Last Time

Loose Ends

A/N: HELLO OMG WE HAVE REACHED THE ALMOST FINAL CHAPTER (there's an epiloooogue) HAHAHHA GET READY FOR SOME EMOTIONAL STUFF CAUSE IM GOING TO BE GOING THROUGH A ROLLER COASTER WHILE WRITING THIS 

btw you guys should check out my yt channel - i sing :D (GREATLY APPRECIATED <3 <3 <3) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvyFu25IfOK3f1m-88IOMcg

 

" . . What are you doing . . ." Seohyun started, at a loss for words. Three years, she hadn't seen Yong move or talk or anything. Three years. 

"What am I doing awake? Or  . . .. alive?" Yonghwa laughed. "I  . . .I don't know either."

But Seohyun wasn't listening. All Seohyun could concentrate on was Yong's face, Yong's eyes, Yong's everything. Yonghwa didn't even finish his sentence, but Seohyun ran towards him, jumping into his arms. 

Almost falling over from impact, Yonghwa laughed and hugged Seohyun back. 

"I missed you Yong." 

Yonghwa pet Seohyun's hair, smiling. "I missed you too, Hyun." 

But then suddenly Yonghwa pulled back. "Hyun, I-" He stopped. "I don't know how long I have."

Tilting her head, Seohyun looked at Yonghwa. "What do you mean?"

"I don't konw how long I have before I . . . . you know."

"What? Wait but you're alive! You're up and breathing and everything-"

" . . .And I don't know why. That scares me. I think God's giving me one last chance to say goodbye . . .I mean he brought you here, didn't he?" Yonghwa laughed, looking up into the sky. 

"Yong . . .I found your journal."

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun. "What journal?"

"The journal on the USB . . . in your guitar-"

"You have my guitar?"

"Well your mom asked minhyuk and me to sort through your stuff"

"When was this?" Yonghwa laughed. 

"It . .It's a long story"

"Anyway, in it was your USB."

Suddenly a blush appeared on Yonghwa's. "Oh . . .that journal." 

Seohyun bumped Yonghwa's head with her first. "Yeah, pabo, that journal." 

Yonghwa turned away, his cheeks still flushed red. "The . .. the stars sure are beautiful tonight-"

Suddenly someone hugged him from the back.

"Yong I love you." 

They stood in silence like that for a while. 

"Hyun You still-"

"I know. It's been three years. I know I'm such a pabo aren't I, waiting for this guy who wouldn't wake up," Seohyun's voice cracked. Yonghwa's could feel his back starting to get wet. 

"Hyun don't cry. You know I hate it when you cry," Yonghwa laughed, turning to face Seohyun. 

Seohyun laughed, wiping away her tears. "I know, I know I'm just so happy . . ."

Before Seohyun could finish her sentence, a kiss connected the two. 

____________________

The two lay on their backs, looking up at the sky. 

"Usually I can't even see the stars at night," Seohyun awed, the stars sparkling. 

"I remember when we were little we would go out stargazing like this too." 

" . . . .I remember that too . . . .you even gave me a piggy back ride back home because I got tired . . ." 

Yonghwa laughed. "You were such a weakling back then, Hyun." 

"Hey! I was small for my age ok?" 

"Right."

Seohyun pouted. "Oppa you're so mean." 

"Ok ok, fine, Hyun. I was pretty weak for my age too." 

Scoffing, Seohyun replied, "Wow Yong. That totally makes me feel better."

Yonghwa let out a long sigh. 

"What?"

"  . .Nothing . ..I just want you to know . . . before it's too late . . . .. I love you." 

Seohyun sat up. "What do you mean too late?"

There wasn't a reply. 

"Yong? Yong what are you saying?" 

She turned to Yong and started shaking him, tears already falling down her eyes. "Yong! Yah Yong where are you! Wake up! You can't just leave me like this! Yah !" 

No use. She knew he wasn't . . .he was already . . .  Tears slipped down her cheeks and onto Yong's hospital uniform. 

"Pabo!" 

_____________________________

_____________________________

Seohyun's POV:

There was a piece of paper next to Yong's bed, on the table where the machine was. I didn't notice it until the nurse gave it to me, while I was still crying my heart outside his room. 

It's been a month. Minhyuk, Jungshin, Jonghyun and I, we all met up beforehand to go together to his grave. 

There was a piece of paper next to Yong's bed, and I didn't open it until now. 

Maybe I didn't open it because I was afraid of what was going to be inside, but maybe I was afraid because I knew I would be broken hearted all over again. 

But Minhyuk and the others left, leaving me alone with Yong and I pulled the paper from out of my pocket. 

It was folded into a square, sealed shut with a sliver of tape. Pulling off the tape, I flipped it open. 

Tears slid down my cheeks again, but I had a smile. 

"Be happy." 

 

A/N: dont forget about the epilogue guys :D