Hospitals

Loose Ends

A/N: HELLO :DDDDDD check out my other fics if you have time and COMMENTS PLEASE :D I know i haven't updated in while :\ sorry about that. 

Seohyun walked down the long hallway, not exactly in a hurry but not wasting her time either. 

"Noona!" a voice shouted from down the hallway. Seohyun turned around to face a running Kyungsan. 

"Annyeong, Kyungsan. How have you been recently?" Seohyun asked, crouching down to Kyungsan's height. 

"Really well," he smiled at her, "Omma and Appa tell me that if I hurry up and get better soon, I can go back to school and meet my friends again!" Seohyun smiled and patted his head. 

"That's good, Kyungsan-ah. I hope you hurry and get better too," she replied. Just as Seohyun was about to leave though, Kyungsan pulled on her wrist. 

"Noona, can I spend today with you?" he asked. 

Seohyun glanced at the nurse. She seemed hesitant, but eventually nodded. "Sure," Seohyun smiled, leading Kyungsan by the wrist. 

"Seohyun-ssi," the nurse called out. Seohyun turned around to see what she was about to say. The nurse opened , but quickly shook her head and closed it. "Nevermind." 

Seohyun and Kyungsan left the building, going out to the empty courtyard. 

"It's a nice day isn't it," Seohyun started. 

"Mm!" Kyungsan agreed, "Usually it's rainy so I'm happy it's sunny today. I'm even more happy that you're with me too though, noona!" 

Seohyun just laughed, followed by moments of silence above the chirping of the birds. 

"Noona, why are you always at the hospital?" 

"An important someone is in the hospital, Kyungsan-ah, so I come back to see him." 

"Is he your brother?" Kyungsan asked, swinging his legs from the bench. 

"Ani. He's my best friend." 

"Is he your boyfriend?"

Seohyun looked up at the sky and closed her eyes. "Ani . . . but . . . "

"But what?"

"But if he were awake . . . I'm sure he would like it if that were the case." 

"So why isn't it?"

Seohyun shut as she remembered the events of that night, that day, that time. Opening her eyes, she changed the topic. 

"Kyungsan-ah, are you excited to go to school?"

"Of course I am. All my friends are there. They haven't visited me since a year before, so I'm excited to see them again." 

" . . . . they haven't visited you since last year?"

"Nope. Omma told me they were busy with school . . .since they just entered middle school last year . . .and there's a lot of  . . . schoolwork and homework that they have to do . . .so they . .. " Kyungsan drifted off. 

" . . .I'm sure that they're really busy." 

"Yeah," Kyungsan nodded. "That must be the case." 

Kyungsan and Seohyun sat together, enjoying the gentle breeze and bright sun. 

"Do you want something to drink?" Seohyun offered, getting up.

"Yeah, sure!" Kyungsan agreed. 

"Why don't you stay here then, and I'll get something from the cafeteria." Seohyun got up and turned to leave before she head something fall to the ground. Or someone. 

She quickly turned around, to see Kyungsan on the floor, collapsed. 

"Kyungsan!" She ran over. 

"Kyungsan-ah! Are you alright?!" She shook him.

"Somebody help!"