"Come Back"

Loose Ends

Seohyun approached the desk. The nurse immediately recognized her. 

"Oh. Seohyun-ssi. Yonghwa is in the same room, as always," she informed. Seohyun nodded and smiled before walking towards the western wing of the hospital. 

Walking down the hallway, the familiar surroundings comforted her a little. A little boy stepped out of a room to her right, holding the hand of a nurse. 

"Oh. Seohyun noona, annyeong!" he shouted, happy. 

"Annyeong, Kyungsan," Seohyun smiled back. "How is your treatment going?" she asked, bending down to his height. 

"Omma and Appa told me that if I was a good boy, I could go back to school next year!" he grinned. 

"That's good for you!" Seohyun pet his head. Seohyun had met Kyungsan half a year ago, but she still didn't know why he was admitted to the hospital. The nurses and doctors were very protective about it. Probably to keep Kyungsan from knowing. 

"Kyungsan, we have to go now. Say bye to Seohyun noona," the nurse said.

"Annyeong, noona!" he yelled as the nurse and he walked away. Seohyun waved back and kept walking. Finally she reached Yonghwa's room, but she heard something coming from it. Standing closer to the door, she could make out what the people inside were saying now. 

She recognized two of the voices. It was Yonghwa's mother. The other was Yonghwa's father. The third was a low, deep voice. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I would like to remind you that the hospital cannot keep Yonghwa here forever. There are many people with higher needs for not only this room, but also the machine that is keeping Yonghwa alive," the lower voice said. 

Seohyun's heart almost stopped. 

"Doctor . . .we are very aware of the fact that our Yonghwa is no longer here anymore," Yonghwa's mother replied, "But I feel like as long as his heart is beating . . . we can't give up on him. Even if he was deemed to be brain dead."

There was the shuffling of papers. "In that case, Mr. and Mrs. Jung, I would like to inform you that the cost of keeping Yonghwa here will increase. If you ever have a change of heart, just call our front desk and let them know." 

Afterwards the door opened and the doctor stepped out. Glancing at Seohyun for a moment, he walked past. 

Seohyun hesitantly stepped into the room. 

"You won't change your mind, right? Mr. Jung? Mrs. Jung?" Seohyun asked, her voice shaky. 

Yonghwa's mother looked at Seohyun. "Oh . . . Seohyun-ssi. Don't worry. We might have to take on some more jobs . . . but we'll try to keep Yonghwa alive as long as we can," she assured. 

Seohyun anxiety rested a little. 

Hurry up and come back, Yong. 

A/N: aigoo...... ;n; sorry if this chapter is absolutely crappy. i started off with one idea and then skipped to another and then jumped to another and it just turned into a mishmosh of a bunch of stuff. btw if you didn't know, kyungsan is the baby that snsd babysitted on Hello Baby. i tried to make things less confusing and i feel like i totally made things a LOT more confusing XD COMMENTS? :D