanted to praise myself.

Fei started to do my hair while Tiffany sprayed me with the perfume Chanyeol gave me, which was her selection, anyway. Twenty minutes and my hair was done. Fei did a semi-messy bun, and little Rodarte baby braids at the side. I gave her the hairpin Suho gave me and she slid them under the edge of the braids.

“Fany,” Taeyeon clapped her hands. “The bouquet,” she said.

Tiffany approached with the frothy white bouquet. The scent of roses and freesia shrouded the room in a soft mist.

“You’re ready,” Tiffany said.

She was wrong. As soon as she said that, I began hyperventilating. Only Taeyeon, who was keen enough to notice, smiled at me encouragingly.

“Relax, Yuri,” she patted my back and looked up at me, her hand fixing the short veil flowing under the soft bun on my head. “You look nervous but you’re okay.” Taeyeon chuckled. “Kris is waiting for you.”

When she said that, she meant the dome like church ten minutes away from the hotel. With a deep breath, I walked to the door, them tugging behind me, making sure nothing goes wrong. We walked quietly to the lobby. No one was there, except for the receptionist who gave me a small smile of congratulations and at the mouth of the entrance, a white car and a chauffeur waited.

This is it, I told myself as the soft sea breeze greeted me as soon as we stepped outside. It was the same driver from yesterday.

“Good morning,” he greeted.

“Good morning.” I greeted back. It sounded uneasy. Fei frantically helped me with the dress. Inside the car, Taeyeon watched me. “We’ll come out first while you have to stay five minutes behind.”

I nodded, unable to say anything.

I just hope that in those five minutes, I will feel better… a little calm, at least.

--

I took a deep br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter