Chapter 21

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

At the airport...

Yoseob knew that Manager Jung was already waiting for him in the parking lot but he couldn’t care less. Yes, he had to present for the board members in the company but he had other pressing matters in mind. Now, sitting on a bench alone looking at the airplanes take off, he wanted to throw himself there and be killed by the huge plane. He had been thinking about a certain matter since the first time he talked with Suzy when he was in Japan. He wanted out of his father’s plans. He doesn’t want to hurt her. He obviously loves her and he can say his feelings with such certainty. His first days in Japan were unproductive, in terms of work. He arrived there and had many things scheduled but he wanted to call Suzy first and he did. Unfortunately, the wrong number was given to him. He felt sad because he thought that Suzy gave him the wrong number. He just couldn’t believe that she’ll do that because she looked like she had so much fun during that lunch that they had before he left. He didn’t know what to do and he couldn’t concentrate on anything work-related. Thus, he wasted two whole days trying to type random numbers which may lead him to Suzy’s real number. He doesn’t know what he will say to her and he also knew that he can’t just ask her why she gave him the wrong number but still he continued what seems to be as the endless random number dialling in the world. After almost 50 phone calls made, he dialled another one for the nth time. He recalled how the first lines of their conversation went.

 

“Hello?” She said in a very flat tone.

 

“Is this Suzy? Did I call at a wrong time?” He asked worriedly because it seemed as if she doesn’t really want to talk to him. But his mood was lifted up when he heard her speak again.

 

“Yes, it’s me. It really is not a wrong time but I’m actually with my friends now having dinner. Have you eaten?” She asked him.

 

And they talked about random stuff in such short time and he was happy to know that she went out with friends, though he was quite worried when he heard her say guy friends and he already knew that Junho was one of them. He was scared that she’ll be hurt by him again. But she sounded happy during their conversation and she even joked around, which was not typical of her .So he figured that she’s currently doing good.

 

After that conversation, he made up his mind. He will be true to Suzy and sincerely love her with all his heart. She was the one who changed him completely. He can clearly feel that he isn’t the same old guy that he is. He started to care about people, he doesn’t want to play with many women like before and he now knows the meaning of love. And he can also feel that she had caused a change in her as well, he wasn’t sure how exactly but he knew that a part of her has changed when the two of them started getting closer with each other. He was still sitting on the bench and he picked up his phone and dialled her number. She didn’t answer the call.

 

 ’She’s probably training right now. I shouldn’t bother her. It’d probably be better if she didn’t know that I’m already home. I’ll fix this by myself and tell her once I’ve sorted things out.’ He thought of this and went straight to the parking lot where Manager Jung was waiting for him.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

At the school...

IU was walking on her way to hurdles practice and as she normally does, she passed by the school gym. However, there seems to be a commotion in there which is something very unusual. She wanted to look what it was about but she was almost late for practice so she ignored it and only got a hint of what it was about when two volleyball players passed by her chatting.

 

The girl with the long hair and nice legs said, “Jooyeon is so lucky! Her injury doesn’t seem severe but the new and very hot and handsome physical therapist attended to her immediately. Oh my! Have I mentioned how hot and handsome he was?”

 

Then the other girl answered, “You’re so right, UEE! I wonder if that man already has a girlfriend. Hmm, I’m sure he has one because no one would let him pass like that.”

 

Then the girl named UEE spoke again, “Lizzy, don’t say that! He’s single and I know that because he’ll soon be mine.”

 

The two girls started giggling and walked past IU. She then thought, ‘So these girls are acting like that because of a hot and handsome physical therapist? I wonder if he looks anywhere near Mr. Woo. Not that I find him hot and handsome. Hmm. Why am I thinking of him again? I shouldn’t do that to Teacher Yoon-hee. I have to stop this, seriously.’ Then she accidently looked at her watch and she is now officially late so she rushed to the field.

 

When she came there, Coach Ahn was already starting to give instructions. And he was interrupted when she arrived.

 

“Miss IU, I suppose you have a great reason for being late?” He asked.

 

“I’m sorry sir. My class ended a bit late.” She lied. And she bowed her head and tried apologizing a few more times. Coach Ahn directed her to sit together with the other girls.

 

Coach Ahn continued talking, “As I was saying earlier, the competition will be in 2 months. As I see from your training, most of you will fare enough against the other schools but we cannot stop with that. You’ll be sure to have a great match with those other girls but I’m not sure if we can already win against them. We all know that our program started later than theirs so an improvement in practice doesn’t mean winning the whole thing. Please do not be comfortable with where you are. We will just resume the training from the previous sessions. We’ll time you as you run and we’ll try to improve on your current records. Start your warm-ups.” With that said the coach left and girls started their stretching exercises. IU was doing the exercise quietly when she heard the other girls talking again about the new school PT.

 

“Have you seen him? The new PT? He’s so cute. I’m really happy to see someone new in this school. For sure, many girls are interested in him.” One said.

 

“I agree with you. It’s been so long since we had an inspiration as hot and handsome as him. Father Siwon was a priest so I’m always shy to approach him.” Another girl giggled.

 

“You’re right and we were happy when doctor Chansung came but he was already with nurse Seohyun and though it was heartbreaking, they do look good together so we had to accept it. And now the new PT, I’m so excited to talk to him. I do hope he’s single.” One explained.

 

“I think he’s not single because he’s always holding his phone when inside the clinic.” Another girl butted in.

 

IU was really getting curious as to the identity of the new school physical therapist. She continued the stretches but also listened to the other girls as they talk. Everyone suddenly turned silent when the scary coach came back.

 

So the training started, they were running and many have been improving their records. The coach seemed satisfied with all the girls’ hard work and was seen smiling at the girls, the one thing he doesn’t do very often. So everyone was in a happy mood when an accident occurred. Jiyeon was one of the fastest girls in the bunch and she was still trying her hardest to have an improved record. She trip over one of the hurdles as a huge wind blew over her. It seems as though she sprained her ankle as she mistimed her jump. Suddenly, almost all the girls started raising their hands and wanting to bring Jiyeon to the clinic. The coach doesn’t want the other girls to stop from training and since he saw that IU was the most uninterested person to bring Jiyeon to the clinic, he pointed to her and called her.

 

“IU, go and help Coach Yoon bring Jiyeon to the clinic.” He said.

 

“But I’m next in line. Let the other girls who have finished help Coach Yoon.” IU answered back and she heard that the other girls were making noises though she was unsure whether it was because they liked her suggestion or because they think she’s too irritating for not wanting to go to the clinic. Either way, she really didn’t care and she couldn’t do anything as well because she was already late and she should follow Coach Ahn’s orders. So she went on and assisted bringing Jiyeon to the physical therapy clinic. Coach Yoon left them there and they were asked to wait outside the clinic because the “new PT” was still in the gym attending to another injured volleyball player. Upon hearing this, IU wasn’t able to control herself and reacted even when Jiyeon can hear her.

 

“They really wanted to get injured just to have an interaction with the new physical therapist? Who wants to be in pain in exchange of talking to that person.” IU said.

 

“So, I guess you haven’t seen him?” Jiyeon asked her.

 

“Yeah, I haven’t. But I still don’t think he’s that great. I’m sorry. I suppose you’ve seen him. How was he?” She asked back.

 

“Well, what everyone says is true. All the things you’ve heard clearly characterizes the man.” Jiyeon said and she seemed to have blushed.

 

IU noticed this and said, “Don’t tell me you also get yourself injured on purpose?”

 

“Of course not! It really was the wind that blew which made my jump late. It was unfortunate to be injured like this. I hope it isn’t severe. I really want to compete.” Jiyeon said.

 

The two continued chatting about things related to the competition and another half-hour passed and the PT hasn’t come yet. Then, IU saw a familiar figure walking from afar. And this figure is walking near them. Jiyeon was given ice to put on her sprained ankle and she was still holding it like mad for the past half-hour but when she saw the person coming, her face flashed the best smile it could produce.

 

A few steps away from them, IU already figured who the person was. She tried bowing her head down because she knew that she’ll just embarrass herself when he gets near them. She wondered what he was doing here. Probably visiting Teacher Yoon-hee and she thought ‘Right, forget him. He’s with Teacher Yoon-hee already!’

 

When he came, IU was staring at him once again. He didn’t notice her at first because his focus was centered on the girl beside her. “Have you waited for too long? I’m so sorry I had to attend to the girls of the volleyball team. How’s your foot?” Jiyeon was about to answer when IU was finally noticed. “IU?” He asked

 

To which she answered shyly, “Hi, mister!”

 

“I told you don’t call me that again. I’m Woo, okay? Let’s cut the chat and treat your friend over here.” He smiled and assisted Jiyeon inside the clinic.

Jiyeon was trying to suppress her smile and her face from blushing as well but she was still able to give IU  a you-have-to-tell-me-about-this look.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Sorry for the short update. I had exams for the past 2 weeks so I haven't been able to write anything, I posted this short one for all of you but I am currently working on another chapter. I hope to finish and post it a bit later or maybe tomorrow. thanks for staying with me guys! Enjoy. :D