Chapter 32

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Moments later, the lovers are driving towards Suzy’s home to see if Wooyoung was there. They got out of the car, Yoseob waited outside the house as Suzy went inside. She saw her Aunt Shinyoung sitting in the dining table, immersed in deep thoughts. She approached the older lady, “Aunt...” she said.

 

Upon seeing that it’s her, Shinyoung stood up and hugged her tight, tears forming in the older woman’s eyes. “It’s Wooyoung. He came home drunk and he wouldn’t talk to me. He locked himself up in his room and he even has tons of beer with him when he went there. He doesn’t want to talk to me and I’ve been knocking on his room for the past 2 hours and he just shooed me away. I’ve never seen him like this before. I don’t know what to do.”

 

Suzy saw that her aunt’s been stressing over the matter for quite some time now. So she told her, “He had an argument with Taeyeon that’s why he’s acting like that. I suggest you rest for now Aunt and I’ll do something about it, okay?” The older woman nodded as Suzy went outside to call Yoseob.

 

The two went upstairs to Wooyoung’s room which was obviously locked and with the house keys inside. “Wooyoung, come out!” Suzy said. They heard him mumble incoherent words and Suzy answered again, “You think drinking can solve this? I said come out! Or open the door at least! You’re mother’s gonna have a heart attack because of the way you’re acting now!” She commanded. Again, all they heard were his incoherent mumblings. Suzy knew she can’t talk him out of the room, so she motioned Yoseob to open the door by using force. Yoseob was shocked but he did it anyways. When the door was opened, the unimaginable stench of alcohol went all over Suzy and Yoseob’s system. Suzy can’t help but shake her head in disbelief while Yoseob just stood by the door watching his girlfriend come near her drunken bestfriend. It was just ten in the evening but it seems as if their nights are going to be even longer than this. Yoseob was mentally preparing himself when he heard Suzy shouting, yet again.

 

“You stupid person! How can you freaking act like this?! Have you talked to her already?” She shouted at Wooyoung after hitting his head so many times.

 

“I.. I.. I... shalked choo her earlieeeer ba she jidn’t akshept me annymorrrr...” Wooyoung managed to answer in slurred speech.

 

“And you just accept that as it is? Have you even thought of fighting for her? I thought you love her Wooyoung? How can you be so stupid and let her go like that?” She asked angrily.

 

“Ya knowwww I lurrrve Chae sho musch. I chrrried choo talk ba she jidn’t lishhen. I don’t knowww wha elsshe I caaan juu.”

 

Suzy understood him completely well. So she told him, “Get up, we’re going somewhere. Don’t ask questions and just fix yourself. Okay? Don’t wait for me and Yoseob to drag you out of this room and into the bathroom ‘cause you’ll be in much more pain if that happens.”

 

Wooyoung completely understood what Suzy was talking about so he slowly got up and went inside the bathroom to prepare himself for possibly meeting Taeyeon again.

----------------------------------------------------

The car ride to the hotel was excruciating. For Wooyoung, that is. He was sitting at the back rummaging through his brain, plans of what he should do once he gets face to face with Taeyeon again. As for Suzy and Yoseob, the latter was driving silently with one hand while holding Suzy’s hand on the other as she was looking outside the window. ‘How should I solve this thing?! I was never good at this. Of course, I couldn’t talk to Yoseob about it because if this guy at the back hears that I don’t have a plan, he’ll definitely go berserk and do God knows what to me and Yoseob. What should I do now?’ Suzy thought to herself.

 

When they stopped by a gas station, Wooyoung asked if he could go to the restroom for a bit, Suzy let him go but not after saying “No more games Wooyoung! We’re going to talk to her. Everything will be fine. Okay?” To which the other guy nodded to before leaving the car. Once out of the car, Suzy hugged Yoseob, making the guy panic.

 

“What’s wrong babe?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know what to do. I’m at a complete loss for words or thoughts right now!!! Why have I entangled myself in this mess?” She said, almost tearing up.

 

Yoseob then cupped her face, looked straight into her eyes and said, “You are in this mess because you are such a nosy friend that loves meddling with your adult friend’s businesses. Which is not bad and I have to admit, I love you even more for that. Don’t worry. Everything will be okay.” Then he kissed her nose before giving a light peck on her lips.

 

Suzy has calmed down in no time. Words as sweet as that from the man she loves is always very comforting and calming and soothing to her soul. And now that she’s collected herself, she must now think of ways to fix this problem. Yoseob didn’t bother her anymore. He just continued holding her hand as they waited for Wooyoung who eventually came back a few moments later.

------------------------------------------------

When Wooyoung was free from the couple that dragged him out of his misery, he was firm on sneaking out of that gas station. Even after promising Suzy that he won’t leave, thoughts of the events that occurred in the elevator with Taeyeon filled his mind and hopelessness emerged. He can’t talk to her anymore. Not after what she said to him, and definitely not after what he said to her. This seems to be turning into a crazy battle of pride for him but he can’t deny the fact that his chest and the muscular organ inside it, is currently shattering into smaller pieces. He splashed cold water in his face and made up his mind on leaving. As he was about to get out, he saw Suzy and Yoseob hugging in the car. He missed the times that he and Taeyeon were together. He can’t let her go as easily as that. What happened was a clear misunderstanding and letting her go because of his stupid pride would definitely make him regret for the rest of his life. With a clearer mind, set on getting his girl back, he returned to the car and rode silently, thinking of all possible things he could do to stop Taeyeon from going back to the States.

-------------------------------------------

I love writing wooyoung’s drunk slurred speech in this one. I was laughing like mad ‘cause i was trying to read it as if i’m the one under the influence of alcohol. Lol. Lastly, aren’t you guys happy to see our very own Jang Wooyoung go on the solo path. He’s awesome. I was rooting for a unit with Junho, though. But maybe that’s just my crazy fangirl fantasies. Oh well, this i getting longer. I have to say bye for now!!