A Promise

Loose Ends

Yonghwa stared the school in front of him, wanting to go in but hesitating to take a step. This is the school that he would've went to when he graduated, had he graduated. Seohyun went to the school, with Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin. Without him. Sighing, Yonghwa took a step back. Turning around, Yonghwa headed in the opposite direction of the school, not wanting to look at the future he never had. 

Yonghwa looked at the sky. Clear blue based cotton candy clouds floating through the sky. It reminded him of Busan when he was little. 

Maybe I'll go visit my parents.

Yongwa passed through the crowded subway, and saw those skies quickly once again. Walking down the street, he looked around. He smiled. Nothing's really changed since the last time I came here.

Soon he arrived at his house. It was the same as always, small but surely his home. Expecting someone to be home, he turned the knob to the door. But it was locked. Sighing, he looked arodun the front step to the house. 

It should be around here somewhere . . . 

Crouching down, he lifted the mat, making sure no one was around to see the floating mat. Surely, the key was under there. Making sure no one was watching, he picked up the key, opened the door, put the key back, and walked in the house. 

It was same as 3 years ago. 

The same furniture, the same organizing of things. the same home that Yonghwa knew so well. He walked into the kitchen, expecting to see his mom cooking. 

No one was there. 

He was about to call out for his mom, but then he remembered that even if he did, she wouldn't hear him. Instead he walked up the stairs. The house was empty. The lights were off, and the doors were all closed. 

Yonghwa went to his own room, only to find that nothing had been touched since he died. He sat on his bed as a nostalgic feeling passed over him. As he layed down on the bed he caught sight of a disc on his laptop. Even his laptop hadn't been touched. As he picked it up a piece of paper fell. 

"Hyun~ This song is for you. I really love you. Will you love me back?" 

Yonghwa remembered this. It was the CD that he was going to give Hyun for Valentines Day. When he would confess to her about how much he loved her. How much he loved her ever since they were kids, and all the way until high school. He put the disc into the laptop and he listened to the soft guitar as it smoothly glided over the notes. 

"Hopefully we can speak banmal to each other. You walk towards me slowly, step by step. Now look at my two eyes and tell me, 'I love you'~"

Yonghwa looked out the window. Hyun . . . If I were alive now . . . Would you speak banmal to me? Would you love me as much as I love you? 

Suddenly Yonghwa heard the front door to the house open. 

He quickly threw it out the window so that he could retrieve it later. 

As Yonghwa sneaked out of his room, he saw a figure he hadn't seen in a long time. His older brother, Jonghwa came out of his room. 

Why is Jonghwa home? 

Jonghwa looked over at the opened door. For a moment, Yonghwa thought that Jonghwa could see him. Jonghwa walked straight past and through Yonghwa to the opened door and closed it, then head down the hall. Jonghwa looked older and more weary than Yonghwa last remembered. But that was 5 years ago. Before he went to college. It hit Yonghwa. Jonghwa had already graduated from college. Yonghwa just wasn't there to see it. 

"Omma, you're home?" Jonghwa asked. 

"Yes, but only for a few minutes to cook you dinner. I have to leave soon again," Yonghwa's mom replied. 

"Why?"

"I took on another part time job."

"What? Omma, another one? You just took on another yesterday!"

"Yes." 

"Why?"

"We need the money. The hospital is charging more to keep Yonghwa alive."

"But Omma, at this rate-"

"Just let me handle it, Jonghwa. Alright?" 

" . . . . .Ok." 

Jonghwa walked away, passing Yonghwa, when suddenly there was a thump noise. Jonghwa turned around. 

"Omma?"

Their mother was on the floor, collapsed. 

"Omma!"

Jonghwa rushed over to their mother, crouching down next to her to see if she was alright. 

" . . . Jonghwa . . . I'm alright," she gasped. 

"No, you're not! You're overworking yourself" he shouted. Quickly he dialed for an ambulance while Yonghwa couldn't do anything but watch. As the medical men came and took their mother away, along with Jonghwa, all Yonghwa could do was watch. Then the house was empty. 

Quickly he ran out of the house, tears starting to flow. What was he living for if all it did was hurt the people he loved most? 

It's already been 3 years . . . haven't I defied death long enough? 

His mother had already collapsed from trying to earn enough money to keep Yonghwa alive. 

His father is probably doing the same. 

Yonghwa stopped. 

What about Seohyun? 

He remembered the CD he made for Seohyun; the love he had for her. 

He remembered the guitar pick Seohyun had given to him for his 3rd death anniversary; the love she had for him. 

That's right . . . Seohyun . . . I can't die when Seohyun still loves me so much. Seohyun . . . she's the one thing that I don't want to lose- that I can't lose- more than anything else.

That day Yonghwa made a promise to himself. As long as Seohyun loved him, he would continue to live. 

 

A/N: HELLO gosh i keep forgetting to add the a/n at the bottom of this fic because if you don't read my other fics i always put it at the top XD anyway - i guess seokyu will be coming sooner than I thought :D i went over the plot in my head and changed the order of some things XD SEOKYU/KYUHYUN NEXT CHAPTER :DDD and then yongseo after that for you yongseo shippers XD thnx for reading and COMMENTS PLEASE :D