Chapter 26

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

When he was done with the surprisingly successful presentation, Yoseob called his father once again but the old man still wasn’t available to talk to him. At this point, he finds it very hard to restrain himself from calling Suzy. Definitely not after hearing her sweet voice saying that she was worried sick because of him. Yes, it was true that he can’t lie to her but he can’t also lie to himself. He wants to hear her voice, see her laugh, look at her pretty face and feel some sort of love. He stayed in his office still trying to call his father but when he got sick of it, he stood up, asked the secretary to cancel all his other appointments for the day and headed straight to his car, he’s going to Suzy right now.

 

------------------------------------------

After Yoseob shut the phone off, Suzy remained standing by the window, crying her eyes out. She finally realized to whom her heart beats for, as Wooyoung said last night. And she was wondering so hard why he was becoming cold to her. She thought he liked her, they’re always happy whenever they’re together and now she doesn’t even get to talk to him. Unknown to her, Wooyoung once again passed by her room and saw her bawling out. The guy went back to his room, took out his phone and called someone.

 

Junho was really planning to visit his “family” this weekend. He hasn’t seen Shinyoung for the longest time and his relationship with Suzy is still in a bit of blur. They’re not really okay but they’re not enemies after all. And after getting a call from Wooyoung, it bothered him a bit. He has to go home soon and try to figure out why his “other” little sister is crying her heart out. He went out in an instant with his change of clothes in a large bag. Once on the bus station, he went to change into his male clothes then rode a bus and got straight home.

 

Shinyoung was shocked after seeing him. She hugged him like crazy and though he had a hard time getting out of the hug, he was happy to meet his second mother after a long time. She was eating lunch with Wooyoung but Suzy was nowhere to be found. Wooyoung motioned that she was still in her room and hasn’t got out since the morning. He hasn’t eaten yet but he decided to prepare some food for her before going upstairs. When Junho got there, she was lying on the bed, in fetal position while still bawling out. He put the food tray on the table and went straight to her. He lay with her in the bed and hugged her.

 

“Suzy-yah! Why are you crying? What’s wrong? Tell me.” Junho said.

 

“It just hurts.” She managed to say.

 

“What hurts? What happened? Please don’t cry. It pains me to see you like this.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Why say sorry? You know what, you can tell me what’s wrong later. For now, please eat and regain your strength.” Junho begged.

 

Suzy turned her head sideways, signalling that she doesn’t want to eat. Junho understood and stayed quiet while giving Suzy a tight, reassuring hug. He was lying there for just half an hour but hearing his friend cry like that is so heartbreaking that it felt as if he was lying there for the longest time. He somehow knew that anything he would say would not help so he decided to keep his mouth shut and just stay by her side.

 

“Junho?” She said a little later.

 

“Yes. I’m still here. Do you feel any better now?” He asked.

 

“Yes. You want to know a secret?”

 

Junho nodded. “I fancied you for the longest time in my life.” Suzy said seriously.

 

This confession shocked Junho and he wasn’t able to say anything else besides a calm, “What?”

 

Suzy smiled faintly. “And I was hurting the whole time because I knew you liked someone else. Maybe that’s why we started growing apart from each other.”

 

These things are unknown to Junho and he’s requiring a longer time to digest everything that Suzy divulged right now. He then said, “I’m sorry.”

 

“Yah! You don’t have to say that. It’s not like you knew how I felt. And it doesn’t matter anymore. I guess.” She said unsurely.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, I FANCIED you...” with much emphasis on the past tense of the word.

 

“So, it’s over?” He asked.

 

“Kind of. I was able to get over you with the help of one guy but it seems like I was fated to have one-sided loves for the rest of my life. This other guy is just like you. He doesn’t seem to like me.” She shared.

 

“Tell me about it.” Junho curiously said.

 

So the time passed with Suzy sharing stories about Yoseob to Junho. Though he was relieved that this time, it wasn’t him who has put those tears on Suzy’s eyes, he still can’t forgive that guy for hurting her. Night time passed and Suzy came down for dinner. They tried to make her have fun as much as they can and after the meal, they let Suzy go to her room first and probably because of tiredness from crying all day, she was asleep in no time.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

When Yoseob thought going to Suzy’s house was a simple task, he was wrong. Since he only visited her home once and the consequent visits where in the agency, he did not know that they already transferred houses. He spent all afternoon asking around the neighbourhood if anyone knows where Suzy’s family transferred but no one really knew them personally so nobody had an idea. He was tired physically and emotionally from all of this so he texted Manager Jung for the latter to pull out strings and find out where Suzy is living right now. He was waiting on a highway. He pulled his car over about an hour ago and he’s still waiting for Manager Jung’s message. A few moments later, a text arrived telling him the exact location where Suzy lives. He started his car and sped up to the place indicated on his phone.

 

It was only 9PM but the lights on the place where Suzy supposedly lives are already off. Well, except for that faintly lit porch lamp. He was about to sleep in his car and wait for the morning because he has called Suzy and she wasn’t answering her phone now and he thought that she’s probably sleeping right now when he saw two guys drinking beer on the porch area. He knew that these two were Suzy’s childhood friends Wooyoung and, his cousin, Junho. He debated with himself whether he should greet them or not but he kind of wanted a drink so he went to approach the guys who were immersed in a very serious conversation.

 

“Hi. Good evening. I don’t know if you remember me but I’m Suzy’s co-worker, Yoseob.” He introduced himself.

 

The two guys looked at each other and the next sequence of events happened too fast before Yoseob’s eyes. He felt pain in his stomach and then stinging pain in his face. He tasted blood in his mouth and felt some more blood oozing from his nose. He left his eyes closed and he was waiting for his breathing to stop before he officially calls himself a dead person. Just then he heard an angel’s voice. But wait, the angel is crying. ‘Can angel’s cry?’ he thought. Then he felt sad because since there was an angel, it only means he’s dead and he wasn’t able to tell Suzy how he felt about her. Then the angel was caressing his face and calling his name in between sobs. ‘Wow! The angel knew my name.’ He thought.

 

“What did you do to him?! Is he dead? Oh my god! Why did you kill him? Yoseob? Do you hear me? Yoseob? Please don’t die!!!” He heard this and though it was hard, he managed to open his eyes. And there he saw Suzy, looking at him crying and shouting at the two other guys you saw earlier. “Don’t cry. I don’t want to see you cry. I’m fine. Really!” He said trying to convince her but who was he fooling he can’t even lift his arm, for sure he can’t stand up nor walk. But he tried his best to flash a bright smile and joke but she didn’t stop crying. Then you felt the two guys who inflicted pain on you, helped you stand up and brought you inside the house, to Suzy’s room in particular.

 

Yoseob was lying in the bed when he felt a soft hand cleaning the blood from his face. He knew it was Suzy’s and he held her hand before trying to speak. He wasn’t able to say anything understandable because of his current state when the girl said, “Why did you even come here? Look at what those goons did to you! Why are they even my friends! They’re stupid. Aish!” Yoseob can’t help but laugh at her statement. But he had a hard time doing that so she said, “Stop doing anything. You were badly beaten by those criminals. I never knew they were this strong. I’m so annoyed. Don’t try to talk, let’s save that for when you’ve regained your strength. Sleep for now.” She said. Yoseob gathered enough strength and said “I love you, Suzy.” before he fell asleep leaving the girl tending to his wounds smiling and giggling like crazy.

 

---------------------------------

I finally finished this couple’s story (just for now). So that means more chapters for my main couples. Hahaha! Once again, I’ll just say that I made them one of my couples in this story because I became fond of them after watching a certain variety show. I hope you understand. I tried doing this 2 chapters and I’ll try my very best to update again as soon as possible. Thanks for the support and please leave your comments if you have any!