Chapter 10.2

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

 

At the Kim’s residence later that night,

 

“Mom, look who I’ve got here with me!” IU was so excited and she was screaming like crazy when she arrived home with Hyoyeon.

 

“Of course, I know you’ll be with your sister.” Mrs. Kim said to her then turned her face to Hyoyeon. “How are you my daughter? It’s been two weeks since we’ve last seen each other.”

 

“I know mom. I’m sorry. I really got busy. I wanted to go home but my schedule’s all cramped. I can’t even talk to IU at school. ” Hyoyeon explained.

 

IU went to her room to change and Hyoyeon helped their mother prepare the table because their father will be arriving soon. Her mother stared at her and asked, “Have you been eating well? You’ve gotten thinner. You’ll worry your father once he sees you.”

 

“Mom, I’m fine. I’m busy but I still take care of myself.” She replied to her mom half truthfully. She was really taking care of herself. Well, that was until she met Yoon hee. It was crazy and childish because she wasn’t been sleeping all too well since their first encounter. She never thought that extreme annoyance can cause a person to lack sleep. And aside from lacking sleep, she wasn’t able to eat anything the previous night and almost cried herself to sleep. Even Sunny can’t stop her from crying. She didn’t know how to react to the confrontation that took place between her and Yoon hee. It was a sincere mistake in her part but when Yoon hee said that she planned it all, it was like being accused for a crime she hadn’t even heard about. And what’s worse is that this is the biggest fight she ever had with anybody in her 21 years of existence. She was a completely happy and friendly person but her new co-teacher has a hell of a personality, which clashes so hard with hers. Since the confrontation, they managed to stay away from each other’s paths. Hyoyeon wanted to apologize to her again but she already knew that the girl will not accept it. And then she immediately thought of a way to show that other person she was sincere. She’ll start her plan tomorrow. For now, she’ll just enjoy her younger sister’s achievement with the whole family.

 

She continued helping her mother until their father arrived. Her mom was right, she made him worry with how she looked. He wasn’t even able to see the dark bags under her eyes but she was happy she successfully hid it because if not, she may be forced to live with her mom again for the longest time. The whole family ate happily and bid their goodbyes to Hyoyeon when she was about to leave but IU asked her to stay for the night because she also wanted to talk to her about Hara and her new friend, Teacher Yoon hee. Unfortunately, Hyoyeon declined because she still has lesson plans to finish, leaving IU sad but being the good girl that she is, she just accepted when her sister offered to have lunch with her the next day. The two hugged each other before Hyoyeon went back to the school teacher’s dormitory.  

 

Upon arriving at the dormitory, she saw Sunny lying on the bed, talking to her boyfriend Sungmin. Sunny just nodded at her acknowledging her presence and just chatted sweetly with her boyfriend. Hyoyeon was happy for her friend but she was really jealous that she has such a wonderful love life. They are almost of the same age and they even went to the same college. She has followed the life of the two lovebirds. From the moment they met, they fell in love and until now that they want to continue to the next step in their relationship. She wanted to do the lesson plan but she just can’t focus because all she hears are Sunny’s sweet words and giggles. She couldn’t take it anymore. She wanted to sleep but she knew that Sunny’s phone call will not end until near midnight. So she decided to walk outside the school grounds.

 

I’m also a nice girl. I could have a healthy relationship with another guy as well but why am I alone?’ She continued all this thoughts and walked until she got to her happy place, the garden filled with flowers. She sat on the bench and she continued thinking, ‘Was I seriously waiting for Siwon? He’s a priest now and he’ll never look my way. He has vowed to God and his decision had been made. Actually, it was obvious that he wanted to become a priest. Ever since we were kids, he was the one person who does the right thing and he always gives advices to all our friends.’ She sort of crossed out Siwon from her imaginary list of possible husbands-to-be. She then thought of the guys she had a relationship with. Thinking about them all, she was shocked to recall that she never had a relationship that lasted for more than half a year. One of them died of a disease, one left her and got married early, one got in a car accident and suffered a coma and the last one, the one she loved the most, left the country and chose to study abroad. They all left her actually. Maybe that was why she never wanted to be a part of a relationship again. She had been in love and out of love and before falling completely in love with the next person, that person is already gone. She just wishes to see someone who will be there for her, that one person who will never ever leave her side. She’s tired of losing the people she love and doesn’t want to experience losing another person again. All her thoughts were interrupted by a coughing sound from a man that came from somewhere.

 

“What are you doing outside this late at night?” Siwon asked.

 

“Oh, it’s you! I was scared for a while there. I’m just getting some fresh air and wanted a noise-free atmosphere.” She said.

 

“Noise-free atmosphere? Where exactly have you been? Do I make this place not noise-free for you? I mean, I can leave if you wish.” Siwon said.

 

“No, its fine. Stay, I want company by the way. It’s just that Sunny is speaking with her boyfriend on the phone and all this love stuff makes me dizzy. So I decided to get out here, look at the flowers and try to enjoy myself.” She explained.

 

“Seriously? Love stuff making you dizzy? You’re the gorgeous Hyoyeon that everyone likes. You can’t be serious now.” Siwon said trying to joke. Hyoyeon blushed and Siwon continued. “You know what? You’re still young and there should be no rush in falling in love. You’ll find the right person for you soon enough, when it’s your time to be together. I bet that someone is also looking for you too.”

 

“Thanks for that. Those are really nice words. You’ve always been like that. You always say nice words and give good advice. I guess I shouldn’t dwell on it too much? I should be going. I have tons of school stuff to do and I’m wasting my time here pitying myself.” Hyoyeon said, looking at Siwon before heading back to the dormitory.

 

On Junho’s side of the city...

 

“Aunt, I’ll be going out. Probably just go walk around. You should go to sleep already. I’ll come back soon. Wooyoung and Suzy aren’t here anyways.” He said to Shinyoung.

 

Wooyoung was probably still in an internet shop chatting with his girlfriend. Suzy just called in and said she will be arriving a bit late because their boss treated them for dinner. So, he decided to walk outside and thought some things to himself. He was able to focus on the students today because he sort of cleared his mind with almost a hundred glasses of beer last night. He totally forgot about Hyoyeon. Well, not completely. It took a great deal of self-control for him to avoid her. And whenever they’d be close with each other, he can see that she is really sorry and sad but he won’t believe her. Not anymore. He finds her beautiful and all but that personality of hers just pushes him away and besides, even if he will have feelings for her, he won’t be able to confess without being misunderstood. So he might as well get the thoughts of her out of his mind.

 

He then thought of his purpose on the school. He looked up and spoke, “Father, what do you really want me to do? I’m trying my hardest to find Ji-eun. I have no idea how she looked like but I’ll surely finish this task for you. I just wish you would help me, even just a little.” After saying this, it started to rain. He ran towards home where he saw Suzy sitting near the table looking at a box. He then asked her what the box was.

 

“You’ve got a suitor already? What’s inside the package? What happened to roses and chocolates as gifts?” He teased.

 

“Actually, Junho, I saw this outside when I arrived earlier. It is a package sent from the province. A neighbour sent it here. I don’t know how they found us but I guess we should be careful in opening it.”Suzy explained

 

As they were both looking at the box, Wooyoung arrived. He eyed the box and asked, “So, are we opening the box or just staring at it?”

 

“Let’s open it now.” Junho answered.

 

As they opened the box, they found one thing inside it. Junho was staring at the familiar object. Suzy was covering out of shock and Wooyoung finally spoke up and looked at Junho. “Buddy, that seems to be Uncle Changmin’s bag”

 

To which Junho replied, “Yeah, it is father’s bag.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

a pretty long chapter here. I hope this makes up for the super late update... i hope you like it.. comment more... enjoy! :D