Rummaging Through Memories

Loose Ends

A/N: YONGSEO HERE I COME :D soooo yup this is the promised yongseo chapter AAAAND there are some more near the end of the fic (which wont be long ;n;) BTW I MADE A LOT OF REFERENCES TO WGM YONGSEO XD COMMENTS PLS 

Seohyun waved to Minhyuk. "Hey."

"Hey. You ready?" Minhyuk asked. They approached the train. 

"Should be." 

Minhyuk opened his mouth to reply but then the overcom interrupted. "The train to Busan will be leaving in 5 minutes. All passengers to Train 107 please board now." 

Seohyun and Minhyuk silently got on the train and sat down. "What did Yonghwa's omma tell you when she called?" Seohyun asked.

"She said that they were moving . . . and wanted us to clean out Yonghwa's room. After all, we were his best friends," Minhyuk replied. His eyes looked red, as if he had been crying the night before. Seohyun couldn't blame him. She had been crying as well. 

"Same. She told me she couldn't muster the will to go back into Yong's room." 

Seohyun and Minhyuk spent the rest of the train ride silent, but they could both tell they were thinking of the same thing; how they would react to being in Yonghwa's room. 

"Train 107 is now arriving in Busan, all passengers please be ready to get off the train," the overcom announced. As the train gradually stopped into the terminal, Seohyun and Minhyuk stood up to get out. 

"Do you still remember the way to his house?"

"Of course. How could I forget?" Seohyun smiled. 

The nostalgia came back as they got closer and closer to Yonghwa's house. Finally they arrived at a white house surrounded by a garden, gated. 

"We're here, huh," Minhyuk said. Seohyun only nodded. She tried opening the gate but it was locked. Minhyuk only laughed when he approached the gate, leaned over to the other side and unlocked it that way. 

"Minhyuk!" Seohyun shouted.

"What?" Minhyuk shrugged, "Yonghwa would've done the same even if this weren't his own house." 

Seohyun had to agree with that. Yonghwa would've. 

They approached the front door and rung the doorbell. Yonghwa's mother answered it. 

"Ah, Seohyun-ah, Minhyuk-ah, welcome." She let the two in before closing the door. "Sorry the place is still such a mess. We're organizing everything and loading it onto Yonghwa's father's truck but he hasn't gotten off of work yet so everything is just still here.

"You two know where Yonghwa's room is, right?" Seohyun and Minhyuk nodded. 

"Auntie, are you alright? You look a little tired," Seohyun asked. 

"It's alright, I'm okay," Yonghwa's mom replied, unconvincingly.

However, Seohyun and Minhyuk just bowed to her and went up the stairs. Without saying a word, they both stood in front of Yonghwa's room.

"Ready?" Minhyuk asked. He put his hand on the door handle. 

"Yes," Seohyun replied, nodding. 

Minhyuk swung the door open. The two stepped in. "So . . . where should we start?"

"Turn on the light first," Seohyun advised. 

Minhyuk flipped the light switch on. The lights didn't turn on. "They probably already cut off the electricity," Minhyuk replied. 

"I'll open the curtains and windows then. To let in some natural light. And to air out the room," Seohyun replied. 

"Ok, I'll get boxes then." 

Seohyun walked over to the windowsill. Swishing the curtains to the sides, light burst into the room. The switches to the windows were kind of stubborn at first but eventually they opened. The windows creaked open and Seohyun breathed in a breath of fresh air. 

Minhyuk came back up with the boxes. "Let's start, shall we?"

"I'll start with the bed then. You start on his desk." 

"Alright." 

Seohyun picked up Yonghwa's pillows. They were still arranged perfectly on his bed. Setting them gently into the box, suddenly she heard Minhyuk yell.

"Oh shoot!" 

"What?"

"I was picking up his papers when some of them flew out the window," Minhyuk explained. 

Seohyun smiled. "Don't worry, I'll get it." 

She walked outside, into the back garden. Finally she saw them. As she picked them up one by one, under the fourth one was a CD. 

Is this Yonghwa's? 

Flipping it over, it was one of those CDs you could buy at a store and you copied your own music onto it. There wasn't anything written on it though. She brought it up to Minhyuk. 

"Hey Minhyuk, I found this in the garden. Do you think it could be Yonghwa's?"

Minhyuk glanced at it. "Why don't we play it and see?" 

"How?"

"Well . . . . we could use his laptop," 

Seohyun glanced at the laptop sitting on Yonghwa's desk. "Ok." Seohyun lifted the screen to the laptop and realized that it was in sleep. Did this laptop sleep for 3 years? However, as unlikely as that could've been, Seohyun ignored it and put the CD in the drive. A media player popped up and the song began to play. 

"The day when I first saw you 
Your bright smile full of shyness
We'll get closer after today
Every day, I have heart-fluttering expectations

What to say to you
How to get you to laugh
I fear It'll get awkward when I try to hold your hand
All I can do it smile shyly

Hopefully we can speak banmal to each other
Even though it's still awkward and unfamiliar
Instead of saying 'thank you'
Talk to me in a friendlier way

Hopefully we can speak banmal to each other
You walk towards me slowly, step by step
Now look at my two eyes and tell me
I love you~"

It was Yonghwa's voice. The smooth acoustic of Yonghwa's guitar. Seohyun knew it was him. Only Yonghwa would play like this. Only Yonghwa would sing like this. That's the way Yonghwa was special. Seohyun could almost hear Yonghwa's smile through the melody, she could almost see Yonghwa's hard work that went into it. And she knew it. This song was for her. She could see their days together in the few words that Yonghwa had put it in. Tears ran down her face as she thought about it. Yonghwa had felt it too. This was Yonghwa's answer. 

Minhyuk glanced at Seohyun. He wanted to cry too. This was Yonghwa's word to her, they all knew it. But he knew this was between Seohyun and Yonghwa. Silently, he left the room, gently closing the door behind him. 

The song played over and over again in the room, with an audience of Seohyun, the girl whom it was for. 

"Oppa," Seohyun mumbled, "Can you hear me? I hear you. This was for me wasn't it?"

She didn't need an answer. 

"Yong . . . . I love you too. I love you more than the sun, I love you more than the stars. I love you more than the ocean or even the sky. Stay strong for me, and I'll stay strong for you. I'll wait forever, if it takes that long, just to see you smile again. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you come back." 

______________________

"Auntie . . ."

"Yes?"

"Can I just ask for one thing before I leave?"

"Anything,"

"Can I have Yonghwa's guitar?"

The middle aged woman looked up from shuffling in boxes. Then she smiled. 

"Sure," she replied. 

"You really love Yonghwa don't you?"

Seohyun looked back. "Yeah."