Chapter 31

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Junho got off the cab not knowing what happened to his buddy. Both his heart and his head were hurting from the events that transpired a few hours ago. What Junho thought to be a normal day turned out to be a huge rollercoaster ride of emotions wherein his buddy became the biggest victim. And there’s no one else to blame but himself. Wooyoung’s voice was still echoing in his head. He never heard him say such stuff to him ever since they were kids. Sure, they had misunderstandings but they always try to resolve everything in a matter of minutes. But this time, it seems like the problem is way deeper than those they had from before. And seriously, he had no idea how he can make it up to his best bud this time around. He kept on thinking what would happen if Taeyeon and Wooyoung could not patch things up. It’s not like he could help them easily because he had to attend to matters of his own. He was walking aimlessly towards the surprisingly distant dorms and he finally reached their room after a long walk.

 

Once he turned the knob, he saw an exercising Hyoyeon on her yoga mat on the floor. Junho gave her a weak smile before going to the bathroom to change. Hyoyeon noticed all this and was very sad for her friend, the whole school actually knows. She went out of the room after thinking of something.

 

“Hey.” Junho said as he got out of the bathroom but he found no one on the room. He sarcastically smiled to himself and said, “Now even Hyoyeon, hates me. Everyone hates me. I hate myself.” He went straight to bed and just as he was about to cover himself with the sheets, he smelled something sweet. He sat on the bed and saw Hyoyeon holding a tray with 2 cups in it. She was smiling as she went up to his bed.

 

“Hey, roomie! I don’t know if you want to share your thoughts with me now but I can sit with you while you eat this.” She smiled and it made Junho’s heart melt. ‘She’s super sweet. I’m happy she’s here.’ He looked at the tray and saw the contents of the cups. He was now looking at a cup of hot tea and another cup of ice cream. ’Wow, this is really what happens when girls get depressed.’ He thought.

 

Hyoyeon noticed the odd expression in her roommate’s face and said, “This is a honey-flavored tea and this is peppermint ice cream. I know, you’re thinking that this will make your stomach ache or something but I’m sure it won’t. It’s very helpful to me and Sunny when we have love troubles since college.” She said before laughing lightly.

 

“And what makes you think I have love troubles?” Junho said.

 

“Come on, Yoon-hee. Just don’t lie to me. I was there, remember? It’s just the two of us in this room so there’s no need in hiding your emotions. That is if you want to share your problem with me.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“I don’t think I can tell it to you in full detail. It’s just that I feel bad right now. Wooyoung has been my bestfriend since we’re 9 and knowing that he’s mad at me for something really hurts my heart. We never had a fight of this scale even before.” He said seriously.

 

Now, Hyoyeon was the one confused. From what she saw, it was Wooyoung who has been two-timing Yoon-hee with that bubbly Taeyeon girl from earlier. So why on earth would Wooyoung get mad at her for? ‘Something bigger is happening here. I just can’t point my finger into it right now.’ She thought before saying, “It’s okay. No need to share, really. I just want you to do anything that will make you feel better and just tell me if I can do anything for you.” She then smiled.

 

Junho looked at her smiling face and thought to himself, ‘Just smile for me like that and I would feel better.’ He then digged in the bowl of ice cream and finished it in an instant. He also finished the tea in a matter of minutes. “Wow! That was refreshing.” He blurted out.

 

Hyoyeon was watching Yoonhee eat the treats she brought and was happy to see her a bit happier than how she was earlier.  When Yoonhee was finished, she went back to bed and covered herself with the sheets. Hyoyeon just stared at her roommate who still seems to be in despair. To think that she already did the hot-cold combination of ice cream and honey tea that works most of the time for Sunny. She then thought of how Sunny made her feel better when she went through horrible heartaches. She tidied her bed and slipped next to Yoonhee’s bed, hugging her from the back.

 

Junho was still immersed in his own deep thoughts when he felt someone slipped into the bed beside him and hugged him from behind. He already knew who it was judging by the sweet smell that was circulating in the air. He was shocked by this and went to ask, “What are you doing?” To which Hyoyeon replied, “I don’t know. I just want to cheer you up and make you feel better. What I did earlier was what I do to cheer up Sunny and it seems like it didn’t work on you. So, I’m now doing what she does to cheer me up in times of heartaches. Don’t ask anymore. Just sleep, roomie. Hopefully, tomorrow, you’ll feel a lot better. Goodnight!” the girl said finally before hugging him even more tightly.

 

Not that I’m complaining but how can I freaking sleep in this state?!’ Junho thought to himself and tried to shut his eyes hard even though he knows, he won’t get enough sleep.

----------------------------------

Suzy was pacing back and forth in front of the couch where Yoseob was sitting and watching a movie. The two were hanging out at the latter’s apartment after Junho’s call asking for help in finding Taeyeon. Suzy was shocked to hear that Tae came back. It was all too sudden plus she didn’t know that Wooyoung had not told her anything about his and Junho’s fake relationship. She is now worried that the two might be arguing, or worse breaking up. She wasn’t able to control her emotions and shouted so hard.

 

“Yaaaah! You crazy girl! You know I love looking at you so it’s okay that you’re pacing there while I’m watching this movie. But seriously, shouting? The neighbours might think I’m you or something. Come here.” Yoseob said while patting the couch beside him, motioning Suzy to sit there.

 

The girl sat down and faced Yoseob, “Who are you calling crazy? I’m going through a lot of stress here, can’t you see?” She worriedly said.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry. I can see you’re stressed out but I clearly don’t understand why. Your friends are all grown-ups, I’m sure they’ll be able to manage themselves. So stop worrying.” Yoseob said as he kissed her in the forehead.

 

“No, you really don’t understand. After hearing the story from Junho earlier, I don’t think this is getting resolved easily. I don’t know why but I really don’t have a good feeling about this.” She said while wrinkling her nose.

 

 Yoseob stared at his girlfriend in pure amusement, and he pinched her cheeks before asking, “You’re so cute when you think too much. So, what do you want to do?”

 

“Get up and dress nicely.” She said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! How are you all doing? I know me updating once every month has been serious torture to all of you and i’ve been debating with myself if i should just go on hiatus or stop writing this completely but i have so many thoughts still and i just can’t let them get to waste. I super apologize because med school is starting to get tougher and my time for writing this is becoming lesser. I’m still trying my best though. I hope you liked this chapter. Your comments mean everything to me so don’t hesitate and write anything for me.. hahaha. That’s all for me now, i still have to study for major exams next week.