Chapter 16

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

“Hey, teacher with the long hair, get off of my Yoon-hee!” Hyoyeon heard the gardener say. She didn’t want to get up first. She seemed to like the kiss. She feels as if she’s going to hell now. ‘Who likes being kissed by a person of the same ? I’m going to burn in hell for this. I have to erase this thought now!

 

Hyoyeon immediately stood up, moved to the side and turned her back from them. She placed her fingers on her lips and wondered if the other people around noticed her liking it. She turned to them, looked at Yoon-hee dreamily for just a few seconds and said, “Gross!!! I just kissed another girl. I just kissed you! Oh God! I couldn’t believe this.”

 

“Yah! You were the one who kissed my Yoon-hee?! How could you say such mean things? I’ve been dreaming about kissing her the first time I laid my eyes on her.” Kwon interrupted as he looked at Hyoyeon with disgust. Then he looked at Junho and said, “My dear Yoon-hee, don’t mind this weirdo! She might just found you attractive too, just like how I felt when I first saw you.” Kwon then looked away as if he was reminiscing.

 

Junho stared at him in disbelief then thought, ‘Talk about creepy! Dreaming of kissing me? Is he serious?’ He then turned to Hyoyeon. She was saying that she was grossed out by what just happened but Junho feels otherwise. First of all, it didn’t seem like she wanted to get off of him earlier as they accidentally kissed. Second, he was sure he saw her blush. For his third and final point, and again he was sure he wasn’t imagining but he saw her looked at him with those y eyes before she had the outburst and now continuing argument with Kwon.

 

His thoughts were lost when he heard them bickering again. Junho heard Kwon said, “I’m sorry to be disrespectful but from now on, please stay away from my woman!” To which Hyoyeon replied with, “Why would you say such things to me?! What happened was just an accident. Don’t take these things seriously! Yoon-hee doesn’t even seem to care so stop making a big deal out of it. ” She then turned to Junho.

 

Junho was getting alarmed by Hyoyeon stares. He was aware of it before but after that kiss, he’s now scared that he might just admit that he has already fallen for her. But he still ignores all the thoughts and feelings he’s been having because he really can’t afford to have any distractions as of now. He looked at Hyoyeon and said, “Of course, it doesn’t matter. I mean, it was embarrassing but it was really an accident. I agree that we shouldn’t make it a big deal.” He paused, looked at Kwon and said to him, “And just to make it clear, I am not anybody’s woman! Okay?!” He then started walking to the dormitory’s direction. And before Hyoyeon was able to follow him, Kwon gave her his I’m-watching-you stare, which she just ignored.

 

There really is no point in this. I clearly just acted defensive over there by arguing with that gardener. I’m really not good at hiding how I really feel but I have to overcome that now because if I don’t I’ll lose my job. Maybe I haven’t been kissed for a long time that’s why I feel as if I like it. In reality, I will not really like to be kissing any person of the same . Most especially Yoon-hee.’ Hyoyeon was having these thoughts when Junho lightly pushed her. “What now?” She asked.

 

“We’re here at the dormitory. Where exactly is my room?” Junho asked in a slightly higher tone. He was thinking that if he acts as if he’s irritated on her, she’ll also reveal that she hates him and they can both live their lives separately. Well, that was what he thought.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry! So, shared rooms are slightly bigger so it is placed on the second or third floors. You’re in a single room so yours is here on the first floor.” She said this while leading him to a hallway on the left side of the house. She stopped in front of a door which Junho perceive as his new room.

 

“Here it is.” Hyoyeon said to him.

“Thanks. I can take care of myself now.” He said.

 

Hyoyeon left and Junho entered the room. It was a nice place even though small. The single bed was placed in one corner and beside it was a study table with a lampshade on top. He lied down on the bed and tried getting a feel of it. It was comfortable and on any given day, he could easily sleep in this room. Well, probably just not today because as he attempted to close his eyes, all he can think of was Hyoyeon. Everything about her, most especially that kiss they shared earlier. No one will believe it but it was his first kiss. And he can just say now that it was the best first kiss ever. All his life, he was travelling from place to place with his father and though he liked many girls, he didn’t even bother asking them out because he knew that any moment; he’s going to run away. He even had this small thing for Suzy when they were young but after hanging out so much with her and Wooyoung, he realized that he needed a friend more than anything else so he decided to burn those small feelings and viewed her as his best friend and little sister from that moment on. That’s why it kind of bothers him that they were growing apart. Just when his mind was already forgetting Hyoyeon, he accidentally touched his lips and remembered how good that kiss was. He stayed that way until he heard his phone alarm, which just signalled that he still has another class. So he stormed away from his new room hoping to be able to forget his first kiss because it will clearly not help him with his mission.

 

-------------------------------------

 

At the entertainment agency...

 

Suzy was seen staring at space when her friends approached her.

 

“Hey! Your mind seems to be used to travelling all over the world, huh?” Min said.

 

“No, I was just using my break wisely. Haha. Unlike you two who always run around the practice room” She tried joking and hoped that her friends believed it.

 

“You’re really great! You just passed the wrongdoing to us. Seriously, try to have fun with us. Let’s have dinner later.” Fei asked her.

 

Suzy was already thinking of saying yes when Jia entered the room and shouted her name from the door. “Suzy!!! Some cute boy is looking for you outside.” This statement made all the people from the room focus their attention on her. “Don’t make him wait. Go down now. We’ll tell the instructor that you’ll be out for a bit.” She heard Fei say as Min pushed her to the door.

 

As she got out of the room, the other girls looked at the window and saw Yoseob standing beside his car.

 

“Look at that ambitious girl. Flirting with the very rich Mr. Kang again.” Said one of the girls, To which another one agreed and replied with, “What did he see in her anyways?” Others continued talking and said “Are they going out now? He was not seen here for a long time and now he’s visiting again?” “She’s still a trainee and she’s flirting with boys already.”

 

When Min, Jia and Fei heard the other girls say this, they all retorted with, “You girls, don’t say mean things to her just ‘cause you’re jealous. That’s not a nice attitude for trainees like us.” Upon hearing this, all the other girls moved away. Suzy didn’t know that she was lucky to have found new and very loyal friends.

 

Suzy was going down the stairs, after hearing that a cute boy visited her, she was thinking it could be Woo or Junho. She wanted it to be Junho because they haven’t talked after that lunch time confrontation that they had. But she knew that Junho will not show up looking like his true self in this place. At least not yet. And she seemed to be not so important to him to risk himself being seen. She was hurt again. She wanted all the pain to go away. Before her final steps to the stairs, she said, “If Junho was the one looking for me, I’ll confess to him right this very moment.” She stopped at the entrance of the building and saw a familiar figure standing beside a car. It was neither Junho nor Wooyoung. She felt a bit bad because she really wanted to confess now. And seeing that it wasn’t Junho, she thought that it maybe wasn’t the right time for that because it might only make things worse for them. So at that moment, before going out to talk to the mister, she decided to push away her feelings for Junho. She had also made up her mind. She’ll confess to him when he finds his sister. She then walked to where her visitor was standing.

 

“We meet again, mister.” She said with a smile. She doesn’t know why he was here but after what he did to her or should she say, what he did not do to her, she should at least show respect and politeness for the man. She just smiled because she really can’t remember the man’s name.

 

“You still don’t recall my name? Are you serious? We already spent a night together and you don’t know who I am? My name’s Kang Yoseob. I don’t know how many times I’ll introduce myself to you...” Yoseob said, trying to make the air around them lighter. He was tensed. He didn’t want to show himself to her again after what happened at that hotel room, after she broke his heart and after she changed from being a toy into someone who he has fallen for. He recalled that as he went to the office feeling very hurt that day, he was relieved when he got a call saying that he’ll be sent to China for a while due to a series of meetings. It was like a wish come true because he wanted to be sent to another country or anywhere far away for him to forget this girl but he just can’t do it. He has a flight  to China in  a few hours in search for his peace of mind but what he did instead of going straight to the airport, he came to the agency and is now talking to the person he was wanting to avoid so bad.

 

“Sir, please don’t say that we spent a night together. People might hear you. I haven’t started a career yet and you’re going to ruin me already.” She said worried that someone heard what Yoseob said.

 

“Call me by my name first and then I’ll stop.” Yoseob demanded even after seeing her that worried.

 

“Okay, Yoseob. Just stop it. Please.” She begged.

 

“Alright. I’m sorry for making you worried. I just came to ask you to have lunch with me.” Yoseob finally said.

 

“I still have training for the whole day. I think I have to pass.” She declined his offer.

 

“Well, I knew you’d say that and I happen to know some people from the agency so I asked their permission for you to go out for a while. They already said yes, so I guess we can go now?” He said.

 

Suzy was thinking of any excuse she can give right now. Her brain seemed to stop for the moment and she can’t think of anything to say to him. She looked at him and was about to say some horrible reason when he spoke before her, “Before declining my offer again, I have two things to say. First, I’ll be leaving for China in a few hours and I’ll be gone for a bit. So, this will probably be the last time we’ll talk in a few months. And the other thing is a story...” He paused, looked at her, smiled then continued with what he was saying. “...There was this girl I saved from drunk men at a bar one time, she was really drunk and was jumping at every men she saw. I let her sleep at a nice bed then when she woke up and I remembered her saying that she owes me. I wonder if this could be the time for her to repay me.” He stopped again. He was controlling his laugh because he saw that Suzy’s face was already so red. He wanted to see her in such a situation so he continued. “I wasn’t even sure but I felt like she kissed me here” He pointed at his lips because he wanted to even more.

 

Suzy couldn’t take it anymore; she knew how red her face had turned. She realized that she doesn’t have anything more to lose if she eats lunch with him because he already saw her at her worst. Besides, she does owe him and maybe it really is the right time to repay him. So she took Yoseob’s hand from his lips and placed it in his cheeks, she then said, “I think that’s where she kissed you. Just wait for me here and I’ll get my things. Tell me where we’re going later and it better be a nice place to eat.” With one last smile, she ran back to the building to get her stuff.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Back at the school...

 

Junho went back to his room because he still has an hour break before his final class of the day. He went there to fix his things but as he arrived, he was shocked to see his room full of white and red rose petals. He almost screamed when he heard someone singing from outside of the window. He went out to look who was singing and he wanted to throw something at that person upon figuring out who it is... He managed to stop himself then the serenade finished and the person walked to the window.

 

“My dear Yoon-hee? Did you like it? I hope you loved my surprise. I made this all for you. The song I sang was also made for you.” Kwon said with his smile reaching from one ear to the other.

 

“Excuse me? You’re starting to really piss me off.” Junho said as he started to get agitated by the persistence of Kwon.

 

“No. Don’t get mad at me my dear! I really planned for this. I wanted to surprise you.” Kwon’s expression was starting to change. He already noticed that the person of his affection does not like whatever special things he has prepared.

 

“What will make you stop this? I don’t want to ignore you. You seem nice but you really are starting to annoy me.” Junho said again.

 

“Well, you’re single and I like you. I really do. I’ve never been this serious in my life. I hope you accept me.” Kwon confessed with all his heart.

 

“I can’t deal with you. I still have a class. Please clean all of this because I want to get my old room back. Thanks.” Junho said as he left. Kwon just stared as he walked away.

 

Junho still had to wait for a long while before his next class so he decided to go to the garden and sit at the bench. “Single? Is he really serious? People at this school are making me crazy!” He covered his face with his palms then he heard a girl’s voice speaking.

 

“What’s troubling you, Miss Yoon-hee? Am I included in the persons who make you crazy at this school?” It was IU who was speaking.

 

“You do not have a class?” Junho asked.

 

“I was supposed to have my hurdles training today but Coach Ahn called and said he’d be a bit late so I have to wait for him. So, what’s your problem?” IU replied.

 

“Oh, so you’ve decided to continue with the hurdles training, huh? I thought you said it wouldn’t help in your dream? So I guess some determined people really change their minds.” He said.

 

“Well, my mom and sister really wanted me to do this and I promised myself that I will never disappoint them so here I am, waiting for my coach. But enough about me, some huge thing seems to be really troubling you? Would you mind sharing?” She asked.

 

“First of all, you’re a kind sister and daughter. And about my troubles, I was just pissed at the gardener, Kwon, if you know him? He was really friendly when I first met him. But apparently, he had other intentions and I don’t even like him in that sense, he just confessed to me. It was weird.” Junho explained.

 

“What’s weird or wrong with that? The person just liked you, why stop him? Do you have a boyfriend or something? ‘Cause if you don’t, you can’t just ignore him like that. Some people just can’t choose who they like. Sometimes, it just occurs naturally that you see a person and eventually have even the slightest feeling for him even if you try to deny.” IU said. She was unaware that she started staring into some place far away when she got to the middle of her speech.

 

Junho had the feeling that this student/friend of his just started to like someone. So he decided to and maybe, she’ll tell him everything. “So, you really changed a lot? How long has it been since we last saw each other? A few days? Weeks? What have you been up to? Who are you meeting?”

 

“No. I haven’t changed and I haven’t been meeting anyone. I think I have to go. Coach Ahn will arrive in a bit. It was nice talking to you. See you around!” She said and she ran as fast as she could to get away from Junho.

 

As Junho stared at her from afar, he reflected on what the girl said, “Comes naturally, seeing a person then have different feelings? Wow. Those are deep words. How did she manage to say that? The last time I talked to her, she was all about not ruining her dreams by meeting with some boy... What type of person could have made this change on my young friend? I wonder. Anyways, even if she’s right, I can’t just accept Kwon because he’ll eventually know that I am not who I say I am. That would cause a huge fiasco and I can’t afford that. I have to think of a way.” And just as he said this, his phone rang and when he looked at who it was, he thought that he may have just found the solutions to his Kwon problems...