Chapter 25

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Suzy was once again staring at her phone. She had this habit ever since that one missed call she got from Yoseob. She was training at that time so she wasn’t able to answer her phone. She tried returning the call back but the guy doesn’t answer anymore. She wasn’t this paranoid with any of her other friends, well, except for Junho and Wooyoung. ‘Is he mad? Did he already come back?’ These thoughts often linger in her mind and at times, even distract her from training. She’s trying real hard to conceal it but she feels something for that guy. She doesn’t even know when it started because she really fancied Junho for the longest time in her life but she thinks that their breaking apart from each other is the cause of her confusing feelings. She is now sitting on her room beside the window switching her gaze from her phone to the brightly-lit stars in the night sky. She was then disturbed by Wooyoung who passed by as he was going to his room. The other guy then started the conversation.

                                                                       

“No training for tomorrow? Why are you staying up this late?”

 

“I don’t have training for the next couple of days so I have the luxury of pondering about things before I sleep. And you should stop talking like that, you sound like my dad.” Suzy said as she tried faking a laugh.

 

“What’s wrong? And please don’t deny anymore. Just spill it.” He commanded.

 

“Yaaah! You’re becoming like Junho, starting to get hormonal and all emotional on me...” She said as she laughed then decided to continue immediately after seeing the annoyed look on her friend’s face. “...well, I’m having guy troubles. I don’t even know if I should talk about this with you but I don’t have anyone else to talk to so, yes, we’re going to have this conversation.”

 

“Guy problems? I thought you’re giving yourself a break from Junho?”

 

“Do you remember when I had one of my usual arguments with Junho and I got out of the house, did not come home and then you had that accident and I wasn’t able to tend to you immediately?” The guy nodded and she continued talking. “So, I was crying the whole time after I ran out and I decided to go to a bar and drink. I was a total mess and one guy saved me from the drunken men from the bar. He brought me to some hotel and we had a drink there...” She paused to which the other guy butted in.

 

“Who’s that guy? I bet he took advantage of you because you were wasted. I better call Junho now and search for that bastard.” Wooyoung said fuming with anger as he was taking out his phone from his pocket.

 

Suzy stopped him and said “No! Don’t call Junho and please let me finish first, okay? It’s as if my father wasn’t dead and he’s talking with me right now. Stop acting like a dad, okay?” Suzy said as she laughed so hard before continuing her story. “So where was I? Hmmm. Right, so I was drinking with that guy and the following morning, I woke up in the hotel with my sweater off and some of my blouse’s buttons left open. I was already panicking but I realized that aside from that, I was still fully clothed. I immediately went out of that place and went straight home only to find out about you getting that terrible accident.”

 

“So, who’s the guy?” Wooyoung asked.

 

“I’ll tell you in a bit. So since that night, the guy kept showing up at the agency and even asked me out for lunch and then we became friends in an instant. We got really close and since I was having this falling apart thing from Junho, I always look for that guy because he always makes me laugh. And now, I think I kinda like him...” Suzy stopped.

 

“So if you like him, what’s the problem now?” Wooyoung said. “Oh wait! You haven’t told me who this guy was.”

 

“He’s the guy that visited me that same day saying he was working with me at the agency. There are still two things I have yet to solve apart from my growing feelings for him. One is that, after going to China, he hasn’t called or contacted me in any way. I’m starting to get troubled by that. It’s been weeks! And he called me one time but I was training and wasn’t able to answer. He hasn’t called me since then.” She said with a sad face.

 

“Calm down. The guy’s probably busy or maybe thinks you’re focusing on training that’s why he hasn’t been bothering you. Just wait okay?” He said before continuing with, “... So what’s the other problem?”

 

“I’m quite sure I like Yoseob. But somehow I also feel that I still have feelings for Junho as well. Am I turning into an adulterer or something?” She said which make the other guy burst into laughter. “Yaaaah!! Stop laughing! I’m serious.”

 

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. That’s actually not adultery or whatever you might call it. You’re probably just plain confused. That can happen. What I can tell you would be this, sort out whatever feelings you may be having for both and after some time thinking, you’ll definitely know to whom your heart really beats for.” Wooyoung adviced.

 

“Wow, that’s deep!” Suzy said with amazement in her eyes.

 

“I know!” Wooyoung bragged before asking the other girl to sleep. “Go to sleep now, your skin will turn wrinkly if you stay up later than this time. Let’s talk tomorrow. I’ll be going now.” He last said before leaving Suzy’s room.

 

---------------------------------------

That same night, Yoseob was tossing and turning in bed. He laid down a couple of hours ago but sleep just won’t occur to him. He’s been home for quite some time now but he hasn’t contacted Suzy yet thinking that he should talk to his father first. But the thing is, just as he came back, his dad had an immediate trip to London because of business and he wasn’t able to talk to him at all. And now he’s been trying so hard to do well at his presentations to the board of directors in the company but he’s failing at it because of his lack of sleep. He can’t focus and he keeps thinking about so many things all at one time. He tried asking for more time from the board to get his act together but the last chance they gave him would expire tomorrow. And it’s almost midnight now and he still hasn’t gotten any sleep. He still needs to prepare for his presentation so he has to focus real hard for them to not lose the investors. On this night, he finally decided that if he couldn’t talk with his father tomorrow, he’ll contact Suzy and see what happens from there. He shut his eyes with so much force until he got tired doing it and eventually went to sleep.

 

Morning came and Yoseob woke up to a familiar but annoying womanly scent.

 

“Baby! You’re awake! Wanna go for a round?” She said as she smiled teasingly and walked slowly towards Yoseob’s bed.

 

“What are you doing here? How the hell did you get in?” He asked angrily. “Just go, Nana. I’ll be busying myself with work. I don’t have time for you.” He said with a stern voice and got out of bed put a shirt on and went out of his bedroom door.

 

Nana followed behind him and hugged him from the back. “What’s wrong baby? We were happy, right? I promise I won’t bring up meeting you’re father again. I don’t even care if I see him or not. I just want us to get back together.” Nana managed to say in between sobs.

 

Yoseob turned around and held her shoulders, looking at her intently, he said “I know we were okay back then. But Nana, I wasn’t too serious about this relationship. I’m sorry. I guess that’s why I haven’t had thoughts of introducing you to father. I’m really sorry.”

 

The girl hugged him again and kissed him but he wasn’t responding to any of the girls’ advances. “Is there someone else?” She asked after breaking up from the kiss.

 

“Nana, I’m really sorry.” Yoseob said with a grim expression.

 

“You said, you were dating another girl. Is she the reason? Just tell me who that is and I swear I’m gonna destroy her.” She threatened.

 

“Nana, there’s no one. I’m sorry but you really have to leave. I have a presentation in a few hours time. Let’s talk again some other time when your head is a little bit clearer. Okay?” Yoseob said again and led her to the door.

 

When he was left alone, he tried calling his father first. But the secretary said his father will have a series of meetings for this day and he should probably call at a later time. He put the phone down and started working on his presentation.

 

Another hour later, he was prepared and readied himself before going to the office. Once there, the meeting/presentation started immediately. He was slowly starting to get his momentum when suddenly, his phone rang. He excused himself and took the call.

 

“Yoseob? You finally answered!! I was worried because you haven’t contacted me since that last time.” The girl on the other line said.

 

He knew at once that it was Suzy but he can’t talk to her yet. He still wasn’t cleared from his father’s plan and he doesn’t want to lie to her plus the directors in the company are waiting inside the board room for his presentation. He wasn’t able to answer and Suzy threw another question.

 

“Yah!! Why are you not answering?” Suzy said sweetly.

 

“I’m sorry I’m working.” Yoseob said and without even waiting for her response, he shut his phone off, went back inside the board room, apologized for the delay and continued his presentation. Little did he know that the girl on the other line got so hurt and was starting to cry right at that moment.

 

----------------------------------------

Sorry for this one. I know they’re not even my main couple but I just felt like I have to make them happy first so that I can focus on my other couples. Hahaha! I hope you’ll understand and see what I mean in the next chapters... I’m trying to write more chappies so that you won’t have to wait for so long... Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave your comments to tell me what you think of the updates...