Chapter 20

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Hyoyeon was lying in bed. She can hear her sister snore and was thinking how tired the other girl can probably be. She massaged IU’s leg so hard because she understood how tired her little sister was after being coerced to join the hurdles team because of their pushing. She secretly thanked the girl beside her because if not for her, Hyoyeon would probably be the one doing the things their mother wanted. Not that she wanted her little sis to suffer because if she sees her having a hard time, she’d probably be the first person to stop her from continuing the things causing her the difficulties. Hyoyeon knew at first how IU hated the idea of joining the team, she was a hundred percent sure that her sister thinks this could not help her in her dreams of becoming a doctor. Ever since IU started her training, Hyoyeon didn’t visit her but she secretly watched her sis train every single day. Before she started, she literally showed that she doesn’t want to be a part of the team. She wasn’t interacting with the other girls and just listened to Coach Ahn because he was a figure with authority over her. The girls were asked to do laps in the field and that was when she saw that IU was getting serious with it. The girl may be young but she’s very competitive and probably this characteristic of her was the one thing that made her like the sport. The passing days seemed like a very nice film to Hyoyeon. She was enjoying as she watched her sister perform great in the training and she even started talking to the other girls too. Hyoyeon was happy for her but at the same time scared that her little sister might get injured while doing this. She set aside that thought and promised to be just there for her always and support her in this new endeavour she was entering. Which brings Hyoyeon in this place, lying in the bed beside her sister. She recalled the things that happened before they got home. How they saw Woo in the school, his relationship with Yoon-hee and her sister’s ‘supposed’ friendship with her roommate/enemy. Everything happened really fast. It was such a blur when Yoo-hee entered the scene. She was happily chatting with Woo giving him a job offer. Then Yoon-hee came with that scary expression of hers as she stormed in on them and asked how they all knew each other.

 

Was she jealous? I was just clearly conversing with Woo. There shouldn’t be any problem. I do hope there will be no more problems in the future because she might treat me coldly again. Aaaaish! Why am I so bothered with her? I could just focus on about anything else most especially sleeping and here I am bothering myself with my roommate.’ She thought. She turned and looked at the clock on the bedside table and saw that it was almost 1:30am and she hasn’t sleep yet. There may be no classes because it’s the weekend but she still has a lot of lesson plans to finish. She closed her eyes and prayed so hard for her to fall asleep.

 

---------------------------------

 

Junho was lying on his bed staring at the ceiling and he was thinking of the events of the previous day. When Wooyoung arrived at the school, he felt as if he was saved from another catastrophic event he was about to face. He didn’t mean to be rude but Kwon backing away is very nice news. He now has fewer problems to deal with. Another problem he seemed to have solved was Suzy’s mystery. She clearly seems to be seeing someone and Junho is really happy for her. The way her face lit up when she got the call, she has to tell them who this guy is because if he hurts her, Junho will be the first person to hunt him down. He didn’t bother himself thinking of what could be the previous problem of Suzy with him. It just makes his head ache. As of now, he doesn’t have any interest on the situation. He just believed that whatever it is, it’s something he will either know soon or not know about even if he dies. He was hoping for the former. But he really doesn’t care as long as he had his best friend back. It was nice being able to laugh with her after a long time.

 

Junho sat on the edge of the bed looking at his roommate’s empty bed. He didn’t expect to see an empty bed when he came home late. He was hoping to see her doing some crazy rituals and busying herself with lots of paperwork but seeing the empty bed made him a bit sad.

 

Maybe I already went overboard and seriously got into her nerves. She didn’t come back because she was probably pissed. Why did I act that way earlier? I think I scared her even more. What kind of person does she think I am? I want her to have a good view towards me but I guess I’ll never get that.’ He thought.

 

And as he was thinking this, he tried lying on his bed and shut his eyes but he can’t stop thinking of Hyoyeon. He can now admit to himself that he seriously like her because he was really jealous when he saw her bonding with Wooyoung. He can’t quit his act. Not yet. He likes her but they can never be together at his current state. It was almost 1:30 in the morning and his thoughts just kept wandering. He can’t do anything about it thus at this ungodly hour and in hopes of having a good night’s sleep, he found himself looking for Hyoyeon’s mat and doing the silly exercises he saw her did before.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

The following Monday...

Wooyoung was walking towards the bus station heading to where Junho works. With Hyoyeon’s help, he was able to ask for an appointment with the principal and though he was sorry that he had to lie to her, he can’t do anything but tell her that he wanted to surprise Yoon-hee that’s why he didn’t want her to tell him the truth. In reality, Wooyoung doesn’t know if his buddy will be happy if he works with him in the school. He finally figured out last night why Junho acted that way. Hyoyeon was the person he liked. Hyoyeon was the protagonist in Junho’s evil co-teacher stories, meaning, she was the person that he likes. Wooyoung can fully understand why he liked her. Hyoyeon was kind and pretty and has a very nice personality. After thinking these, he felt a bid sad for Junho because he can’t confess to her due to his current state, and that was why he needs to help him find the missing sister soon. He thought this and then rode the fist us that came.

 

Hours later,  

Junho was walking towards the canteen as he was about to get his snack. He passed by Kwon, who nodded to him and smiled. He smiled back. He was happy to have this happy atmosphere again. He also decided the previous night that he will not act badly towards Hyoyeon anymore. And so as not to made him have deeper feelings for her, he plans to just ignore her and be civil with her. He thinks this is a great plan and he was happy about it. At least he won’t be having that very bad attitude when it comes to her. He was walking and smiling at the students who greet him when he saw an unexpected familiar figure in the table near the middle of the room. He walked towards the person whose back is now facing him after the other person got some stuff that had fallen on the floor.

 

“Wooyoung?” He said. The person stood up and Junho confirmed that he was right. It was really his buddy. “So what brings you here? I though you didn’t want to show your face too much in this place because you can’t agree so much on the pretend thing?” He said again but just whispered the last part thinking that someone by the name of Kwon might hear him.

 

“Well, I intended this as a surprise and I guess you really seem surprised though I’m not quite sure if this is the good or bad type of surprise. Anyways, I came here not to be just your boyfriend but as the resident physical therapist.” Wooyoung explained.

 

“What?” Junho asked in disbelief. He wasn’t sure why he reacted that way and he’s also not sure what will happen with Wooyoung working in the school.

 

“Well, a friend told me that there was an opening position for the school’s PT because they plan to further the student’s inclination to sports. So I asked for an appointment and was able to talk to the principal earlier.” Woyoung said.

 

“So how did it go?” Junho asked.

 

“Well... I guess you have to see me every single day and be all lovey-dovey with me because I was accepted as the school’s PT.” Wooyoung said with a huge smile in his face and he also continued telling Junho how his interview with the principal went.

 

Wooyoung was walking nervously through the hallway. He wanted to get this job badly. And it would be really great to be able to help his buddy in his ‘mission’. He knocked at the principal office’s door and as he was asked to come in, he took a deep breath and entered the room.

 

He bowed and said, “Good morning principal. My name is Jang Wooyoung and I am applying for the position of your school’s physical therapist.”

 

The older woman smiled, asked him to sit and started asking him questions about his background in physical therapy.

 

“I have been stationed at various hospitals in our province before I moved here in the city. I also have some training in the sports side of physical therapy because I was one of the physical therapists who attended to the athletes in the annual inter-municipality summer sports festival in our province.” Wooyoung proudly narrated. It was really his best achievement after he passed the board exam and became a registered PT. And this was really his best story to tell to make the principal hire him. He was waiting for the old lady’s reaction and though she was smiling, Wooyoung couldn’t just believe that he will be accepted as easily as that. So he looked at her more intently and waited for some time as she looked again through his papers. Then she put it down and looked back at him and said, “Ok, Mr. Jang. Welcome to the school. You are now hired as the school’s physical therapist. You may start tomorrow.”

 

Upon hearing this, Wooyoung wanted to jump but he contained himself and smiled so hard that his jaws felt pain and said to the principal, “Thank you so much, ma’am. I promise I won’t disappoint you. Thank you again.” And with one last bow, he left the room and jumped so high when he was in the hallway. He is now complete. He has Taeyeon, his mother is healthy, his best friends are in good terms again and he now has a job. He decided to call Taeyeon to tell her about the good news.

 

“Hello?” Taeyeon said.

 

“Baby? How are you doing? It’s been a long time since we’ve talked. I’ve missed you.” Wooyoung said as he heard her voice on the other line. He was just excited to have talked to her after such a long time because both of them had been very busy.

 

“Oh! Woo. It’s you! I’ve missed you too. I missed hearing your voice. I’m doing fine. Well, aside from missing you so much, I just got promoted. I guess they find me hardworking because I always work overtime. But in reality, I always want to go back home but since I can’t I just try and pre-occupy myself with work.” She explained.

 

“Are you overworking yourself again? Baby, instead of doing that, just come home now and be with me, never leave my side. I don’t want to hear about you getting sick because of too much work. Or if ever you get sick, I’d love it if I am there to take care of you.” Wooyoung said with concern.

 

“That’s so sweet! But don’t say that because if you say such things, I might just pack my things here and go back home and be with you as you wanted. I seriously miss you more!” She said, touched.

 

“I’ll fetch you. Come home now. But seriously speaking, it would be great if you could at least visit me. I’d love to see you.” He said.

 

“I wish I’d find time to do so and I’ll inform you, I promise. So, how are you doing? Have you recovered from the injury? Does it hurt anywhere?” She asked.

“I’m doing good. Actually, the reason why I called you is because I will tell you about my newest job. I got accepted as the PT in the same school where Junho works. It would be really great because I can now help him in finding his sister.” Wooyoung explained.

 

“Wow, baby! That’s great news. You could help Junho too. But always be careful, okay? You’re making me worried every single day. Baby, I think I have to go now.” She said.

 

“But we haven’t talked in ages! Can’t you stay just a little more?” He said, begging.

 

“I want to but I really have to go. I have a scheduled meeting in a few minutes and I still have to prepare.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Ok, do good. I love you.” Wooyoung spoke but Taeyeon knew he was sad that their conversation had to be cut short. So she spoke again, “Baby, don’t be sad. I just have to do this. Okay, to make it up to you, I’ll ask permission from my boss and my parents as well to let me visit you there. Would that be okay?” She said.

 

Wooyoung’s face lit up just by thinking of Taeyeon coming back home. “Really? You’ll do that? That would not be okay, It will be great! I miss you. I love you. Do great. And call me, okay? Bye.” He said.

 

“Bye. I love you.” Taeyeon said before hanging up the phone.

 

Wooyoung’s spirit was just so high right now. He can’t call Junho to tell him the news yet because he still has a class. So, he went to the cafeteria and wait for Junho there.

 

He sat at one of the tables near the middle and ate the mushroom pasta he ordered. He was eating happily when he knocked down the fork and it fell under the table. He leaned down and got it when he heard somebody called his name. It was Junho.

 

“Buddy, I’m just thrilled to be working here ‘cause I can now help you.” Wooyoung said.

 

“Woo, don’t call me buddy. Other people might hear you. Remember, in this place, I am Teacher Yoon-hee!” Junho said to him.

 

“Oh! I’m so sorry. Actually, you’re not just Teacher Yoon-hee here. You’re also my baby, remember?” Wooyoung said, smiling naughtily.

 

Junho didn’t remember that and with that reminder, he thought he will have another problem. “Shoot! I forgot about that! SO, what are we gonna do? Are we going to pretend for like forever? That’d be great!” He said sarcastically.

 

“Are you mad? I’m hoping you’re not. We’ll settle this pretend thing okay? Let’s just not think about it yet.” Wooyoung said, trying to comfort his buddy who seemed to be unhappy about the latest turn of events.

 

“Okay. So when will you be starting?” Junho asked.

 

“The principal told me I can start tomorrow.” Wooyoung replied.

 

“Well, that’s great.” Junho said but it was very obvious that he meant otherwise.

---------------------------

 

I hope you guys don't find this crappy. I actually don't like it musch but I guess the WooTae shippers would dig some scenes here. And btw, please continue supporting and as an added spoiler, I'll be having something on the next chapters that the WooTae and WooHo shippers would like. LOL. please wait. thanks... :D