Chapter 4

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

After they ate, the three friends walked to the shore. After finding a small area with rocks where they can sit, they started talking because being nine years apart meant they have a lot of catching up to do.

 

“So, how have you been? We heard you’ve finished school as well. We’re so proud of you!” Suzy said.

 

“Thanks a lot. I’m not sure how it happened as well but the thing that I’m sure of is that we’re going to stop moving from place to place and running. Soon.” Junho replied with seriousness in his face.

 

“Who were you running from?” Suzy asked very engaged in the conversation while Wooyoung was just there listening to his friend.

 

“I don’t know. We always move but we never ran away from people. I’m kind of scared but I suppose dad knows what he is doing so I’ll just let it be.” Junho sadly replied. “Enough about me and my sad stories. Tell me your stories. Suzy I heard you’re very famous in the area now and you have great singing and dancing skills?” He said to Suzy and before the blushing girl answered, he directed a question to Wooyoung. “And buddy, I’ve heard Aunt was pushing you for an arranged marriage? What was that about?” He amusedly asked.

 

”I WAS part of an arranged marriage. It’s all in the past. I don’t see myself marrying either. Not that I don’t like girls or anything but since there’s just mother and me in this world, I’d prefer taking care of her. You know? Taeyeon’s a nice girl and I really am attracted to her but I guess I’m not yet ready for that and I also want to work in the city. As I have said, it’s all in the past now. She’s migrated to America. She got a scholarship there. We try to keep in touch, though.” Wooyoung seriously answered.

 

Junho looked at his buddy and was surprised with how mature he has been. Junho remembered him to be a playful boy and just jokes around at any given time. He was shocked that Wooyoung turned out to be the quiet and serious person he’s talking to right now. He probably has gone through a lot in those nine years or could it be that he loved and lost Taeyeon at the same time?

 

“They even went to the city together. He didn’t even tell me. I got him back for that by telling Taeyeon’s parents. Ha!” Suzy proudly bragged to Junho.

 

“If you weren’t such a big mouth!” Woo replied but he isn’t annoyed anymore. The serious mood was gone. And he followed it up by teasing Suzy, “And who was this one person waiting for my buddy here...” he pat Junho’s back and continued “... to come back and bugs me to call him every single day?” Woo laughed.

 

“What are you talking about? Didn’t you miss him? 9 years was a long time. You know?” Suzy’s face was so red but she managed to answer back to Wooyoung.

 

“Don’t mind him. He’s a lonely person. And by the way, I’ve missed both of you so much too! I really thought about coming back here again.” Junho said.

 

“We’re happy you’re back. I’m happy you’re back.” Suzy said softly.

 

“Is it my cue to leave now? Are you going to tell him how you feel? That’s my girl!” Woo teased and Suzy’s face became even redder.

 

“Buddy, stop teasing our little sister here. She’s already blushing really hard.” Junho said, trying his hardest to control his laugh.

 

Suzy got mad after hearing Junho’s statement. She loved him for years and she longed for the moment she’ll see him again. She grew to become a lovely woman and she wanted Junho to see her in a different light. She saw him again now and she just loved him even more. She will do anything for him and eventually get her feelings for him recognized.

 

“You two are mean. You haven’t changed a bit! And by the way, I’m not your little sister. I’m leaving!” She said and immediately walked out on the two boys.

 

“What’s wrong with her? We’re just fooling around.” Junho shockingly asked.

 

“You’re really clueless huh?” Wooyoung meaningfully said. Before continuing, “Maybe it’s that time of the month for her. You know women are seriously hormonal.”

 

“Okay. Let’s talk to her tomorrow. It’s time to go home already. Let’s go.” Junho said.

 

The two left the beach and headed home. Junho couldn’t be any happier. Little did he know that their lives are about to encounter a huge turn soon.

 

Meanwhile, in a mansion in the city...

“What do you mean, there’s a code? This can’t be happening!” exclaimed a huge man in his forties.

 

“Mr. Kang, calm down. We weren’t sure of it yet and we had assigned our best people to try and figure this out. We just found out about this a few days ago and we weren’t convinced that this code cannot be cracked so we didn’t report it to you immediately.” said Manager Jung.

 

“And what does that make me? How am I your boss if you’re keeping important information like this from me?” The man exclaimed angrily.

 

“I’m so sorry sir. It will never happen again.” Mr Jung said looking down the floor. He knew his boss is scary but he has never seen this side to him before. He was so angry upon hearing that his uncle’s last will and testament was locked in a safe with an unbreakable code so far.

 

Kang Hodong knew his uncle would probably give most of his wealth to Mira but he knew he was about to get something as well. After all, he was the one who took care of his uncle during his last days of life while rebellious daughter Mira was out there with her inadequate husband. His phone rang and he immediately took the call.

 

“It better be good news.” He said.

 

“Sir, we lost them at the train station!” a bodyguard anxiously said.

 

“What do you mean you lost them? You’ve been following them for years?! Don’t stop looking for them. Don’t even eat or sleep. Do everything you can to locate those two. And be sure to call me when you find them. I have a tougher job for you.” He said before hanging up the phone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'll be continuing this in a later timeline. So hyoyeon will be appearing soon and lots of characters as well. Enjoy.