Chapter 5

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

4 months later...

 

“I would like everybody to meet the newest member of our faculty, Teacher Lee Yoon-hee. Don’t give her a hard time. And I would like Teacher Hyoyeon to show her around. I’m leaving.” These words of Principal Oh sounded irritating to Hyoyeon. ‘Can this day get any better?’ she sarcastically thought to herself.  She loved showing new faculty members around school.  But this one’s different or maybe she just doesn’t like her much after the incident that occurred between them earlier.

 

Hyoyeon was running very hard because she forgot the examination papers in the teacher’s dorm.

 

“It’s all the stupid alarm clock’s fault. How can it be broken on exam week?! Aaaish...” She managed to say while catching her breath.

 

“Cursing in an all girls Catholic school huh?!” Hyoyeon heard someone talk from her back.

 

“Excuse me?” She said. She was already annoyed. And after hearing this stranger try to lecture her, she felt more irritated.

 

“I just think that you shouldn’t say such things around because the girls might hear you. By the way I’m...” the stranger’s introductions were cut off by Hyoyeon.

 

“You know what? I don’t give a damn to who you are. And maybe this is your lucky day because I am in a serious hurry and you wouldn’t have to deal with me. So I’ll leave you now to find other people who will listen to your lectures.” She said hurriedly before running again. She never felt this annoyed in her life.

 

Junho was surrounded by a lot of females, they were all welcoming him. He managed to look around and saw the only person not welcoming him. ’So Hyoyeon was the name of the girl who loves to curse. Is she still mad at me?’ He thought to himself. He thanked all the teachers who welcomed him before coming closer to Hyoyeon.

 

“I’m sorry about the incident earlier. I just thought we, as teachers, should serve as role models to our students.” Junho said.

 

“Ms. Yoon-hee, I would have loved to accept your apology if you weren’t giving me a sermon.” The once again annoyed Hyoyeon replied.

 

‘Why is she so mad? I have good intentions anyway. Women! They are all hormonal and short-tempered. If I do not have a purpose in this place, I could have left moments ago...’ Junho annoyingly thought to himself but thinking of his purpose again, he immediately smiled and faked being nice to Hyoyeon. “Fine. Again, I’m sorry for the things I’ve said earlier. Let’s start with a clean slate; I’m Lee Junho, the newest teacher in this school.” He said, offering his left hand for a handshake.

 

“Did you just say Junho? That is a guy’s name, right? I thought your name was Yoon-hee?” Hyoyeon asked one question after another.

 

Junho got confused then, at that instant, he saw his face in the mirror and he silently complimented Suzy for a job well done. His manly features were completely concealed by Suzy’s amazing makeover. He’s now sporting a shoulder-length hair, his previously flat-chest now has two mountains in it, he’s in a skirt, his face was completely covered with foundation and he’s even wearing a matching lip gloss. He recovered immediately by saying that Junho was the name of a close friend.

 

“Maybe a boyfriend huh?! Anyway, my name is Kim Hyoyeon. I’m sorry for my outburst earlier. I just didn’t start my day right, I apologize again.” She said and she shook Junho’s hand.

 

‘Wow. Such soft hands.’ Junho thought smiling to himself. He didn’t notice that the other teachers are staring at him because of the prolonged handshake. The mood got weird again before Hyoyeon broke it with a fake cough.

 

“I’m sorry...” Junho said, he blushed but he tried to suppress it and he continued, “...  Can you show me around campus now?”

 

“Sure. Let’s go” Hyoyeon said.

 

The two started walking the pathway leading to the school’s five-story twin buildings. The buildings were painted nicely and the various rooms are fully air-conditioned with limited number of chairs inside, making sure that every student will be monitored completely by their instructors. After viewing the classrooms, they went to the gym, dance studio and covered court. Even if this school caters to girls only, they have great sports programs which produced some of the nation’s best female athletes. Junho adored the place and he was thinking of spending most of his time here but he pushed the thoughts aside because he should be careful of hiding his real identity.  They proceeded to the clinic where he saw the lovely doctor and nurse couple of Chansung and Seohyun. Junho easily made friends with the couple and he promised to visit them in his free time. They proceeded to the garden where he noticed Hyoyeon liked so much. She talked about being one of the main persons in charge of taking care of the flowers and other plants. Near the garden was the chapel where they entered and offered a short prayer. As they were going out, he heard a man spoke to Hyoyeon.

 

“Teacher Hyoyeon, how was your day?” said the man who turned out to be the school’s priest.

 

“Father Siwon! I’’m so shocked to see you here. I thought you had to go somewhere in the next few days?” Hyoyeon said.

 

“The trip was cancelled, they weren’t able to give me clear reasons, though. They say they’ll have it re-scheduled.” The priest answered.

 

As the two continued their conversation, Junho noticed that Father Siwon was still a bit young. He’s probably almost his age or slightly older. He also noticed that the two talked comfortably with each other and although he didn’t want to think badly of him, they really seem close. On top of that, Hyoyeon was so immersed in their conversation that she even forgot to introduce him to Father Siwon.

 

“Hi. I’m Father Siwon, the priest in this school.” He said, offering Junho a handshake.

 

Junho immediately shook the priest’s hand and introduced himself. “My name’s Lee Yoon-hee. I’m the new faculty member.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you Teacher Yoon-hee.” Said the priest and then his phone rang. “I’m sorry I have to take this call. I’ll be leaving now. Nice meeting you Teacher Yoon-hee...” his gaze moved from Junho to Hyoyeon and he said, “I guess I’ll just see you both around. Bye.”

 

The priest left such a good impression on Junho. He seemed so nice and Junho would probably ask for his advice once he’s settled in. Another thing that caught Junho’s attention aside from the likable priest was the way Hyoyeon was acting somewhat cutely around him. And Junho couldn’t just keep his mouth shut so he mentioned this to her as they were about to go to the cafeteria.

 

“Flirting with the priest huh?! How did you manage to stay in this school with your behaviour?” He said sarcastically. He has never met someone like this before. She really puzzles him, in a not so good way, that is. She loved to curse even if she’s teaching in a place where that is not allowed, she gets mad easily and forgets being mad in an instant as well, and now she’s flirting with the priest. He just spent a few hours with this woman and she already got him to analyze her actions very hard. Not that he met so many women before for him to be able to analyze them but aside from Suzy and his Aunt Shinyoung, he hadn’t spent much time with persons of the opposite .

 

“I wasn’t flirting with the priest. Siwon was a childhood friend of mine. We got separated from each other when he entered the seminary and we coincidentally met here again.” Hyoyeon answered defensively and was starting to get annoyed again.

 

“Yeah. Just like how couples end up together in movies? They got separated, meet again, and learn that they like each other then live happily ever after? Maybe you were friends but there was some serious blushing happening in your face as you were talking to him. I thought your cheeks were about to explode. ” He said and he continued with ‘”Father! I’m so shocked to see you here!” just like how Hyoyeon said it upon seeing the priest.

 

“Da-da-da. Someone’s talking nonsense again. You should stop now before someone hears you talking that way about Father Siwon.” Hyoyeon was moments away from leaving.

 

“No, I’m serious. If you need my help, I’ll surely be willing to help you.” Junho continued to .

 

“You’re being rude again. I can’t believe this! I’m leaving.” Before she walked away, Hyoyeon pointed to a small door to their left. “That’s the door to the cafeteria and your tour is officially over. Bye!” Hyoyeon stormed away from Junho and he was left by himself.

 

“Getting mad at me when she obviously has a crush on the priest?! Seriously, how many encounters will I have with this woman?” Junho said.

 

He walked his way to the principal’s office after he remembered that Principal Oh ordered him to come back to her office for class assignments as well as his transfer to the teacher’s dorm. Yes, he will be living in the dorm and he’s very anxious about his secret so he thought of the way to be able to skip living in the teacher’s dorm. He’s already anticipating a long discussion with Principal Oh.