Seat Partners

Loose Ends

Seohyun stared at the sky while walking to her university. It was a clear day, the clouds slowly floating past. Biting into her breakfast, an apple, she quickly hurried to school after glancing at her watch.

Upon entering the classroom, a cacophony of chairs scraping against floors and people chitchatting amongst themselves hurt Seohyun's ears a little bit. The teacher had posted a seating chart on the blackboard. Walking up to the board, Seohyun searched for her name. 

"Seo Joohyun . . . row 3 . . . seat 2" she mumbled to herself. After confirming her seat, she didn't bother looking to see who sat next to her, and quickly went over to sit down. Pulling out her homework from last night, Seohyun reviewed the worksheets. She felt someone stand next to her, but she didn't bother to see who it was. 

"Do you know where the extra chairs are?" a voice asked her. 

Not looking away from her paper, she said, "They're out in the hallway, near the staircase." 

The voice shouted a thanks and then faded away as the person ran down the hallway. 

A few moments later, the bell rang and the teacher walked into the classroom. 

"Uh . . . Since this is the first day of this class in the second semester, why don't we all introduce ourselves?" he said, pointing to the student in row 1 seat 1. One by one, all the students introduced themselves. Finally it got to Seohyun's seat partner's turn, but he wasn't back yet. Then, with the perfectly right timing, he hurridely open the door, carrying a chair with him. 

"I'm sorry! I was getting a chair! Am I late?!" he shouted, panting. 

Laughter erupted in the room. Everyone except Seohyun stifled a giggle, even the teacher. 

"Ah . . you're just on time," the teacher informed. "We were just introducing ourselves, and it's your turn right now." 

"Oh . . Well . . . My name is Cho Kyuhyun, and I transfered here today from Seoul University. Treat me well!" He bowed enthusiastically afterwards. 

Everyone smiled at him and the teacher said, "Next!" 

Seohyun sighed and stood up. She could feel everyone watching her, but she didn't care anymore. "Annyeonhaseyo. My name is Seo Joohyun. Please treat me well," she monotonously said. Then she slowly sat back down. 

After a moment of silence, the teacher moved onto the next person.

"You don't smile a lot, do you?" 

She looked to her right. The foolish smiling face of the boy greeted her. 

"That's none of your business," she scoffed, whispering back to the boy. 

"It is my business," the boy replied, "because I'm your seat partner." 

She looked at him. "So?"

"So I care," he smiled at her again. "I'm Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you." 

He stuck his hand out. 

Seohyun didn't meet his hand and merely turned her head away. "I heard."

Finally the last person in the class finished introducing themself. Class begun and soon there was no more talking between Kyuhyun and Seohyun. However, at the end of class, the teacher called Seohyun up. 

"Nae, Mr. Kim?" she asked as everyone else started to leave. 

"Kyuhyun, you come over here too," the teacher instructed. 

Kyuhyun hurried over.

"Joohyun, since Kyuhyun is new here and you're his seat partner, I want you to show him around the school. Is that alright?" the teacher asked. 

Seohyun looked at the boy standing next to her and then back at the teacher. She couldn't refuse, and instead put on a fake smile.

"Nae, I will." 

A/N: AIGOO ;N; i've finally realized how short my chapters really are XD oopsies. anyway, i have finally introduced kyuhyun to the game :DDD what do you guys think? COMMENTS PLEASE :DDDDDDD