Still Holding On

Loose Ends

Yonghwa stood in the middle of Hongdae Center, long after Seohyun had already left. The snow was so beautiful around him, but when he stuck his hand out to catch a snowflake, it would go right through him. The pang of realization hit him again. 

His time in the world was no longer existent. He was already just a wandering soul. He would never be able to experience the world as it was before again. 

A tear slid down from his cheek but when it landed on the ground, nothing left a mark. 

He looked up towards the sky. "Seohyun"

_______________

Yonghwa slipped through the door to Seohyun's dorm. Passing through as if it were his own house, Yonghwa suddenly heard yelling. 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun! What happened to you?" 

It was Jessica's voice.

As he walked closer and closer to the kitchen, the yelling got louder. 

"Everything changed since 3 years ago! Ever since Yonghwa died!" Jessica yelled again. 

Yonghwa stopped in his tracks. 

Then he heard the shaky voice of Seohyun. "Aniyo, unnie. Yong isn't dead." 

Yonghwa slowly lifted his head. Tears were starting to stream down again. 

Then he heard a slap. It echoed through the long hallway, and echoed even more in Yonghwa's ears. Running to the kitchen, he stopped as he saw the scene after Jessica had slapped Seohyun. 

Jessica, face flushed, with her hand outstretched. 

Taeyeon, worried, reaching to stop Jessica. 

Seohyun, with her head turned, hair covering her face. Then he saw the tears start to flow. Seohyun was crying. 

"Unnie . . .you don't understand" she said, her voice quivering. "I love Yong even though he'll never be able to look at me, laugh with me, or embrace me again. And I'll love him for as long as I live. I'm sorry if I changed. But you can't keep me from loving Yong." 

Then she walked off to her room, leaving the rest of the girls speechless. 

Yonghwa joined Seohyun in her room, her crying, hugging the teddy bear that he had given her for her 14th birthday. 5 years ago. 

"Yong . . Am I still the Seohyun you loved? Will you accept me as I am now?" she asked, unaware that Yonghwa was right now next to her, crying with her. 

Yonghwa knew that Seohyun wouldn't be able to hear him. He knew it, but he talked to her anyway.

"Seohyun. You'll always be the girl I love. Even if you died. Even if you moved on and married another man. I'll always love you." He put his hand on hers.
"Hyun-ah . . . Do you know why I'm crying right now?" he smiled, "It's because you're crying."
He kissed her forehead as she fell asleep. "Don't cry, Hyun. Smile. When you smile, I see the beauty in the world around me, even though I'm already dead. So smile, Hyun." 

Seohyun was fast asleep by now, tears still on her cheeks. Yonghwa slowly drifted off too, still holding onto her hand. 

"Hyun . . . I love you."

A/N: Whew! I think that's the end of all the remotely sad chapters for a while now. (maybe XD) what do you guys think so far? sorry for not updating in a while XD (my teacher has been killing my whole class with hw) >.> CHECK OUT MY OTHER FICS TOO :DDD AND COMMENT PLEASE :DDDDDD