Surprise

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It is not a secret,” Mrs. Wu retorted. “Rather, Yuri, we want to tell you something.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“We had visited your parents before we came here,” she said slowly. A gasp came out of my mouth, earning a knowing stare from Kris. 

“And Yul, the reason why I didn’t bring you with me at the airport and brought Tao with me instead… well, it’s not that I wanted to bring him, but he was fussing me about wanting to meet your parents—”

“My parents are here?” I jumped off to the sofa and inched closer to him. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“It’s all because we wanted to surprise you.”

“And we missed our dear daughter very much.”

I froze and I bit my tongue.

“Mom, Dad!”

There they were, flashing smiles at me. I lunged forward and hugged my Mom who was nearer. I felt her loving pat on my back.

“Congratulations, honey. I’m so happy you made the right decision.”

I haul away from her and held her shoulders. “I missed you so much! And to think you surprised me and came all the way from Korea! I am just so… elated!”

My dad pulled me in for a hug. “You almost rejected the boy’s proposal,” his voice was amused. “And we were dead upset about that. Good thing, Kris has lots of good friends. Where are they anyway?”

“Some are at work,” I answered. “But Dad, aren’t you missing out on your work?”

“Nah, don’t worry. I’ve taken care about it. Besides, I wanted to see my precious daughter and be able to attend her engagement party.”

Kris’s parents and mine greeted each other and Kris made his way to me. I gave him a glare, he chuckled and I jokingly punched his arm, but doing so only resulted of me hurting my knuckles.

“Aigoo,” he took my hand left small kisses on my knuckles.

“You knew about this didn’t you?”

He nodded.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“It would be the wrong move to do. Besides, this was a surprise. My mother and I planned it. The rest just tagged along.”

“What are you planning now?” I flicked his chin with my finger.

“An engagement party. And it wouldn’t be private.”

Kris, as I know him, is a man full of surprises. He as I’ve known, is someone unpredictable. He is mine. I was fortunate enough to find him and made him fall head-over-heels with me.

“Who’s up for Korean-Chinese dishes?” Mrs. Wu enthralled.

“I think I need to tell my mother she doesn’t have the ingredients to do that.” Kris whispered.

“Right,” I nodded.

--

My mouth fell open with a little popping sound. I snapped it shut at once, grinding my teeth together. The supermarket was huge and cool. Xiumin was the one pulling the trolley for us, while Kris looked around and picked the ingredients. Xiumin took some food too.

“Will your mom need radishes?” I asked him.

He stared at me for a second, probably pondering. “I think, no. She’ll need cabbage.”

“How about tofus?” Xiumin turned to us.

“We can take that later,” Kris answered.

I heard Kris sniggered after a while. I throw a questioning glance at him and then turned my attention to the different kind of oyster sauces laid before my eyes.

“Some guys are looking at you,” he whimpered.

I chuckled. It’s been a long time since I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter