China

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri stared at the clouds on the outside window of the aircraft. She smiled. She felt scared and nervous about what she’s doing. She hasn’t tried travelling by herself, and to think that she’ll be going to a foreign country, it just made her wearier than before. *I need to do this. I have to run away.* she cheered herself. “I can do this,” she uttered under her breath. “I’m fearless…” she convinced herself but nonetheless, she didn’t feel better.

2 hours later. The plane had landed on Beijing International Airport. Passengers of the aircraft from Incheon, South Korea came out swiftly one by one, including Yuri.

Yuri was aware of the admiring stare some guys gave her. But she didn’t care, for she had so much to think of. Yuri immediately went to the customer service and got herself a phone she could use here in China. She had learned sufficient amount of Chinese and that made a relief to know that she can survive here.

Yuri wandered off around the huge airport. *Where the hell could I ask for help here?* As if on cue, a guy approached Yuri. He didn’t look Chinese to her but she knew she just couldn’t evaluate a person by the way he/she looks.

“Need any help, madam?” he asked in English.

*Can I trust this guy?* Yuri thought and looked at the guy blankly.

“You need help?” the guy said again, this time in Korean.

“Ahh…” Yuri mouthed, unable to say anything. The guy was now smiling playfully. “No, I don’t.” Yuri finally replied in Mandarin.

“You’re Chinese?” the guy asked in surprise.

“I’m Korean but I know Mandarin.” She replied politely.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The guy apologized. He looked sincere and kind. “My name’s Zhang Yixing, but my friends call me ‘Lay’. Pleased to meet you.” He said. “We can talk in Korean if you’re not comfortable in Chinese, it’s fine with me.”

“Okay, then. Nice meeting you Yixing.” Yuri said. “You offered me help, why is that?”

“Ma’am, if you haven’t noticed, but I work here. You look kind of lost, really. So, I came to offered you help,”

“Oh,” Yuri’s mouth rounded to a full ‘O’. “Sorry, I haven’t noticed. I was so disoriented a while ago…” *And still am.*

“It’s okay.” Yixing assured.

“I need an apartment to stay. Not a hotel. By any chance, do you know a good one?” her face looked expectant and urgent.

“Well, apartment, yes,” Lay replied almost in amazement that she wasn’t needing a hotel. Nonetheless, he gave her the direction on how to get there. He also told her that he has a lot of friend staying there too, including himself. He explained the interior of the place and other necessities for her to be able to get there. Yuri thanked him.

“Thank you for your help, Lay.” Yuri said with a stunning smile. And Lay thought he had met the most beautiful girl today. But, amazingly, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter