Flashback

Loose Ends

Yonghwa walked into the park. A running kid charged towards him and Yonghwa was just about to yell for him to watch out, but then he remembered that it didn't matter anymore. The kid ran right through him. The place gave him a feeling of nostalgia. After all, it was the place where Yonghwa first met Seohyun. Walking over to the bench where Seohyun and Yonghwa would often come after school during middle school, he stared at the playground. When they were little the playground seemed so big but now Yonghwa could reach the top of the fireman's pole without even trying. 

Watching the little kids run back and forth reminded him of him and Seohyun when they were little. They would play with the rest of the gang; Minhyuk, Jonghyun, and Jungshin. Minhyuk would always be clumsy and fall while Jonghyun insisted that they not do anything stupid. Jungshin would get scared when Yonghwa chased him and hide behind his mom. 

Yonghwa chuckled. Those were the good times. Now Minhyuk, Jonghyun, Jungshin and Seohyun all went to the same college, without him. Yonghwa wondered if their band was still going on. They all had high expectations with the band. They had sent their demo to some entertainment companies, before Yonghwa died, that was. Yonghwa wondered if his room still had all his guitars and piano and music composition things. They probably wouldn't have. He decided that he would go visit them some time later. Looking at the playground again, he decided to go take a walk. 

"Hyun! Hurry up!" Yonghwa yelled. 

"Oppa! Slow down a bit! I can't run that fast!" Seohyun yelled back, panting. 

"No, Hyun! If we go slower we'll miss it!" Yonghwa shouted, still running. 

"I don't understand what we're going to see in the first place!" Seohyun stopped running to catch her breath. 

Yonghwa stopped after hearing Seohyun's footsteps stop, Yonghwa turned around. 

"Aish. You need to be more fit," he teased, running up to Seohyun. 

"Yah! Says you!" she hit Yonghwa's shoulder. Yonghwa looked up at the sky

"C'mon! Hurry up!" 

Yonghwa grabbed Seohyun's hand and pulled her forward. Making her run. Together, hand in hand, they ran. 

Finally they reached where Yonghwa had wanted to go the whole time. 

"Oppa!" Seohyun said between breaths, "I can't   . . . run any . . more."

"You don't need to," Yonghwa replied, still holding her hand. "Look, Hyun." 

Seohyun looked up. In front of her she saw the last minutes of the day; the sunset. Purples, reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks all merged with the green and blue from the lake in front of her. 

" . . . It's so pretty," Seohyun admired. She didn't shake her hand away from Yonghwa's. 

"Isn't it? I wanted to show you this. That's why I dragged you here," Yonghwa explained. 

"Can we stay here for a while?" Seohyun asked. Yonghwa nodded his head. They sat down on the lake bank and watched the sun go down. 

When the last parts of the sun disappeared and Yonghwa and Seohyun could hear the others calling for themYonghwa held Seohyun's hand tighter. 

"I'll stay with you as long as the sun keeps setting, Hyun," he told her. 

There was a moment of silence between the two of them. 

Suddenly Seohyun pecked Yonghwa on the cheek. 

"Thank you, Oppa," she whispered.

Yonghwa stared at the lake in front. The same sun was setting. Purples, reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks shadowed on the greens and blues. A tear slid down Yonghwa's cheek. 

"Hyun, the sun is still setting." 

 

A/N: HELLO sorry for not udpating for a while - i got writer's block and then started a new fic XD anyway, CHECK OUT MY NEW FIC :DDDD IT'S CALLED ENDEARING EYES :DDDDDDD COMMENT PLEEEAAAAASE :D i don't promise for kyuhyun next chapter ;n; in fact it's going to be yonghwa and yongseo for a while ;n; seokyu shippers i'm very very very sorry ;n; I PROMISE A HUGE KYUHYUN SECTION LATER ON thank you for being patient :D COMMENTS PLEASE <3