Catalyst

Loose Ends

A/N: hello ;n; sigh i think therell be 3 more chapters xD BRACE YOURSELF CHILDREN comments? :DDD

Yonghwa backed away from the room, falling through a wall. And then, he realized. Why would Seohyun keep loving him? Look at him. He was practically transparent, floating in and out of rooms through the walls. He didn't have a beating heart, he didn't have a pulsing wrist. Blood didn't flow through him. He was nothing. He didn't exist. She couldn't see him. 

But she could see Kyuhyun. She could touch Kyuhyun. She could talk to Kyuhyun. 

Face it Yong. It's been too long for hope to do anything. Give up already. Yonghwa definitely didn't want to believe it. But the evidence was right in front of him. it's been three years. A tear slid down his cheeks. It's been more three years. 

Quickly Yonghwa ran out of the aquarium. He ran back to his hospital room. Although he kept on telling himself that he was a man; that he shouldn't cry, he couldn't help but let the tears flow down. 

Standing up, he approached his heart machine, next to his body. If it weren't for this. If it weren't for me. If it weren't for my useless body that won't wake up. 

He reached out, and set his index finger on the off button. If it weren't for-

_______________________________

Seohyun reached the gates to her dorm. "Thanks for walking me here, Kyu." 

Kyuhyun smiled back at her. "No problem . . . I wouldn't be a man if I wouldn't walk a girl home so late at night," he laughed. Seohyun smiled. "Then . . .I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Yeah. Sleep well."

"Mm."

Seohyun entered the dorm. Taking off her shoes, she entered the kitchen where Taeyeon, Tiffany and Hyoyeon were eating grapes. "Yah yah yah, who was that guy who walked you home?" Tiffany asked, smiling at Seohyun with a knowing eye. 

"That was just . ..Kyuhyun." 

"'Kyuhyun?' You guys seem pretty close," Taeyeon replied, catching on to what Tiffany was talking about. 

"He's . . .a friend," Seohyun replied, hurrying off to her room. As she reached her room, she sat down on her bed, hugging the stuffed animal Yonghwa gave her such a long time ago. 

She sighed. " . . .I guess I should hang my coat up . . ." 

Seohyun got up and took off her coat, but walking over to her closet, she accidentally knocked over the guitar that Yonghwa's mother had given her. Throwing her coat onto her bed instead, she picked up the guitar. But there was something in it. She heard it. Something was inside Yonghwa's guitar. Shaking it around, finally it came out. 

A USB stick. 

What's this? 

She plugged it into her computer, and opened it. There was only one file on it. Opening it, she started reading. 

"January 6th, 2003

I turned 10 today. Hyun gave me one of the action figures I really wanted :D I'm really happy. Ever since I met Hyun I've been really happy. Jonghyun, Jungshin, Minhyuk, Hyun and I always go out to the park to play . .. "

Seohyun scrolled down.  . . .Is this Yong's  ..  journal? 

She kept on scrolling down, skimming the contents before she got to one entry.

"December 12th 2009

I think I really like Hyun. . ."

she scrolled down somemore.

"December 14th 2009

I really don't know what to do anymore. I get so flushed when we're together. We went to the aquarium today. I wanted to tell her that I loved her but I couldn't . . . .But I kissed her instead. I don't know what to do anymore . .."

"December 20th 2009 

I told Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin about my feelings for Hyun. They all support me :DD I hope they'll help me and Hyun. Aggh im so lovestruck TT.TT . . ."

She scrolled to the last one. 

"January 6th 2010

Hyun called me and said she needed to talk to me today. I'm gonna go pick her up after her cram class. I don't really know what this is about . . But I'm gonna confess today. I'm absolutely going to do this! Yong Hwaiting!" 

A tear slid down her cheek. 

All this time.

All these years.

He's loved her . . ..too? 

Why couldn't he . . .

Why didn't she . . 

Why didnt they . . .

She had to go. 

She had to see Yong. 

Running out of her room, she quickly slipped on her shoes. 

"Seohyun! Where're you guys going?" 

Seohyun didn't reply. 

She ran. The trains weren't running anymore. She ran.