Chapter 8

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

“Good afternoon Principal. Is there something you wished to talk to me about?” Junho anxiously asked.

 

“I’m so disappointed in you, Miss Yoon-hee.” She said.

 

“Principal, I’m so sorry but I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Junho said as he tried to guess what the old lady was trying to say as she looked at him with those eagle-like eyes. He got frustrated because he can’t think of anything at all. Nothing bad seemed to have happened yesterday afternoon. Well, that is if he excluded the encounters with Hyoyeon and he thinks that the principal isn’t even a bit concerned about that.

 

“Are you listening to me?” The principal asked because she noticed his gaze wandering somewhere.

 

“Of course I’m listening. It’s just that I really have no idea what I have done.” Junho explained.

 

“And now you’re making excuses?! I can’t believe this!!! First, you don’t show up yesterday as a substitute teacher for a class and now you come in late and 4 classes this morning did nothing as their assigned instructress was absent. How could you do this?!  You weren’t even here for a week and now you’re making me see you as an irresponsible teacher. That’s not what I expected from you.” She looked really disappointed which made Junho feel a bit sad.

 

“I’m sorry Principal Oh but I thought we’ve arranged my schedule and I will start teaching this afternoon?” He asked.

 

“Don’t act innocent in front of me. I don’t like it. I told Teacher Hyoyeon yesterday to inform you that one of our faculty members’ mother was rushed to the hospital and that you’ll fill in for all her classes. It’s not like Teacher Hyoyeon to forget and not accomplish tasks as easy as that.” The principal said while shaking her head in disbelief.

 

‘So she did this? She really wants me to leave so bad? I hate her.’ He thought. He really wanted to blame Hyoyeon for it but he knew he’ll never win in the principal’s eyes if his opponent was that beautiful monster and disguise. ’Why do I still think of her as beautiful?! Aaaish...  An enemy should never be pretty.’ He noted to himself. His head was bowed down and he spoke to the principal. “This will never happen again. I promise. I’m sorry for disappointing you. Please give me another chance.” He nearly begged the principal.

 

“I’m giving you another chance but you should be sincere to what you have just said to me. I do not want an irresponsible faculty member as part of my team. I’d rather cut you out than let you be a bad role model to the students. Please do well next time because I don’t like scolding people.” She said.

 

“I’m sorry again. And thank you for the second chance.” He bowed again.

 

“You better go to class or you’ll be late.” She reminded him.

 

He immediately left and went to class. He was still a bit distracted but it was his first class and he doesn’t want his students to have that bad impression on him. So he tried his best teaching the students and he was accepted wholeheartedly. He liked the feeling and it raised his mood a bit. He still has a break before the next class and he decided to call Suzy. She’s the best person to talk to about this kind of stuff because she’s sure to have many nice things to say and he’d like to hear those so that his mood will be lifted even more.

 

“Hey Suzy. Are you busy? Can I bother you for a moment?” He asked.

 

“I’m not busy. Just wait for a moment. I’ll rest a bit because I’m panting from dancing and call you back in a few minutes.” She said and hung up the phone.

 

‘I’m guessing she’s busy. She probably will be telling the people there with some amazing story so she could talk to me. I bothered her again. I’m so sorry, Suzy.’ He thought and apologized to her in his mind. He sat down in the area outside the teacher’s lounge, waiting for his friend to call. Then Hyoyeon was walking towards his direction. He felt the need to confront her. They’ve been left with bad impressions of one another and a confrontation could probably not do any more harm than what there was already. He was about to stand up but he noticed that Hyoyeon was really approaching him. So he stayed seated and waited for her to come.

 

“Yoon-hee. I would just like to apologize.” Hyoyeon said looking straight into his eyes.

 

He was being distracted by her stare so he looked away before speaking. “So, you knew what you happened?” He asked though he already knew that all of the teachers in the lounge earlier have heard what had happened because the principal’s voice was really uncontrollably high when she was mad.

 

“Yesterday, I was seriously about to tell you the changes in the schedule. I was looking for you after I spoke with the principal. Unfortunately, we bumped into each other and had some sort of quarrel which eventually made me walk out and forgot that I had to tell you something. I had a class after so I just remembered everything when class was almost finished and I was searching for you but you already went home.” She explained.

 

“Wow. What a great story! I bet you’ve had it all thought out, huh?” He said sarcastically.

 

“What are you talking about?” She asked innocently. ‘Don’t believe her Junho it’s all just an act. She’s trying to make you believe her but she really wants you out of this school.’ Junho mentally said to himself.

 

He spoke again. “Just cut the act. It’s just the two of us here and nobody will know that you’ve planned all this out. Don’t be all cute and innocent on me. I don’t buy your act anyway.”

 

“So you’re saying I did all of this intentionally? Are you accusing me? I’m apologizing to you very sincerely.” Her voice was starting to rise and shake at the same time.

 

“You’re the one who said that. I wasn’t mentioning anything. Unless, you’re already feeling guilty? But how can that happen, right? I mean, you seem to be serious when you said to Sunny that you’ll do anything to make me leave this school.” Junho said with a smug expression in his face.

 

Hyoyeon was already teary-eyed as she spoke. “That was said out of anger and I did not mean that. I won’t do such bad things and I won’t ruin anybody that way. I’m sorry for putting you through this and I hope we can truly be friends with each other.” She now offered her hand for a shake and she was waiting for him to accept his apology.

 

He saw her waiting and he saw some sincerity in her expression but he will not be fooled again. “I do not want to be friends with you and I don’t intend to shake your hand. Your apology will not be accepted but I still hope that we can be civil with each other. After all we’re in the same school and we’ll probably see each other very often. I’m leaving, I have better things to do.” Junho said and he left Hyoyeon standing there, crying.

 

Their talk got unexpectedly longer so he wasn’t able to pick up Suzy’s call. He still has a class to attend so he just messaged Suzy and said that they should meet up for dinner later and just talk there. He went to class and talked about writing poems. After a short discussion, he asked the students to try writing poems with meter.

 

“So, you guys should write a poem and use any subject of your choice. I’ll be checking for the components discussed earlier particularly rhyming. Because as discussed earlier the common mistake students make is to sacrifice the content of the poem just to be able to put exceptional rhyming. The three best poems in class will be rewarded additional points in the next examination. Start working now.” He managed to speak though his mind was starting to wander off someplace else.

 

The incentive he gave the students seemed very meaningful as all heads are bowed down now on their respective desks. He, on the other hand, was busy contemplating on what had happened earlier. He couldn’t keep Hyoyeon’s crying and almost begging face off his mind. He was still questioning himself if those were real tears that he saw from Hyoyeon. He felt her sincerity but he still believes that she did all this in purpose. Her words are still resonating in his head. He was seriously mad at her now and nothing she’ll do will make things between them okay. She may be the most beautiful girl he has ever seen but with her personality, she immediately became one of the ugliest people he had ever met. He continued pondering on these things as class after class went on. He was finally relieved that the day was over and as he said goodbye to his class. He went immediately to the school gate and out to the place where he was supposed to meet Suzy.

 

He arrived there but Suzy wasn’t there yet and just like any problematic male, and although dressed as a female teacher, he sat there and had a drink. A few more minutes passed and Suzy was running to him looking very worried.

 

“Junho, why are you drinking? I thought we were here to just talk. Stop that!” She said as she pulled the glass from Junho’s hand.

 

“Problems never disappear, right? I almost got fired from school earlier. That stupid beautiful girl was trying to get me kicked out. I wanted to defend myself but what can I do? I have to up to those people to save my sister. Yeah, about that, I wasn’t able to look for her today because I was pre-occupied from that stupid conversation. I met many students but I didn’t get to pay much attention to them. It’s all because of Hyoyeon. I’m hopeless.” He said all of his thoughts to Suzy without even stopping.

 

Suzy was looking at him intently and decided to just bring him home and talk there. She paid the bills and put his one arm on her shoulder and helped him walk. For the first time in her life, Suzy doesn’t know what to say. She couldn’t comfort him and she doesn’t even have an idea why. Was it because she also did not know how they will find his sister? Was it because the words that might come out of will just make him feel even worse? Or was it because Junho has never spoken to another woman as beautiful except from her before? Was it because she feels that there was something that made this girl attractive to Junho and that this is a woman she may be competing with? She had all those thoughts in mind as they were walking a few blocks away from home. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Wooyoung coming and helped her in carrying Junho.

 

“What happened to him?” Wooyoung asked.

 

“He called me earlier and asked if we could talk while having dinner. I came a bit late because the rehearsals went longer than expected. When I arrived at the place, he was already drunk and I can’t do anything more. It’s not like I was late for too long. I didn’t expect him to do this. We both know, he can’t tolerate alcohol very well. He probably will have a headache until tomorrow.” Suzy explained to Wooyoung.

 

“What could it possibly be? Did he say anything?” He asked.

 

“Well, it’s a school matter. I think he almost got fired earlier because of a certain girl and he was so mad because the search for his sister wasn’t having any progress. I pitied him but I couldn’t say anything either. I’m worried that whatever I might say will be something that will make him feel even worse.” She said and Wooyoung knew she’ll be very heartbroken if she makes Junho feel bad.

 

“So, that was it. We couldn’t let mother be troubled about this. How about you get ahead of us, tell mother that Junho and I went out then let her rest. We’ll come a bit later. We can sit in the park while waiting.” He told her.

 

“Okay. I’ll be cooking soup to make him feel a bit better. See you later.” She said as she left them near the park and went straight home.

 

Wooyoung knew how tired his buddy was and thinks that he won’t be even able to talk so he put him in a bench and just let him sleep while he sat on the bench next to where Junho was lying. He looked at him and said, “Buddy, I hope you don’t worry too much because you make the three of us worry more. I hope all these come to an end soon.“About an hour passed and Suzy came back, helped carry Junho and the three of them went straight home. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope you enjoy this. new characters will be revealed next chapter. I'm woking on it now.  please comment so that how you find my story. thanks! :D