The Hand-me-down

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A sound of a phone ringing brought me awake. I groaned and inched a little bit closer to the night table where I always put my phone. It could be my mom calling, probably checking up on me.

My hand trailed up to—

“Hey, watch where you’re touching, ert,” his deep voice almost startled me. I groaned in frustration. I clenched my fist into a ball when I realized that I was ‘harassing’ his abdomen. Oops. That was close.

“My phone, please. Hand it over,” I grumbled as I tried to adjust my eyes.

“Suho,” he said. I stopped half-aback and laid flat on my back. So, Suho’s calling.

“Yes, she’s here,” Kris said abruptly and his fingers grazed on my shoulders. “Yeah, thank you.”

Kris handed me my phone. “Junmyeon!” my voice was loud with excitement.

“Hey, Black Pearl,” he chuckled. His sweet laugh rang in my ears and I was unable to stop a smile.

“Guardian Junmyeon, hey,” I replied with the same enthusiasm he had. “How are you?”

“I’m fine. And I won’t ask you about how you’re doing because I know you’re way beyond fine. Congratulations, Yuri. I wish you and Kris the best.”

“Thank you, Suho.”

I could actually picture him nodding his head in agreement. “So, where do you plan the wedding to take place?”

I actually don’t know the answer to that question. “I’m not sure,” I watched Kris as he watched me with intense seriousness. “We haven’t talked about that. Besides, it’s too early to say anything.”

“Fine. Just make sure me and my brothers are invited on your wedding, okay?”

“Of course,”

“Say, who will be the best man?” he asked.

I laughed. “Junmyeon!”

Kris raised his eyebrow in curiosity. I bet he’s dying to know…

“Junmyeon’s asking if he had the chance to be your best man,” I told Kris, not even c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter