Talk, Talk, Talk

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

KRIS

I know that I shouldn’t be disturbed by the thought. Suho looked like he could kill me with his eyes even though he gave me a smile before I left. Yuri is mine and he has nothing he can do about it. I will fix this situation and I will prove myself worthy to be her husband.

The couple led Kris to a high-roofed room and a maid gave them tea.

“Thank you,” he said.

“Kris Wu, you should know that I don’t have any objection about your relationship with my daughter. You seemed likeable and reliable. I don’t have any negative feelings regarding your personality,” Mrs. Kwon spoke sincerely.

But he was anxious to hear what Yuri’s father would say.

Mr. Kwon cleared the lump on his throat. “I feel that way, too.”

“I beg your pardon?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

Mr. Kwon nodded his head approvingly. “You should know that I didn’t plan for this to happen. I didn’t plan for this arranged marriage.  I wouldn’t hurt my daughter like that.”

“But why? H-how?” Kris asked.

“Junmyeon is Yuri’s childhood friend. He had liked her from the start. He was the one who wanted this to happen.”

“But why did you agreed to that? I mean… that’s insane! Mr. Kwon, you could have refused! You couldn’t just let a total stranger to Yuri marry her!”

“Actually, we want to. We really do. Because I know my obedient daughter does her choice of marrying the man she loves but…”

Ms. Kwon spoke as she finished her tea. “Junmyeon loves our daughter very much. I know that and I know that he will take care of her. We trust him and our family has been friends since we could remember.”

*That’s your stupid reason? You agreed to that even if Yuri hasn’t seen him? How repulsive.*

“I love her. More than he loves her.” Kris answered earnestly.

“I can feel that,”

“You are a very desirable young man, Mr. Wu. But, I have a few questions for you and I hope that you will be honest with us. Is it okay if I will ask you? Because if not, the door is open for you to leave my house.”

Kris had calmed his sense and spoke. “I will stay, Mr. Kwon. You can ask me as many questions as you like.”

“Very fine…” he seemed to e loss for words. “Okay, so, where are your parents?”

“They’re in Canada, Mr. Kwon.”

“You seem to be living without them.” Mrs. Kwon commented. “Did you ran away or something?”

“No, it’s not that, Mrs. Kwo—”

“Oh, you don’t have to call me Mrs. Kwon anymore, K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter