Chen's Day

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Six figures were acing there back to me as they were obviously watching the scenery outside. It was raining.

“What are you guys doing, watching the rain?” I asked from behind them.

Sehun turned to me first. “Oh, Yuri noona,”

“What’s the problem? You guys looked gloomy today. Where’s the birthday boy?”

“Meeting up with the delivery man,” Baekhyun chimed, faking a laugh.

“It’s supposed to be a barbecue party,” Luhan pouted. “But see, the weather is disagreeing with us.”

“We can still grill inside. We can do it at the back of the house.” Lay muttered.

“What do you say, Kris? Should we use the back house for the party?” Xiumin asked.

“Yeah, sure,” Kris said.

“That’s great. Sehun then, follow me,” Luhan said. Sehun followed Luhan like a lost puppy. “C’mon, hurry up,” Luhan nagged.

There was a jukebox and some ordered food on the table.

“Chen could be a good singer sometimes,” Xiumin said as he walked past by me.

“That’s why we wanted to have a jukebox,” Lay added as he walked past me, too. He was carrying a small box. I coiled my arms around Kris, as the cold air swashed by me. It’s already the ‘Ber months’, meaning the weather could get a little bit chilly than necessary.

“What do you say? Should we add hot drinks for our menu?” I asked Kris, beaming an eye-smile at him. It took me by surprise when he kissed me on the lips for a moment before smiling and poking my nose with his fingertip. I blushed. Surely, D.O., Chanyeol and Kai have seen it.

“Yah! Why’d you do that for?” I glared at him, but nevertheless I wasn’t angry. I was just so taken aback by the kiss.

“Sorry, you looked really charming,” he pointed out. Then he clapped his hands together, calling the members. “I want everything set in fifteen minutes. We all know that Chen Chen would show up in ten minutes or so. I only hope that he’s not fooling around this time.”

Soon after Lay, D.O., Suho and Tao started to grill the meats. Baekhyun and Chanyeol handled the setting of the sound system. I spotted Kai doing something with the decorations.

“Kai, those are lovely,” I beamed.

He handed me out his paper roses. “I want to give this to Jongdae. It’s my payback gift,” he chuckled.

“Payback gift? What do you mean?”

 “You don’t have to know about it,” he said, sheepishly. “But for the record, I don’t hold grudges,” he muttered.

On the same table, I saw Baekhyun’s beautiful long fingers as it placed a cup of tea on a saucer and pushed it to me ever so smoothly so not to spill the hot steaming liquid.

“Lemon tea to start a rainy day,” he said.

“Thanks, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun pushed the chair backward and pushed me down to sit as he sat down beside a vacant chair. He looked at the rain on the wall to floor transparent glass.

“It’s so beautiful here,” he mumbled and I only nodded quietly in response. I took a sip of the tea and looked at the raindrops outside the glass.

I don’t know what I expected, but it definitely wasn’t this. I didn’t really help decorate the interior for the party and I felt a little sorry, but the boys reassured me that it was completely fine.

“It’s not your job to decorate a party for him,” Tao contemplated. “It’s our job. Besides, this is just a small get together and there’s nothing more to do.”

Chen showed up in his boxers. Luhan laughed out loud while Xiumin decided to throw a roll of tissue on him.

“It’s your birthday and you decided to show up like that?” Xiumin hollered in both amusement and amazement.

“What? There’s nothing wrong with what he’s wearing,” Suho grinned. “We’re at home.”

“I took a bath, you know.”  Chen pouted and went to the grilling bar. “What’s cooking?” he asked.

I stood up the moment all of them surrounded Chen and gave him a hug. Seriously, this doesn’t seem like a birthday party to me. “Happy birthday, Jongdae,” we all greeted him.

“Thanks,” Chen shyly thanked us, a small squeaky chuckle coming out of his mouth. We both looked at each other’s eyes at the same time. I know it was my time to greet him so I ducked my head and mouthed the words. “Happy birthday, Jongdae,” I said.

“Thank you,” he took my hand and twirled me around. I laughed. What is he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter