It's Still . .

Loose Ends

"This . . . is the art room. If you ever want to use this room, you'll need to ask either the art teacher or the supervisor of the art club," Seohyun explained, pointing to the room full of concentrating painters. 

Kyuhyun nodded and Seohyun continued their tour. 

"This really is just a tour isn't it," Kyuhyun remarked. Seohyun didn't stop walking. 

"What did you expect it to be, Kyuhyun-ssi?" Seohyun coldly asked. At least I'm giving you a tour, she thought. 

"I . . .I don't know, maybe you actually talk to me about some other stuff," Kyuhyun replied, looking elsewhere when Seohyun turned to look at him. 

"This is the mathematics lecture hall. If you ever want to attend a mass math lecture, this is where you go to check schedules and actually attend," she informed, finally stopping. "Like what?" she then asked. 

"Like . . . I don't know, why you're so cold to everyone; why they call you the 'Ice Princess'" Kyuhyun responded. "Wow, this is a big lecture hall," continuing with the tour. 

"It is the biggest lecture hall on campus and in all of Seoul universities," Seohyun commented. "I thought I told you not to call me that." 

"Hey, I never called you it. I just asked you why you are called it," Kyuhyun defended. 

"Well don't mention it." 

"If you don't want to be called it so badly then why don't you start warming up to people?" Kyuhyun accused. 

Seohyun stopped. "You of all people wouldn't understand the most," she murmured. 

"What?" Kyuhyun asked, leaning in closer to hear. 

"Nothing. This is the foreign language department. If you ever want to take a foreign language class in this university, go to that room down the hall and apply." 

Kyuhyun dropped the whole conversation about Seohyun. Instead, he had a question about the tour. "Can you take me to the music department?" he requested. 

Seohyun stopped walking. The music department. That's where Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Jonghyun went everyday. 

"Joohyun?" Kyuhyun called out, snapping Seohyun out of her train of thought.

" . . . Sure," she hesitantly responded. 

Silently, they walked to the seperate building where the music students practiced everyday. Upon entering the building, Seohyun stopped. 

"So . . . what are you interested in?" she asked, a little impatient. 

"Well . . . I like to sing," he shyly remarked. 

Seohyun nodded professionally, but on the inside she was torn. Why did he have to like singing? The only way to get to the singing department was to go through the practice rooms, where all the bands were in this time of day. 

Slowly, they walked down the halls, but suddenly, Seohyun stopped once again. Through one of the practice room windows she saw Minhyuk, pounding on the drums. To his side were Jungshin and Jonghyun. But they didn't have a vocalist. Then Minhyuk saw Seohyun. Silencing his drumset, he stopped Jungshin and Jonghyun, and then rushed to the door. Seohyun smiled and Minhyuk opened it. 

"Seohyun!" he exclaimed, "Long time no see!" 

He gave her a hug. Kyuhyun was surprised at their closeness. 

"Hey, Seohyun. We haven't seen each other since . . . that day, huh?" Jonghyun smiled sadly, pulling Seohyun in for a hug. 

Jungshin waved, and she waved back. 

"Yeah guys. It's been so long. Seeing you all together again is so nostalgic. Especially with your instruments," she said. Then she glanced at the empty mic. "I guess you still haven't found a vocalist . ." 

Minhyuk sighed sadly. "Nothing felt the same without . . . . Hyung. No one else sounded right with us," he explained. 

Kyuhyun stepped inside the room. 

"Oh. This is a new student in my class. The teacher asked me to show him around so that's what I'm doing," she pointed to Kyuhyun. He waved and smiled. 

Minhyuk smiled back at him. "Hi. We're old friends of Seohyun here." 

"Well then, we should get going. We should contact each other sometime," Seohyun commented. 

"Your number hasn't changed right?" Minhyuk asked. Seohyun shook her head no. With that, she left the room. 

" . . .Why'd they call you Seohyun?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"It's my nickname." 

"Can I call you-"

"No." 

 

A/N: yongseo next chapter :D HELLO im still trying to balance the sadness with semi-happiness. am i doing well? :D COMMENTS PLEEEEEAAAASE :DDD