Chapter 2

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

He followed where his father went, they rode the train and a smile showed in his face as he figured out where they were going. He couldn’t believe they were travelling to the north. They never went to back to the same place before and this will be a first. To Junho, it doesn’t matter as long as they were going back to the seaside again. He will be seeing his friends and aunt again. He cannot contain his happiness and fear that they may be going somewhere else so he just asked his father and kill his suspicions.

 

“Dad, could we be going to Aunt Shinyoung’s place in the north?” Junho asked with a bit of fear.

 

“Do you want that? We’re supposed to be going somewhere else but if you really want to.” His father replied using his poker face. He really want to bring Junho back to the seaside as he knew how Junho loved it there and this will be his way of saying sorry to his beloved son.

 

“Well, I’d love to go there dad but whatever you think is best, that’s what we should do.” To this reply by Junho, his father felt heartbroken again because he never knew how to repay his son. He knew that there could be a good life for him but he can never put Junho’s sister Ji-eun in danger. His sorry for putting Junho through all of this but someone’s got to sacrifice and sadly, it was his only son.

 

The trip continued with Junho looking sad and pretending to be asleep while his father is staring at the area they were passing and seriously re-thinking what has happened to them in the past few days and the single call that had made him ran away again. He wasn’t sure why there were people chasing them but he knew that they got to run or else they’ll die.

 

His phone rang as he was waiting for Junho who was buying their dinner.

 “Hello.”

“Hello there cousin-in-law!”

“Why did you call? What do you want? I’m staying as far away from that company as you asked me.”

“I know. You’re somewhere in the east right? I’m having you followed. You know me, I never get contented until I made sure that everything will go to my son Yoseob.”

“Get everything you want. Just don’t hurt my daughter. I know you know where she is. How is she doing? Tell me, please.”

“Well, the last I’ve heard was that she was adopted by a foster family. She seemed like a nice kid and she’ll continue to be one if you continue hiding.”

“You won’t see us okay. Just leave her alone. I beg you.” Then, the other person hung up the phone.  

Junho saw his father’s face turn white. And he asked if he was okay and just like every single day, he faked a smile and say to his son that he was okay although Junho knew he wasn’t. Junho swore to himself that one day, he’ll just squeeze the truth from his father because he’d been dying to know why they were doing this and he’s just keeping mum out of respect and love for his father...

 

“You have arrived at your destination” a female voice announced through the speakers in the train. Junho opened his eyes and he just can’t help but smile they were back in the province. He’ll see his friends again. He hugged his father because of happiness. His dad smiled and said, “I’m sorry for everything son.” Junho just smiled and prepared himself for meeting his friends in a few minutes time.

 

The two walked until they reached the small community where they previously lived. They immediately saw Suzy who was about to have lunch with Wooyoung and his mom, Shinyoung.

 

“Aunt, Wooyoungie! Uncle Changmin and Junho are here!!!” She ran inside. And Shinyoung was so happy she shouted so hard in excitement but no words were understood from her and she spat all contents of into her son’s face.

 

“Mother!” Wooyoung shouted while wiping his face but Shinyoung was already gone and out there welcoming the father and son. Wooyoung followed outside and saw  Junho hugging with his other best friend Suzy. He ran to Junho and hugged him.

“Nice to see you again, buddy!” Wooyoung said smiling.