Happy

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suho and Kris talked for a while before he left the Kwon’s residence.  Yuri’s parents ordered the maids to cook special dishes for tonight.

Yuri found Kris standing while watching a solo portrait of hers in the living room.

“Yah, don’t stare at it like that. It’ll melt,” she pinched his beautifully shaped jaw. Kris pulled away and chuckled a little.

“I’m glad you’re still here,” she smiled.

“Things went out fine,” he said and told her about the conversation he had with her parents.

Her eyes widen in surprised. “Really? They said that?” she tucked her hair in place. “What happened? How did you do that?”

Kris grinned. “Your boyfriend has charms, you know.”

Yuri was more than relieve. She was happy.

“What are we going to do next?”

*I will not tell her yet…* Kris thought. “We’ll have dinner with your parents and we’ll get back to the hotel so we could get our stuffs.”

He held her wrist and kissed it. The action seemed strange and it made Yuri smile. “Okay duizhang, you certainly have charms as you say.”

***

They had dinner with them and they talked a lot of things. Yuri was glad that her parents like Kris a lot. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon toured Kris around the house. Kris was laughing with them, too. Their driver was tasked to get their things at the hotel for convenience and all.

Everything came out the way they least expected it to and it was nice…

They were even allowed to share one room. Kris promised to come to Canada with Yuri and introduce her to his parents. Very eccentric and comforting.

Meanwhile, Yuri was in her parent’s bedroom.

“Mom, what do you really think of Kris?”

“Oh, I think that he’s a really nice young man and very handsome, too. He seems like a gentleman, too and very mature, responsible and—”

Yuri laughed loudly. “Eomma! You’re exaggerating! I might think you’re mocking him!”

“Oh, please, you know I’m not,” her mother hushed.

“Okay, I know. I just want to make sure,” she smiled. “But, eomma, do you think he will want to marry me? Because… I really like him...”

Yuri’s mother ruffled her hair. *It’s not yet time for her to know. But a little spoiler will not harm.* “I know he will.”

“How can you be so sure?”

*Everything has been set. God bless Kris.* “I’m sure of that. He just thinks that you are still too young to marry at your age. But I know that he will because he’s going to come to Canada and introduce you to his parents,”

“I’m nervous. What if they won’t like me?”

“Silly. My daughter, you don’t know that you are a very desirable young woman. Any educated parent will be happy to know that you will be m—, I mean, their son’s girlfriend.”

“One last question: eomma, how do I look?”

“You look very beautiful and gentle. I’m blessed to have you as my daughter.”

Yuri put her head on her mom’s shoulder. “I’m sorry I thought wrong at the two of you, eomma.”

“No. We were wrong, too. We accepted Junmyeon’s proposal even if we know we still have a lot of things to consider and that is, your decision.”

*But I’m happy that happened. If it didn’t, I will not be able to meet Kris.* “I love you, eomma.”

“Yuri…” her mother mumbled but then she kissed Yuri’s hair. “My child, I love you more than my life. Please always bear that on your mind, okay? But I have to admit that one person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter